Character meet etiquette

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by Coolname, Nov 9, 2018 at 4:43 PM.

1. Coolname

Coolname Earning My Ears

My DD2 loves meeting characters, but is terrible at waiting in line. Would it be considered rude to just hand her off to my husband after he waits in line with DD6?

2. GoingSince1990

GoingSince1990 Earning My Ears

Not in the slightest. Anyone who would have an issue with a 2-year old girl joining her sister in the line for a character has a heart that is way more than 2 sizes too small.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Coolname

Coolname Earning My Ears

Thank you. That's reassuring! I wasn't sure if we'd be getting some looks for "cutting" in line. Trust me, nobody wants to be in line next to my crazy 2 year old!

5. verleniahall

verleniahall DIS Veteran

It will depend - some cms allow it and some don’t

6. daisy2013

daisy2013 Earning My Ears

It may work for some lines but not all. Many character lines (Anna/Elsa, princesses by the castle etc) are not set up for an easy hand off . You would have to push through the line to make it up to where they are. That is not so easy as the lines tend to be packed close not set up for easy maneuvering like that

7. Thing 1

Thing 1 DIS Veteran

Many character greets are set up much like ride lines and that just won’t work. Probably better to plan ways to keep her happy in like, use FP for shorter lines and just remind her if she wants to see the princess, she will have to wait in line.

8. DizneyLizzy

DizneyLizzy DIS Veteran

I personally wouldn’t care at all if a parent and a two year old made their way through a line to join another parent and child at the front - it’s not like it increases anyone else’s wait in line. There might be some lines where it could get tricky just bc there is a closed door holding area right before the meet - town square Mickey is one I’m thinking of in particular. I guess a lot of the indoor meet and greets might be like that, but it’s worth a try. Good luck!

9. Coolname

Coolname Earning My Ears

Thanks for all your replies. I was thinking more about outdoor meets like Buzz Lightyear in MK. We'll have to come up with some serious entertainment to get her through the Anna & Else line!
    Does anyone know about how long the waits run for the WS princesses? Or Jessie in HS? Is she outside?

10. verleniahall

verleniahall DIS Veteran

It will also depend on the Cast Member - we were in line for the 7 dwarves and we we had a family a few people behind us last year just have dad wait and then the rest of the family tried to join abotu an hour later and the CM said no. We had to vouch for the family RIGHT behind us that the mom had come through with her husband in the beginning and she had popped out to use the bathroom.

I think they are starting to crack down on it due to compliants from others - so just an fyi

LongLiveRafiki likes this.
  11. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

When we met Anna & Elsa, the wait was maybe 15 minutes.

The waits for the WS princesses can be long...I really wanted to meet Belle. We got there about 20 minutes before she was going to come out and were first in line. By the time she appeared, the line was really long.

Woody & Jessie meet together. Their line can be very long. We met them during EMM with less than 15 minute wait.

12. MinnieMom85

MinnieMom85 Earning My Ears

I personally have no problem with outdoor lines where someone can easily jump in. Especially if its just a parent and a young child. But when several people (or majority of a family) are pushing through an indoor line it makes it really obnoxious.

maxiesmom likes this.
  13. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Have you planned any character meals? They are great for meeting characters with little wait.