character meals

colleenr

Earning My Ears
Trying to figure out a character meal that both my 4 yr old son and 7 yr old daughter will both enjoy. I have tusker house already booked. Just trying figure out a 2nd one. Any help will be appreciated. TIA

The breakfast at Ohana is fun and appeals to boys and girls. Bonus: Mickey is there! We have gone there at 11:30 on a day when the MK opens at 8 for EMH so it's more like our lunch break. We've also done it as a departure day activity.

They would also probably both like garden grill. We had a great dinner there but it was before they took the beef off the menu, and that was our favorite part of the entree plate.

What about the Bon Adventure Breakfast? It has Price Eric, Flynn, Ariel and Rapunzel. I like the face characters (are they still called that?) more than the nontalking ones.

thanks. We are doing Ohana for dinner not sure about going there twice. We are trying to go to different places this time. We have never been to garden grill. Thanks I will look into that one.

Where is the Bon Adventure Breakfast? I have never heard of that.

Oh I should also note that we are not going to Hollywood studios. Thanks again

Yikes! It's Bon Voyage not Bon Adventure. It's on the Boardwalk at Trattoria al Forno. I don;t know the name of it, but I have a reservation there next month.

We love the Cape May breakfast at the Beach Club. Something to keep in mind when you're dining at other resorts is that they're a pain to get to if you don't have a car.

We've tried Crystal Palace, Tusker, and Chef Mickey's. At the Crystal Palace, we felt the least rushed. Not that the others rushed us, but CP just seemed more leisurely. After that, we liked Chef Mickey's for the character variety.

So last time I did Chef Mickey and Cape May and personally Cape May was a far superior experience (Chef Mickey was loud, but maybe that is just my family and preferences); plus at Cape May you can get an adult breakfast drink (like a Bellini) which I see as a bonus. I didn't see that option at Chef Mickey. This time I'm trying Garden Grill and Bon Voyage (but DD is a princess obsessed 4 yo). I'm hoping both of those will be hits!

Cape May at the Beach Club is good but it only has 3 characters (Goofy, Donald, and Minnie). Since you are doing Tusker already, I would suggest also doing Crystal Palace for totally different characters. Or, breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian has Alice and the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Tigger and Pooh (I think), so that may work. Maybe someone can correct me. Garden Grill is good but Mickey will be a repeat from Tusker, although Chip and Dale and Pluto will not. Garden Grill is family style (not buffet) and I really enjoy it.

Food-wise, I find that Crystal Palace is the winner. I would book this just to eat their sugar-laden "Pooh" (really it looks like a blob) french toast. LOL. Garden Grill is really fun too! Chip and Dale!

I don't have a son myself, but have gone with friends who had a 4 yo boy (4yo B/G twins) and he loved the princesses at Akershus, just sayin'. I would not write off princesses just because you have a boy.

We are also big fans of Crystal Palace, Garden Grille and 1900 Park Fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter