Characters at Reception

poohmadmum

DIS Veteran
I'd really like a couple of characters at our vow renewal reception. My favourite character is pooh bear but I'm sure I've read somewhere that you are not allowed pooh. Does anyone know if this is right? Also do you know if there are any other characters that you definitely can't have?

I believe I've heard that as well. Also, muppets and Star wars characters aren't allowed, all for copyright reasons.

When we got married last November, I believe that Pooh is not an option due licensing rights.

It depends on your locations as to which character can appear. Some licensing restrictions do not allow them to appear at private events or allow them only to appear in certain areas of the parks if you are planning an in park event.

Interesting. It make sense - but I have never heard/read that before. I would ask you EM, I was under the impression you could get just about any character that you have seen in the parks.

One more thought. If you really want to get pictures with Pooh, he is usually at the 1900 Park Fair breakfast at the Grand Floridian - you are allowd to wear wedding attire to resort restaurants (just not in the parks).

My fiance called and tried to get my favorite character (Piglet) to be at our reception and was told the same thing about the Pooh characters can't be there, something to do with licensing. I was bummed but got over it.

oh no, I was going to ask for Eeyore at our wedding. My Daughter must be the biggest fan and will be hugely disappointed. That's not good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter