Characters, Crowds and Cuisine-A Tale of the World at Spring Break!

OH! GUYS! I've started a new PTR! :woohoo: You'll find the link down there in my siggy. I hope you'll follow me over there and join in on the fun! :yay:

I swear, your Emma is such a doll! princess: Sounds like you did have a great HS day. We did F!, but just weren't that crazy about it. It was just mass hysteria getting in and out of the theatre, and then the show scared 2 out of 3 of my kids. We probably won't do it again. :guilty:

Headed over to sub to your PTR...

I swear, your Emma is such a doll! princess: Sounds like you did have a great HS day. We did F!, but just weren't that crazy about it. It was just mass hysteria getting in and out of the theatre, and then the show scared 2 out of 3 of my kids. We probably won't do it again. :guilty:

Headed over to sub to your PTR...

Awww....thank you! She is pretty sweet if you ask me. princess:

I agree, it is pretty crazy getting out of there, but stopping in the shops to look around really helped to combat that.

It didn't scare Emma, but I was so worried that it would. I guess it helped that I let her watch it on You Tube before we went, so she knew what to expect.

We really enjoyed it, but we won't do it again unless we do the dining package. I saw the line that people were waiting in, and it was HORRENDOUS!!! It was nice to just walk up, show our passes, and walk right in. We didn't wait at all, except for when we were already seated and waiting for the show to start.

Bright and early the next morning (well...maybe not so bright...it was still sort of dark outside) we got up and got ready for our day. We were all bouncing off the walls, because this was our MK day!!! We were still surprising Emma with little things every day, so she got ready and waited anxiously on the bed for us to finish so we could tell her what her surprise was! What was it, you ask? Why we were going to eat breakfast with Pooh and the Gang! :yay: She was so happy! This was her favorite character meal last year, so she was really glad to be going back! We headed down to the bus stop, and a bus showed up pretty quickly.

Now, this was a morning EMH day at MK, and it was opening up at 7 am. Yes...I said that right...7 AM. :eek: We got there early enough that the street lights were still on. We walked up and were first in line at one of the turnstiles, too! YAY!!! :cool1: There didn't seem to be too many people out and about this morning, so I was optimistic that the crowds wouldn't be too bad. We hadn't encountered many yet, so I was hoping it would stay that way.

Once they finally started letting us in, we made our way to the left side, but stayed out far enough to see the Welcome show. Unfortunately, there was a bit of a techical glitch this morning. The train didn't show up in time! It finally pulled in after the countdown had started, and just as they got almost to "1", Mickey stepped off the train to wave hello! It was pretty funny to see the CM's react at this little issue, but they never missed a beat, and it went off beautifully!

Once we were finally let into the park, we headed straight for Fantasyland. We didn't have breakfast ressies until 9:40 am, so we had some time to kill! Of course, we let Emma pick what we did first, so we headed off to her favorite: The Mad Tea Party!!!

151.jpg

We were the first people on the ride for the day, and had it all to ourselves!!! We rode it several more times before hopping off and heading toward Winnie the Pooh.

We got to ride with Pooh and Pals a couple of times, and headed over to Peter Pan. Now this is my favorite ride in the whole place! We rode it twice, and then Emma said it was time for It's Small World. Sadly, we only rode it this one time. ;) Then it was time for the Haunted Mansion! :woohoo: After that we started over to the Crystal Palace for our ADR. We were a little early, but were hungry!!!

We were sooo totally stoked, because we still hadn't encountered ANY lines and NO crowds. And we had gotten so much done already!

Would it stay that way???

Only time will tell...

But first...we had to get our picture taken in front of the castle.

153.jpg

What luck to ride all those rides more than once. Love the picture of you guys on the tea cups so pretty!!

Great picture in front of the castle - there are only like 5 people in the background! Wow!

So, early EMH AND evening EMH at MK?? I'm tired just thinking about it! But I can't wait to read about it! Tomorrow must be a sleep in day!

Been in "stealth-mode" here on the Dis Boards for the last year or so, loving all of the trip reports for WDW and DCL. They are always helpful.

But I decided to jump into the conversation and finally take part. Had the pleasure of reading your Pre-trip report and have been following along ever since. Thanks for the report, it looks like you all had an amazing time.

Looking forward to what you experienced next!

What luck to ride all those rides more than once. Love the picture of you guys on the tea cups so pretty!!

Thank you so much! That's one of my favorite pictures of us. I really like it. :thumbsup2

Great picture in front of the castle - there are only like 5 people in the background! Wow!

I think we got lucky with that. LOL. Thanks!

So, early EMH AND evening EMH at MK?? I'm tired just thinking about it! But I can't wait to read about it! Tomorrow must be a sleep in day!

Yeah...it was a VERY busy day, to say the least! LOL.

Been in "stealth-mode" here on the Dis Boards for the last year or so, loving all of the trip reports for WDW and DCL. They are always helpful.

But I decided to jump into the conversation and finally take part. Had the pleasure of reading your Pre-trip report and have been following along ever since. Thanks for the report, it looks like you all had an amazing time.

Looking forward to what you experienced next!

YAY! I'm so glad that your first post was here! :woohoo: That makes me feel so great! I hope you're enjoying reading along. Chime in whenever you want! Welcome aboard, and thanks for reading!! :flower3:

So...first things first. I have a confession to make. I totally lied to you all on my last post. :scared: I had told you all that we had told Emma that we were eating breakfast with Pooh and Pals. Well...one teensy weensy little problem. I got my days mixed up when writing. Somehow, some of my pictures got mixed up, and that confused my brain a tad (which is not at all hard to do!) :confused:

This particulary day, we would be eating LUNCH with Mickey and the Gang today. Now that we have that little bit of info cleared up, let's get on with the next part of our day.

As I had said in the last post, we had just gotten our picture taken in front of the castle. It was still really early at this point. The park had not yet opened for the general public, but it was just about to. We decided that we would taken in a few things on Main Street before it got busier, so Emma and I did some "window shopping"

154-1.jpg

After looking in the windows for a bit, Emma decided it was time to see some characters. My trusty iPhone told me that Princess Tiana was about to come out soon, so we strolled over to Liberty Square to wait for her to appear. While we waited, Daddy got us our first set of cards so we could try our hand at Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.

After virtually no wait at all, we finally got to meet Princess Tiana.

155-1.jpg

156.jpg

157.jpg

Princess Tiana was PERFECT. The accent was totally beautiful, and she was so so pretty!

After meeting her, we started toward Adventureland to try to meet some more characters. My app told me that Peter Pan was out, and so was Ariel and Prince Eric. Unfortunately, none of them were out. :sad1: Not a problem though! There were fairies to see!

Now, this is where we started to tell that it was getting busy. The line to see Tinkerbell and her fairy friends was really long. We waited about 45 minutes to get in. The wait was definitely worth it though!

First up, was Rosetta:

158.jpg

159.jpg

160.jpg

Rosetta was sweet as sugar, and her Southern Accent was so cute!

161.jpg

Next up was Tinkerbell!

162.jpg

163.jpg

164.jpg

Tinkerbell was very sweet too, but interaction with her seemed a little rushed to me. Maybe it's just because she was in full Tinkerbell mode, and was talking a mile a minute. :rotfl2: All in all, meeting the fairies was so much fun! Emma was excited to finally get to meet them! We had missed them on our previous trip, so both M&G's that morning were new for her.

The crowds were rearing their ugly heads at this point. Emma decided that she wanted to ride The Magic Carpets, so we went over and got in line. This is a ride that we had never waited on. Last year, every time we rode it, it was walk on. NOT TODAY! We waited for around 35 minutes to ride! :scared1: The line snaked around in spots that I never knew existed for a line to be there. It was definitely a strange feeling.

Here we are patiently waiting for our turn:

166.jpg

After flying over Agrahba, we sauntered over to Jungle Cruise. The posted wait was 45 minutes. :scared1: We decided to skip it for now, because we'd get a chance to ride it later on anyway.

It was starting to get close to lunch time at this point, so we started out toward the front of the park. We finally made it to the monorail, and hopped on the one headed to the Contemporary.

We were going to Chef Mickey's today for lunch! It was still early enough, that they were still serving breakfast there, so I guess it was more of a brunch. :rotfl2:

We checked in at the podium and were directed over to the Mickey statue to get our picture made. I still haven't gotten my photopass CD, so I have no pictures of this yet. :sad1:

After cheesin' with Mickey, we had a seat to wait for our table to become ready.

167.jpg

In no time at all, our table was ready and we were seated at a table on the right side of the restaurant. We could see MK from the window we were seated at. I tried to take pictures of it, but my camera kept focusing on the bugs on the window instead of what I wanted it to focus on. :lmao: I'll spare you the random pictures of bug guts that I have.

cont'd in next post

cont'd from prevous post

I have to also apologize here too, because I didn't take any pictures of our food! :scared1: I did, however, take lots of pictures of Emma and all her friends!

168.jpg

169.jpg

170.jpg

171.jpg

172.jpg

173.jpg

174.jpg

Chef Mickey's was a lot of fun, and we did enjoy the food. Mine and Emma's favorite were the strawberries. They were so SO good!!! Dada had his fair share of Mickey waffles here too. Man those things are good!

Once we were done eatin' and napkin twirlin' we decided to head back to the park for a while.

The park was so busy, that we knew we would have long waits no matter what we did, so we headed straight for Dumbo.

176.jpg

You can see by the picture, that we were very happy to finally be close to riding. We had waited for such a long time! And it didn't help that this one woman kept getting out of line to ask a cast member how much longer she was going to have to wait, then she would climb over the chains and rails to take her previous spot in line. She really got on my nerves. It didn't appear that any of her family was in line with her either because she never talked to anyone when she got back in line. It was really strange.

Anywho...we rode Dumbo, then hopped in line to ride the Barnstormer. That was a very long, and very hot wait, but the ride was SO MUCH FUN! Emma loved it! It quickly became her favorite,too. After we rode, we got off and made tracks over to Tomorrowland. We hadn't been there yet at all! The wait times were just horrific everywhere. And there were so many people that you couldn't really move much! There were still fast passes available for buzz, so we grabbed some. I was extremely surprised to see that the return time was only an hour later. I guess everyone was just getting in line and not using fastpasses on it. The wait was 45 minutes, so we tucked away our fast passes and went over to Carousel of Progress to use the surprise fast passes that came with our Buzz one's.

I had never seen this show before, and was very surprised with how good it was. I really enjoyed it and so did Emma. It was a nice, cool break to have, and we loved it. (So did our feet.) After CoP, we hopped over to the People Mover. It actually had a 15 minute wait. No matter though, we still had time to kill before we could use our fast passes for Buzz.

After our relaxing ride on the People Mover, it was time for BUZZ!!! We handed our FPs over and with no more than a 5 minute wait, we were riding! Emma giggled a ton and kept spinning our car around. It was so much fun to ride with her! I just love to hear her laugh!

After Buzz, we started to notice the crowds getting heavier, and BOY was it ever hot! We walked around Tomorrowland a little more, but never rode anything else because it was so darn busy! Eventually, we finally made it to the front of the park, and headed back toward our room for a break and a nap.

WE WERE POOPED!

Up next, a Princess and Evening EMH's!!!

I love the fact that you all enjoy Disney so much and that there are no party poopers in your group. And Emma seems like she is on cloud 9 in every picture--just thrilled to be at WDW.

During my first visit to WDW, I remember having read briefly about Chef Mickey's and decided to bring my friends I was touring with over to the Contemporary via Monorail. They thought we were just checking out the famous hotel but I sprung for a surprise dinner at CM. One of the best things I've ever done.

What was great was that we were sat right next to a window, (much like your description) looking at the Magic Kingdom and there was a dark thunderstorm that started as we began to eat. It was perfect timing, great food and lots of fun with the characters. And oddly enough it is one of our favorite memories together. :)

I definitely have to agree with the above poster....your TR is so much fun to read because it's so upbeat and it seems like you guys are having an absolute blast. I've abandoned a few TR's because of some more....unsatisfying tones. This must've been a real dream trip for your family and Emma just seems so happy - I hope DD has as good a time in 2 weeks!

I love the fact that you all enjoy Disney so much and that there are no party poopers in your group. And Emma seems like she is on cloud 9 in every picture--just thrilled to be at WDW.

During my first visit to WDW, I remember having read briefly about Chef Mickey's and decided to bring my friends I was touring with over to the Contemporary via Monorail. They thought we were just checking out the famous hotel but I sprung for a surprise dinner at CM. One of the best things I've ever done.

What was great was that we were sat right next to a window, (much like your description) looking at the Magic Kingdom and there was a dark thunderstorm that started as we began to eat. It was perfect timing, great food and lots of fun with the characters. And oddly enough it is one of our favorite memories together. :)

Oh, how fun! It must've been an awesome feeling to get to surprise them with that!

Thanks for reading along! We really do love Disney, and everything about it, so to be happy is easy! It's our happy place! :goodvibes

I definitely have to agree with the above poster....your TR is so much fun to read because it's so upbeat and it seems like you guys are having an absolute blast. I've abandoned a few TR's because of some more....unsatisfying tones. This must've been a real dream trip for your family and Emma just seems so happy - I hope DD has as good a time in 2 weeks!

Awww...thank you! It's really easy for my TR to be upbeat, because that's exactly the way we are any time we're at WDW. The way we look at it, it that it's definitely a dream trip if we're there, because that's where we'd rather be than anywhere! KWIM?

I can't believe ya'll are leaving so soon! It certainly did get here quick!

I was looking through some pictures today, and noticed that I had missed posting some pictures in the last post!

So, here ya go!

First up are some of us waiting to go in Chef Mickey's.

116.jpg

It's like our own little version of Where's Waldo, but in this case it's Where's Dada. :lmao:

122-1.jpg

One of my favorites:

126-1.jpg

On the People Mover:

138-1.jpg

139-1.jpg

140-1.jpg

141-1.jpg

and imprisoned with the Evil Emperor Zurg

142-1.jpg

After naptime back at the hotel, it was time to tell Emma about her second surprise for the day. We were eating dinner in Cinderella's Castle! As if that was exciting enough for her, then I showed her what she would be wearing.

Those of you that read my PTR, know that I had one of my friends make a dress for her to wear to the castle on this night. Emma was going dressed as Belle, in her blue, provencial dress. Emma was beside herself with excitement!

We got ready, and snapped a few pictures on the way out. First off, Emma's hair:

143.jpg

I wanted it to be as close to Belle's style as I could get it, and this is what it looked like in the back. I loved her hair like this, and still fix it like that every now and then. :goodvibes

Here she is, looking out toward Sassagoula River from right outside our room:

144-2.jpg

I think that's one of my favorite pictures EVER. You can't see her face, but somehow, it's perfect to me. I think it really captures the sweetness factor. Does that make sense? :)

Now for some posing, and some shots with Mommy and Dada:

145.jpg

146-2.jpg

147-2.jpg

And yet another hair shot. LOL

148.jpg

Emma was already loving being dressed up. Everytime we saw a cast member they would say something like "Good Evening, Princess Belle". It was precious!

When we finally made it to the park, this is what we saw:

149.jpg

Yes, the castle does look gorgeous...

but that's not quite what I was referring to. Check out all the PEOPLE! They were everywhere!!!!

Wanna see it again? OK...here ya go:

149.jpg

Anyway. It's didn't matter one bit to us. We knew that they were all lining up to watch the parade and the fireworks, so we just walked right past them and around to the backside of the castle where we got checked in for our very special dinner.

There were TONS of families waiting to go upstairs, but really, the wait wasn't that bad at all! Emma had her picture taken with Cinderella:

150-2.jpg

and then we were ushered upstairs to our table. The cast member seating us said "Right this way, Princess Belle." And he proceeded to seat us at the very first table to the right as you come up the stairs. We didn't know it at the time, but this was a PRIME location.

We settled into out seats and began perusing the menus:

151-1.jpg

We ordered shortly thereafter, and the appetizers began coming out.

DH and I both got salads, and Emma got the Cheese and Grapes. Now here's where I become a bad Diser. :sad: I didn't get pictures of any of the food except for our two salads and our two entrees. I was a bit distracted during this meal. You'll see why soon.

Nonetheless, here are our salads:

182.jpg

152-2.jpg

Mine was definitely the superior of the two. Mine was the beet salad. It was so yummy! I do love beets though. :)

Not long after our salads arrived, they began announcing princesses! This is where we discovered that we were sitting in a great location! Our table was the first to be visited by every princess!

Snow White was first:

183.jpg

Princess Aurora was next:

153-2.jpg

154-2.jpg

Third, came Princess Ariel:

187.jpg

188.jpg

Now all of these interactions were just wonderful. The princesses were all sweet and pretty, and Emma loved every minute of it. Especially when Ariel kept calling her Angelfish. She really like that.

BUT...

None of it would compare to what we would experience next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter