Characters at Disneyland Hotel??

Disney Princesses LW

Mouseketeer
HI what characters have been seen in the Disneyland Hotel???? Not inventions/character meals, I mean characters wandering inside the hotel.

I know there will be signs up giving more details when we arrive but what time have people seen characters then I can plan into my internery????

Always wanted to visit inside the DLH and on our next trip next month thought it would be great idea to have a wander around the hotel and have a drink to warm us up late afternoon it would be a massive bonus if some charcters were inside for kids to see too :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

It honestly depends... you tend to see the main ones like Minnie/Mickey/Pluto etc Then you sometimes see more unusual ones too (this is mainly at breakfast though, but tends to be later morning, early tends to be the 'main' characters).

More unusual characters I can remember seeing are: Eeyore, Tigger, Scrooge McDuck, Launchpad McQuack, Genie, White Rabbit, Max (Goofy's son), Friar Tuck, Prince John, Pinocchio, Gepetto. Sometimes the Hippo from Fantasia is there but I have never seen her. There are more (and some of these aren't that unusual as I read them back!) but that is all I can think of right now.

As for characters around later in the day - sometimes there are by chance, but there is no official meet other than the afternoon dancing (name escapes me right now), which is normally at 4 pm in winter (I think). Was 5 pm in summer. Happens on certain days at the top and bottom of the stairs in the main foyer - someone might be able to confirm days for you. Think it's normally Thurs - Sun or something....

Bottom line is there is no definitive list really - characters seem to go in fits and starts. For example, our first few trips it was hard to see Eeyore & Tigger so we were pleased to see them in the hotel, now they are sometimes at Cafe Mickey....! Likewise Friar Tuck etc.

If you are planning a drink in the DLH, I'd recommend afternoon tea in Cafe Fantasia - it is wonderful and not a bad price - the Gourmet coffee with petite desserts is lovely and my children loved the Mickey waffles :goodvibes.

Hope that helps anyway.

hi we are just back from Disneyland Hotel, I looked for a notice but there isnt one just one that says characters are there from 4pm thurs - sun.
We seen Prince John, Robin hood, Friar Tuck, Donald Duck, Mickey, Pluto and sherrif of nottingham. We always had early breakfast so never seen anyone then.
Also its very busy, I had to go outside and let DH handle things some people were really bad and girls just kept waiting.

We saw White Rabbit; Pluto and Eeyore at 9am-ish and at 3pm-ish on the same day we saw Cinderella; Snow White; Belle and Ariel in the lobby.

I seem to remember we spotted Flynn and Rapunzel wandering at some point too - but can't remember if that was Feb or August!

I find it so fascinating how each park has it's own ideas of 'rare' characters. Seems that some that are harder to find in DLP are abundant in WDW or DL, and vice versa. I've never met Scrooge, and would be in 7th Heaven if we were to see him next month.

Fingers crossed. :goodvibes

yes it does help, especially love the idea of a dance and the cafe fantastia idea will fit into our intinery perfectly. We have to check out of NPB at 10am but are staying off site that night ready for early flight home next day.
Ive booked Auberges at 2pm but we want to see dreams one last time before we go home which on at 8:30pm so the cafe fantatsia would be great idea when we get hungey later and warm us up before dreams starts :cool1:

We saw White Rabbit; Pluto and Eeyore at 9am-ish and at 3pm-ish on the same day we saw Cinderella; Snow White; Belle and Ariel in the lobby.

I seem to remember we spotted Flynn and Rapunzel wandering at some point too - but can't remember if that was Feb or August!
Rosebug I hope we are as lucky as you were............. fingers crossed for 3pm characters

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter