character meals

iu97alum

DIS Veteran
you guys here on this board have been great! Now I need help choosing character meals.

We are going to disney Sun -Friday (flying home on a friday). Given tat, i think we may only make three (MAYBE four character meals). We have two girls, 2 1/2 and 4 (at the time of the trip) and wonder which would be the best experience for them? I'd LOVE to get Cindy's table, but in the case I can't what would be your top recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
dana

You can see a lot of the princesses at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (breakfast) at Norway in Epcot. I always like the Crystal Palace, at the Magic Kingdom, you see Pooh, Tigger, Eyeeore and Piglet (check and make sure they are there for lunch and dinner). And to see Mickey, Doanld, Goofy and Pluto I suggest Breakfasasourus in Animal Kingdom. But I quess it all depends on what characters your girls like. LOL & have fun.

Chef Mickey's always gets high praises.
I have my DS6 going and we are doing Chef Mickey's (classic characters), Crystal Palace (Winnie the
Pooh and friends), CRT (princesses of course!) and Breafastasaurus (Donald, Mickey, Pluto and Goofy)! :thumbsup2
You didn't say when you were going, but Breafastasaurus is closing at the end of October, beginning of November. It's reopening under a different name, but I can't remember exactly when.

If the girls are Playhouse Disney fans, I'd add one more. We haven't been yet but already have our ADR for Hollywood and Vine to see JoJo and Goliath and June and Leo. My girls 2 and 5 are huge fans.
We have also booked Crystal Palace, the Princess Storybook breakfast, Chef Mickeys and CRT.

we love breakfast at Chef Mickey's it is a fun meal!!

My DD is really into the princesses, too. Cinderella is her favorite. If you cannot get into CRT, try 1900 Park Fare for dinner (you'll see Cinderella, Prince Charming, The Fairy Godmother, and the female mice or at least we did when we went in August 2006 -- all characters were dressed for a ball). The food is okay, but nothing special. The experience with Cinderella was worth it, though. The food at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast is to die for, and the characters spent a lot of time with my daughter (in October 2005, we saw Wendy, Pluto, Mad Hatter, Pooh, Tigger, and the Fairy Godmother).

Also, I second the recommendation for Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (breakfast). The breakfast was good, and we saw a lot of princess (not Cinderella, though). You even get to take your photo with a princess as you come in and you're offered a package to buy. When we were there, Belle was posing in her yellow ball gown. The princesses don't spend as much time at the table as they do at 1900 Park Fare, but they did come around a couple of times while we were there.

We've also done LTT several times with Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale, and Pluto. The food is good, and the characters make the rounds quite frequently. We book this restaurant every time we go to WDW.

We've done Hollywood & Vine for breakfast as well. It's a good buffet. The characters sing and dance periodically and come around the table frequently. We enjoyed it in May 2007, and my DD isn't really into the Playhouse Disney characters that much.

My DD had a great time during all of these character experiences and she was between the ages of 2 and 4 during the four times that we were there.

When we wanted to see Cinderella and couldn't get into CRT, we took the next best thing: 1900 Fan Fare at Dinner with Cinderella or Princess Storybook Dining with the other princesses.

During the last three WDW trips (Oct 2005, Aug 2006, and May 2007), we were unable to secure CRT (we had 2 weeks notice before we booked our trip in 2005, so no lead time for ASRs; in 2006, we were 180 days out; and in May, we had 4 weeks lead time). For our trip in December 2007 we finally were able to reserve CRT -- yippee. I called at exactly 180 days out when the phone lines opened. During the other trips, I called several times in hopes of others canceling to no avail. Don't give up, though. Book the second best choice and keep trying if you want CRT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter