Character spot/Wreck it Ralph questions

MickeyWaffles

DIS Veteran
Two questions:

1. Is it generally difficult to get the Epcot character spot as a 4th/5th FP? We will be able to book our 4th after 12:00. We used to pre-book this as one of our Tier 2 FP - I really miss that being a Tier 2 option!

2. How has the wait been for Wreck it Ralph/Vanellope? I don’t have a good feel for how popular this M&G is. This is a surprise quick visit and we only have a partial day at Epcot. I’m only planning to do it if we have time OR if the kids find out it exists while we’re there :) What kind of wait range am I looking at mid morning or mid afternoon?

Thanks!

Last edited:
On December 2, I met them at 6:30pm with about a 20 minute wait. I know that doesn't help much, but it wasn't as nutty as I thought it would be.

We met Ralph and Vanellope last night around 7pm. 5 min wait.

We have walked past it earlier in the day though, and it never looks super crowded. It's in an around the corner, in the back location, so it's somewhat hidden. That helps. :teeth:

More difficult to get Character Spot as a 4th fastpass than it should be! Since most of the other Toer 1 have height requirements this is a go to for families.

Not much help but Ralph and Vanellope were the longest wait I had to meet characters. I think it was about a 45 minute wait and I was there in the early afternoon.

We met Ralph and Vanellope last night around 7pm. 5 min wait.

We have walked past it earlier in the day though, and it never looks super crowded. It's in an around the corner, in the back location, so it's somewhat hidden. That helps. :teeth:
We did the same thing, walked past the building but the crowd was huge. I went back to check it out at 4 pm and it was empty. Vanellope was standing there by herself shrugging at me "where is everyone". I literally ran to get my 2 yr old Daughter who loves her. We spent a good amount of time w her since there was no one else in there.

It helps a lot that the meet n greet is tucked away a bit.

So is it in the same building with Baymax and Joy and Sadness just further back? I missed the announcement on this and my kids are definitely going to want to do it.

So is it in the same building with Baymax and Joy and Sadness just further back? I missed the announcement on this and my kids are definitely going to want to do it.
It is right around the corner from baymax and Joy and Sadness. It is tucked away in the corner. I think technically it is the same building but you cannot access Ralph and Van through Sadness and Baymax which is good imo.

We met them around 10:45am on a Friday morning recently and waited about 15-20 mins. At first it was just Vanellope there, which may have turned some people away, but when she went out to take her break, Ralph came back with her. So it was really perfect timing for us (since we were close to the front of the line at that point) and a great surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter