Character interaction question

Youneek1

Earning My Ears
We sail on the Fantasy on June 4th. I know that the character interactions are still socially distanced and no hugs have returned as of yet. Are there still no autographs taking place? Just trying to determine if I need to bring the autograph books for the kiddos or not.

As of the May 7-14 sailing there were still no autographs. Also, for the meet and greets without photographers you have to take selfies or have another guest take your photo because cast members are unable to take photos for you. Hope that helps!

We are on the same cruise. I was wondering the other day if you can still drop something off at Customer Service to get signed. We did this on our cruise 7 years ago since we can’t get autographs in person.

Attachments

• C654332C-78BF-4B7F-A7DF-57D7C04AAF5B.jpeg
    C654332C-78BF-4B7F-A7DF-57D7C04AAF5B.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 8

We are on the same cruise. I was wondering the other day if you can still drop something off at Customer Service to get signed. We did this on our cruise 7 years ago since we can’t get autographs in person.
I don’t believe that they have been offering this service for a while even pre Covid. You could still bring an autograph book and have other crew members, servers, or guests that you meet sign it for a souvenir.

As of the May 7-14 sailing there were still no autographs. Also, for the meet and greets without photographers you have to take selfies or have another guest take your photo because cast members are unable to take photos for you. Hope that helps!
Is this common now that there are meet and greets without photographers?
Last cruise was around 2016 and I had purchased the unlimited photo package as we had lots of great photos taken. Cruising this august again and I have the unlimited photo package added, I'm wondering if it will be worth it.

Is this common now that there are meet and greets without photographers?
Last cruise was around 2016 and I had purchased the unlimited photo package as we had lots of great photos taken. Cruising this august again and I have the unlimited photo package added, I'm wondering if it will be worth it.
No, most of the meet and greets have photographers but some of the pop up ones and ones in the atrium on deck 5 where characters are walking around do not have photographers. The main character meet and greets on the navigator on deck 3 and 4 in the atrium have photographers. The unlimited photo package is definitely worth it and you save money by purchasing in advance! I believe if you change your mind you could get a refund on the cruise. Now there are magic shots and they show up on the navigators as photos with a touch of magic. On our recent cruise we got over 250 photos. Let me know if you have any other questions!

No, most of the meet and greets have photographers but some of the pop up ones and ones in the atrium on deck 5 where characters are walking around do not have photographers. The main character meet and greets on the navigator on deck 3 and 4 in the atrium have photographers. The unlimited photo package is definitely worth it and you save money by purchasing in advance! I believe if you change your mind you could get a refund on the cruise. Now there are magic shots and they show up on the navigators as photos with a touch of magic. On our recent cruise we got over 250 photos. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Awesome, that's great to hear!
I'm excited.
I remember the last time we went we were looking through the folder of photo prints (I don't believe they do that anymore?) And there was no way we could decide on only 10 - 20 of them so I went with the unlimited.
So saving some money by pre purchasing it this time will be nice :D

Hi, you are correct. They don't do the books with the physical prints anymore. There are digital kiosks where you scan your key to the world and you can see all of your digital photos. Also, the way you recieve your photos is different. They no longer do a flashdrive, but you download them from the photopass website 48 hours after your cruise. You can also download them on the cruise on the dcl wifi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!