Characters, Crowds and Cuisine-A Tale of the World at Spring Break!

great update! xo

Thank you!! :thumbsup2 I hope to do another update tonight too! :goodvibes

Mmmmm!! the food looks SO GREAT :bitelip: I only have to wait 10 more days to get my hands on some lovely delish Disney food!!! I can do it right??

OH MY, IT WAS!!! I so wish I had some right now! Do you think you might have some room in your luggage for me to just hop in and go with you?

Just 6 weeks until I can eat some of that deliciousness! So glad that it was so yummy for y'all. And so glad that I didn't miss out on anything with all the DisBoard craziness over the past weekend! :thumbsup2

Yes, it has definitely been crazy! I hope they get it all fixed soon. Not having the search option is sort of crippling sometimes.

Joining in! How amazing of you to surprise your daughter like that! She will always remember the day she got to go to WDW instead of school! :cool1: I can't wait to do that with my little prince one day.

We're staying at POFQ this October, so I'm glad to read a TR of someone who stayed there! I am looking forward to the boat that goes to DTD - that is a big draw for my DH, who enjoys DTD. We will probably try Earl of Sandwich this trip. The sandwich looks yummy!

Looking forward to more! :thumbsup2

You guys are going to LOVE POFQ. It is totally awesome. We really like the size of the resort, and the boat to DTD is really nice. We like the quiet, laid back ambiance of it. It's definitely our favorite. I don't have any other resorts to compare it to yet, but that may change on our next trip! We still have a long time until the next trip, but a new PTR might start up soon. Not having a ticker is driving me mad!

I'm in!!! Your family is adorable and I can not wait to read about your adventures. I hope to turn my Grumpy into a disney loving fool as well. We have only been once and are going again in August so I think we are on the right track:banana:

Looking forward to your updates!

Off to a great start!
My mouth actually watered while reading your descriptions and seeing the pics!! :lovestruc:lovestruc
Can't wait for more!

I know! It makes mine water too! I need to get on the ball and post again tonight. I'm just hoping to power through my day right now though. I've not been feeling well the last couple of days, and it's really starting to take a toll on me. Me need a nap! :lmao:

I'm in!!! Your family is adorable and I can not wait to read about your adventures. I hope to turn my Grumpy into a disney loving fool as well. We have only been once and are going again in August so I think we are on the right track:banana:

Looking forward to your updates!

:lovestruc Awwww...thank you for the sweet remarks!

How exciting! I wish I were going again in August! :cloud9:

Just got up to date on your trip report and love it. I love the food pictures from dinners and the descriptions. Looks & sounds amazing. We've never eaten there but you make it awfully tempting!

I am a full time banker too and boy is it a hard job right now!

Well, can't wait for the updates that will be coming. Thanks so much for sharing!

YAY! So glad you're here!!! :thumbsup2

A little off subject, is the DIS acting quirky for you? For some reason, a post you made in another TR is showing up in the place of this one. The only way I could really read what you had written was by quoting it. :confused3

Weird, huh?

UGH! It didn't sub me to your thread when I posted like it was supposed to. :headache:

Yes, the DIS has been super wonky and showing up random posts in place of what was actually posted. It's weird that it was showing up odd like that for you ... I thought it was just on my end. :sad2:

Anyway ... loved your Kouzzina update! I enjoyed the Ribeye as well ... however, I wasn't a fan of the potatoes. They were too dry for my liking, and needed some butter or something to soak in. They weren't bad, by any stretch, just not to my tastes. :thumbsup2

I had considered the chicken, perhaps it is what I'll have next time!

They didn't have Greek Yogurt on the menu the night we dined. :guilty:

Your dinners looked amazing! Did your DH enjoy the broccoli-stuff as much as I did? I could have eaten a whole plate of it as my only dish item and been in heaven. :cloud9:

Anxious to see pics of the desserts! (I had the Loukomadres in 2010 and they were great!)

Just got up to date on your trip report and love it. I love the food pictures from dinners and the descriptions. Looks & sounds amazing. We've never eaten there but you make it awfully tempting!

I am a full time banker too and boy is it a hard job right now!

Well, can't wait for the updates that will be coming. Thanks so much for sharing!

Welcome over to the dark side...MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

:rotfl2: Just kidding!

HI! :wave2: I am glad you are here!

Yes, the banker job is a bit of a tough one right now. I'm exhausted EVERY DAY when I get home. I don't think I've been up past 9 pm once in the last two weeks. I'm getting close to it now though. I might make it tonight. LOL It can definitely get stressful at times in the banking industry. That's fo' sho'! :lmao:

I'm glad you're enjoying the TR so far. I am having a lot of fun doing it.

You should think about trying Kouzzina sometime. It is really really good. Still one of our favorites. We will definitely keep going back!

UGH! It didn't sub me to your thread when I posted like it was supposed to. :headache:

Yes, the DIS has been super wonky and showing up random posts in place of what was actually posted. It's weird that it was showing up odd like that for you ... I thought it was just on my end. :sad2:

Anyway ... loved your Kouzzina update! I enjoyed the Ribeye as well ... however, I wasn't a fan of the potatoes. They were too dry for my liking, and needed some butter or something to soak in. They weren't bad, by any stretch, just not to my tastes. :thumbsup2

I had considered the chicken, perhaps it is what I'll have next time!

They didn't have Greek Yogurt on the menu the night we dined. :guilty:

Your dinners looked amazing! Did your DH enjoy the broccoli-stuff as much as I did? I could have eaten a whole plate of it as my only dish item and been in heaven. :cloud9:

Anxious to see pics of the desserts! (I had the Loukomadres in 2010 and they were great!)

Yes, he LOVED that broccoli stuff. It looked really good, but I didn't get a taste of it. I was too busy scarfing down my precious Cinnamon-Stewed Chicken. :lmao:

I've GOT to get the other pictures off of DH's phone. The yogurt dish was TOO DIE FOR good. I LOVED IT!

Alright...moving right along. Just before we left Kouzzina, Emma wanted her picture taken. And this is what I got:

054.jpg

Our daughter is such a ham. LOL

And another picture that I took before we left:

053.jpg

Yep. I should TOTALLY be a photographer. :rotfl2: As I go back through my pictures, some of them are totally random. So that might amp up the entertainment factor of this trip report. :rotfl2:

OK...moving on again...LOL

When we left the restaurant we stopped to look around and watch some of the performers. I didn't watch much of the show. I was too busy watching this

056.jpg

I love that picture. I just stood there and watched them the whole time while they watched the performer. I am shocked that I didn't cry, but all I could do was smile.

As the performer finished his show, we started making our way to the boat dock. We were heading to Epcot for the rest of the evening because they were having EMH's that night from 9 until midnight.

Sorry for such a short post, but Photobucket is being REALLY slow when I upload new pictures to it. I am going to try to do another post tonight, but it might be tomorrow night before I can. Hope everyone's having a good night!

I'm a Nashville Airport too! Actually, that reads funny - I'll just say Nashvillian. Except we'll be roading it down there this time. Your DD is absolutely precious. I love her Minnie ears. Your reveal story had me choked up. What a fantastic memory for your family!

Your meal at Kouzzina has me rethinking some ADRs for next month. The foo looked delish.

I look forward to your update!

I'm a Nashville Airport too! Actually, that reads funny - I'll just say Nashvillian. Except we'll be roading it down there this time. Your DD is absolutely precious. I love her Minnie ears. Your reveal story had me choked up. What a fantastic memory for your family!

Your meal at Kouzzina has me rethinking some ADRs for next month. The foo looked delish.

Thank you! She's my little sweetie pie. I think I might embarrass her just a little when I cover her in kisses when I drop her off for school. :rotfl:

Do you live in Nashville? If you do, then we REALLY aren't far from each other. I live in Franklin, KY. We are right on the Tennessee line, and only about 30-45 minutes from Nashville.

The food at Kouzzina is really really good. It was our favorite last year, and it was still our favorite non-Signature meal this year.

Great trip report so far! Adorable family! Your surprise was awesome! Congrats on waiting to tell her! I can only imagine how hard that had to have been! Can't wait to hear more! :yay:

Hey! I'm in Nashville too! :wave2:
I just caught up on your tr - your DD is such a cutie! I love that you were watching her more than the performer. I'm sure the look on her face was better than anything the performer did!
Can't wait for more!

I guess I should finish up Day 1, shouldn't I? :rotfl:

After we, well, they watched the performer, and I watched them, we boarded a boat at the Boardwalk and headed to Epcot for the evening.

It was so nice to be walking through the International Gateway again! I really love this park, and am amazed at it's beauty each and every time I am there. Disney really does a great job with the International Showcase. I could spend SO much time there. I usually don't, because I'm afraid that it bores Emma to death, but I found out something interesting this year. She really likes it too! Honestly, she actually asked to go back to Epcot on the last day we were there. I was SHOCKED. That update will come later though, so you'll have to stay tuned to see what we actually do. ;)

Anywho...we strolled along through the UK and just sauntered along on our way to Future World. It was time to hit up some rides! The first one Emma wanted to do was Spaceship Earth. She loves this ride! She is always wide-eyed and looks so enthralled in it throughout the whole ride. It's always "Look Mommy! It's the Egyptians!" or "Look Mommy! Isn't that cool???" It amazes me that a ride all about our history and such could be so interesting to a 6 year old. I can remember riding this ride when I was about 10 or 11 and thinking that it was the most BORING ride ever. :rotfl2: Just being with her when she rides it is enough to make it not boring for me now though. I love it!

When we got off Spaceship Earth, we followed Emma's directions. We rode it again! :rotfl2:

After our two goes on Spaceship Earth, we were trying to decide what to do next. Emma decided on Test Track. We didn't get to do this ride on our last trip, so I was so excited to finally get to ride it. I had never gotten to before! DH had ridden it SEVERAL times, and had always talked about how great it was. You see, he went to Disney World back in the fall of 1999. I didn't get to go on this trip though. :sad: DH went with PGA golfer, Kenny Perry to a golf tournament that was being held at Disney World. (I believe it was played on the Magnolia.) They went to dinner at Wolfgang Pucks: The Dining Room one night, and then went to Epcot. They would ride Test Track, get off and then get right back on. I honestly don't think they did anything else there. Test Track had just opened, so it was a big draw to them. They had a blast! As I recall, I think they did the same think in HS on the Rockin' Rollercoaster. RRC wasn't open yet, but I do believe they got to ride it. ALOT. It was getting close to opening, so they were letting the PGA guys and their guests ride it. He had a great time.

WOW...How off track was I? :mic: "Now back to your regulary scheduled Trip Report." :lmao:

We headed toward Test Track. The wait to ride wasn't bad at all. All in all, I think we only waited about 20 minutes to ride. Emma really liked it until we got to the really fast part at the end. She started to squeal a little and started to cry some. :guilty: Then, suddenly, she realized that it was fun! She started to yell, and even laughed some! As soon as we got off, she wanted to ride it again! By this time though it was getting late and we were all really tired. Mommy made the executive decision that we should head back to the room, because tomorrow was going to be a busy day! We had plans for rope drop at HS the next morning!

We schlepped back to the room by way of the buses. There were people EVERYWHERE. There was a huge tour group that was yelling and making a lot of noise. We were so relieved when they kept walking past the bus stop to POFQ. I was so afraid they would get on our bus! :eek:

We got back to the room, took our baths and showers and hit the hay. At this point, I'm thinking it was after midnight, or really close to it anyway. Emma was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow, and Daddy set up our wake up call for 5:45 the next morning. DOUBLE :eek:!

Would we make it???

Stay tuned to find out!

Great trip report so far! Adorable family! Your surprise was awesome! Congrats on waiting to tell her! I can only imagine how hard that had to have been! Can't wait to hear more! :yay:

:welcome: and Thank you! Not telling her about the trip was SO hard. Right now we're trying to decide if we're going to keep our next trip a secret or not. I can't decide! Hopefully I'll get going on a PTR soon, and all you guys can help me decide!

I just caught up on your tr - your DD is such a cutie! I love that you were watching her more than the performer. I'm sure the look on her face was better than anything the performer did!
Can't wait for more!

:wave2: HI NEIGHBOR!!!

The looks on her face throughout our trip were priceless. I loved every minute of it! Thanks for reading along! I'm glad to have you here!

So glad y'all had a great first day! And that Emma ended up really liking Test Track! I hate that it's going to be down for refurb while we are there, but one less ing we have to worry about baby swapping on :p

I'm a native Nashvillian myself! My whole family is still there, so we truck it up I-40 a lot of weekends. Especially during football season, since we have Titans season tickets :woohoo:!

Can't wait for Day 2!

Thank you! She's my little sweetie pie. I think I might embarrass her just a little when I cover her in kisses when I drop her off for school. :rotfl:

Do you live in Nashville? If you do, then we REALLY aren't far from each other. I live in Franklin, KY. We are right on the Tennessee line, and only about 30-45 minutes from Nashville.

The food at Kouzzina is really really good. It was our favorite last year, and it was still our favorite non-Signature meal this year.

Can't wait for more!

So glad y'all had a great first day! And that Emma ended up really liking Test Track! I hate that it's going to be down for refurb while we are there, but one less ing we have to worry about baby swapping on :p

I'm a native Nashvillian myself! My whole family is still there, so we truck it up I-40 a lot of weekends. Especially during football season, since we have Titans season tickets :woohoo:!

Can't wait for Day 2!

I'm in! Loving your TR so far. popcorn::The beginning of your day one sounds like the beginning ours! We had to wake our kiddos up and tell them they were not going to school that day too. It is such a great feeling to pull off the surprise, however I will never try it again. It was just too hard to keep my mouth shut! :rotfl:

It's official, Kouzzina's is going on our must do list for next time. Between your pictures and reviews and Lidian's I MUST try this deliciousness! :thumbsup2

I am thinking Nashvillians must unite!!! I live just 30 miles east of Nash-Vegas in Lebanon, TN. There are so many of us. Maybe we could work out a mini Dis-meet at the Opry Mills Disney Store in the next month or so. What do you all think? :confused3

I'm in! Loving your TR so far. popcorn::The beginning of your day one sounds like the beginning ours! We had to wake our kiddos up and tell them they were not going to school that day too. It is such a great feeling to pull off the surprise, however I will never try it again. It was just too hard to keep my mouth shut! :rotfl:

It's official, Kouzzina's is going on our must do list for next time. Between your pictures and reviews and Lidian's I MUST try this deliciousness! :thumbsup2

I am thinking Nashvillians must unite!!! I live just 30 miles east of Nash-Vegas in Lebanon, TN. There are so many of us. Maybe we could work out a mini Dis-meet at the Opry Mills Disney Store in the next month or so. What do you all think? :confused3

I think that's a great idea!!! I had forgotten that Opry Mills had opened back up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter