Character meal at Liberty Tree Tavern Jan-Feb 2010 (Breakfast Menu added to 1st post)

I really wish they would have moved the 100 Acre Wood friends over from Crystal Palace. This is my kids first visit and I'm not sure if they will get to see Pooh and friends elsewhere. I just hope they aren't too old to love Pooh, ect when we come for our next trip.

Menu looks yummy. The only comment is I wish there was the addition of plain pancakes or waffles. Not sure if any of us will like PEACH french toast. :dunno:

I am still super excited for this ressie and getting into MK before rope drop. I'm just being picky.

My oldest is almost 11 and she still LOVES Pooh!

You can eat breakfast with Pooh & Tigger (and Alice, Mad Hatter & Mary Poppins) at 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian.

You can find Pooh & Tigger at the Pooh Playground at MK. Pooh, Tigger and sometimes Eeyore in the UK at Epcot and Pooh, Tigger & Eeyore at AK. I'm hoping to find Piglet somewhere while the CP is closed.

Ate there yesterday morning! Overall, a definite success!!! We arrived at 8:10 for our 8:10 ADR and were the first to be seated. They didn't appear to be seating ANYONE prior to that time. The restaurant was only 1/2 full. My guess is that the average Disney traveler doesn't know that this is an option for breakfast since CP is closed.

We were seated right away and sat down to eat. Food is pre-plated and brought out quickly! Fruit bowl, bread bowl with biscuits and CHOCOLATE croissants, plates of sausage, bacon, and potatoes, a bowl of eggs and a plate of that french toast all arrived quickly. I would've liked things spread out a little more. You know, like apps and entrees, but oh well. Some plates sat and got cool before we got around to digging in to them.

All the food was quite good. The potatoes were a little greasy, so as they got cool, they become less appetizing, but the bread and fruit were REALLY GOOD!!! I love Disneyworld's eggs (probably b/c they're made with tons of butter and cream) so I wrecked that bowl!! And, I usually am extremely picky about bacon; it has to be completely crispy for me, absolutely no chewy parts and this bacon was excellent! I did not try the sausage; again, I'm picky and usually only eat patty sausage. They served link.

Now, for the french toast. I only had one small piece. It's not french toast; it's peach upside down cake. Yowzers, I felt like putting a candle in it and singing Happy Birthday!! It was good, but WAY to sweet for me to eat for breakfast! I did lick the frosting off the knife, though. That stuff was great! My only "complaint" was that there was so much leftover food. I felt really bad for wasting it but there was only so much we could eat!!

Character interaction was good. Minnie, Pluto, Chip and Dale, all made it to our table at least twice. Probably b/c the restaurant was only half full! I got some great pics of DS4 with everyone!! DS4 was disappointed Mickey and Goofy weren't there but Minnie informed us that Mickey was out playing baseball and Goofy was doing a meet and greet outside the restaurant when we finished so that explains his absence! :rotfl:

Overall, I really enjoyed this breakfast! While we adore CP, I thought they did a nice job of making this one unique. Not just a "temporary" location with generic food. The menu definitely had things on it that set it apart. We enjoyed it!

Ok...I'm clueless. Wasn't paying attention when I booked this for lunch for our Feb. trip. Didn't say anything on the website about being a character meal when I booked it. So...does that mean it's $25 for lunch and is the menu fixed? I was planning on ordering off the lunch menu that was posted on WDWIG.com. Guess I better go check some more.

Thanks so much!

I booked this for lunch for Feb. 10 and was planning on just ordering off the regular lunch menu. Then I see that it is supposed to be a character meal until CP reopens?

There is nothing that mentions the price or what the menu would be for lunch on the website when I booked it.

So..would anyone know if lunch is definitely a character meal? Is it $25 a person?

Any info would be great to help me clear this up.

Thanks so much!

I booked this for lunch for Feb. 10 and was planning on just ordering off the regular lunch menu. Then I see that it is supposed to be a character meal until CP reopens?

There is nothing that mentions the price or what the menu would be for lunch on the website when I booked it.

So..would anyone know if lunch is definitely a character meal? Is it $25 a person?

Any info would be great to help me clear this up.

Thanks so much!

It is definitely the traditional Thanksgiving menu for lunch. I also believe that your pricing is about right too, it is right around $25.

Thanks Tricia!

Now I have to re-think our plans. We are doing 1900 Park Faire's Character Dinner that night. May wind up just doing a counter service for lunch instead. Hmmm......

Thanks again!

Does anyone know the hours for the different meals? I booked 10:35 which I was thinking would be a late breakfast...but CP stopped serving breakfast at 10:30. Still, 10:35 seems early to be lunch. We want breakfast. I made the ADR online and put in 10:30 as the requested time. It came back with 10:35 and 11:35 so I was thinking the earlier time was breakfast, then the break between seatings, and the later time was lunch. Anyone know? Or do I need to call? (don't like calling Dining, lol) :confused3

Thinking about make an adr for lunch here... any reviews? It sounds like most people are excited about the breakfast, but the buffet breakfests are more my style, more options?:confused3: Although having a 2 year does make it nice to have food brought right to you... But for lunch the menu sounds okay i think, so any reviews would be loved!:love: thanks!!

How is it now that it is the Character meal in lieu of Crystal Palace? I have only eaten lunch there and that was a few years ago..TIA

Ate there yesterday morning! Overall, a definite success!!! We arrived at 8:10 for our 8:10 ADR and were the first to be seated. They didn't appear to be seating ANYONE prior to that time. The restaurant was only 1/2 full. My guess is that the average Disney traveler doesn't know that this is an option for breakfast since CP is closed. ...

Thanks for this great review. Now I'm really considering keeping this ADR. I'm sure I'll decide eventually.

What fruit was in the fruit bowl? There's a good chance that's all that my DS will eat there and he's even picky about his fruit.

Thanks,
Heather

The Character Breakfast here was one of our favorite meals of our trip. We had an 8:35 ADR, and were early and seated at 8:05. The food was delish, fresh fruit in the fruit bowl ( granny smith slices, strawberries, blueberries, and pink grapefruit slices) The Biscuts and Croissants with Orange Butter were flaky and warm. The eggs were moist and fluffy, there may have been cheese in there too, as they were so moist yet not at all runny. The bacon was a tad less crisp than I like it, but I like it more burned than most. The sausage looked fine, but DH and I aren't sausage eaters so we skipped it. The potatoes were good, but not crispy like I excpect breakfast potatoes, but had a nice spicy flavor. The star of the show was the French Toast Bread Pudding with Carmalized Peach topping and Maple Butter. OMG I am drooling thinking about it right now. It was so so so good, crispy like french toast on the outside, pudding like and moist on the inside. If I had known how much I would love this I would have skipped the other food and just ate this..... and the other food was really good. Character interaction was top notch with multiple visits from all of the characters ( Chip, Dale, Minnie, and Pluto) Service was friendly and efficient. After Saana my favorite meal of the week!

We had lunch there on the 12th. The food was absolutely excellent! Character interaction was mixed, Minnie, Chip and Dale were great- Pluto was disinterested and left quickly when the kids went to hug him he started to walk away and motioned to me to get them off:confused3 Service was really terrible. Check in was disorganized, our waitress was really bad. No smiles, no nothing, barely checked on us. It was our 4th character dining experience in 10 days so maybe I was just spoiled from the excellent service and interaction from CRT, Ohana and Tusker House. The food was so good that I would still consider it for next time and hope I just got there at a bad time.

Now that LTT is taking over the Crystal Palace ressies until the refurb is over does anyoneknow what they are serving? We have lunch ressies for end of jan but was hoping they would be serving the old family style meal rather than the current lunch menu. Anyone know?
Oh and what characters are there?

I have heard from somebody, or read it somewhere, that they might bring back the characters to Liberty Tree Tavern. Did anyone else here the same??
:thanks:

characters at LLT now due to a refurb at Crystal Palace. Once the CP refurb is completed (2/15), LTT is supposed to go to being character free. There have been persistent, but unrealized rumors for the past year that LTT will have characters again.

recent diner reported for lunch:

We had warm rolls, salad predressed with strawberry vinegarette, roast beef, ham, turkey, stuffing, mashed potato, gravy, mac and cheese, fresh green beans (there were small brown bits in it - I can't remember if it was bacon or carmelized onion) and warm apple crisp with ice cream. The apple crisp was excellent. I am a diehard chocolate dessert fan, so you know it had to be good. My family ate their fill, but we found the food to be pretty salty. I've eaten at LT before and really like it, but I'm not sure if we would go back for this particular meal. Our server Kaitlynn was great. We sat in a smaller room with a fireplace off the main dining room which was quiet and relaxing.

It's on page 13 post 185.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2308824&highlight=liberty+tree+tavern&page=13

characters at LLT now due to a refurb at Crystal Palace. Once the CP refurb is completed (2/15), LTT is supposed to go to being character free. There have been persistent, but unrealized rumors for the past year that LTT will have characters again.

Those rumors got my hopes up, but I did get to book LTT for our trip in 3 weeks. I'll get to see my friends again! :cool1:

Going back in August, DDH loves the potroast. With having (2) princesses, age 10 and 8, who love characters, thought it would be nice to have the best of both worlds.:rotfl: :rotfl: Thank you for the responses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter