• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Greets--Strategy Guides?

rexmundi

<font color=CC99CC>Believes in Magic!
Does anyone know if there is a good thread, or, alternatively, a good book that will tell me how to get the most character autographs in the most efficient manner? Also, does anyone know the quickest and easiest way to get to see Mickey? I heard he hangs out with Minnie in the American section of WS in Epcot, and that this is the only place to get them together. Is this true?

I suppose one of the most efficient (albeit costly) ways you could "knock off" a bunch of characters at one time would be at various character dining sessions (Chef Mickey, Park Faire, etc.).

I have read on these boards that you can go to the Disney Info. desk and ask for a listing of that days characters and where they'll be.

Thanks, Daxx.
I know they are not always in the same place at the same time; but I wonder if some veterans have not figured out a schedule for some of them that you could count on for planning purposes.

We met them in front of the castle last June. There was no EE at that time, so this was right at 9am opening on a Sunday morning. We were one of the first hundred or so people down Main St. and just as we made it to the "hub", Minnie and Mickey came out to greet, autograph, and pose together. It was a wonderful experience for the whole family on our first morning of the kids' first trip!

The only other place we saw them "together" was at Chef Mickey's, but they don't actually pose together. At the MK we have pictures of the whole family with BOTH Minnie and Mickey in the shots.

Also, I would suggest being one of the first people into "Toontown". That is usually about 10am and has it's own rope drop. There are usually lots of characters out there early, and the lines are nonexistant at the "judges tent" area. We managed about 6 or more autographs/pictures in the first half hour in that area last June.

Finally, just keep your eyes peeled, as characters can appear almost anywhere at any time. Some of our best character moments happened this way (like Kermit and Miss Piggy).

We have seen them at the MK castle also last year together. First thing in the morning.

We seen them together at EPCOT but was on the bus. When they got off the bus they did not pose together.

We seen Mickey and Minnie at MGM but they where not together. Mickey was in a theater type setting and we had no wait to see him. There was no one around.

Minnie was out side in one of those silver trailers in the same area. We couldn't believe our luck there was no one there either.

Paluto was over in the next silver trailer with no one in sight. This was all in peak season July last year.

Not sure if I would consider this a strategy to getting autographs but our first two trips getting autographs is all my DD wanted to do. On the maps it has where all the character greets are just go from one to another. If there is a special one you want to get ask city hall or a cm in the park where or when you can see them. If they are suppose to be in any of the areas that day they can find out for you. The second trip we got over 75 autographs(the most ever for us)
You can see Mickey at his house, after you exit out the back door just follow the signs to him. Also there is a gift shop in toon town that has 3 seperate lines one is princesses, one is Pooh and the other is a varity.(that is what was there the last time we were there)
The covered area where 20k leagues under the sea use to be has a large character greet too. once there were Doppy, Max and other there the next time we went they had villins there. Also in toon town go all the way down to the train and take a left there is a character meet there with some characters you don't see a lot of like Gepetto, The rabbit from Alice and the like but be warned this meet is right next to a smoking area, Not the greatest place for it but you can see alot of characters there that aren't in other areas of the park (in our experiance).Each land in the parks have there own character meet area now. Some of them in Epcot are a little out of the way and hard to find (like the one for Aladin there). For the most part the ones at the character breakfasts you can also get in the parks accept for some of the princess. Best advice I can give is if you want alot of autographs consentrate on going from one meet to the other in a manner like you would touring the parks.
Hope this helps some.
Sharon

Well, if you really want to be EFFICIENT you could take your children's autograph books while they're sleeping and sign a bunch of character's names. Oh, you wanted efficient AND FUN.

Personally, I don't care a hoot about autographs -- but I do like pictures of characters!

Yeah,I don't really care about the autographs, either. I just know my kids, especially my 5yo DD will want to meet as many characters as possible. Someone said World Showcase is the best bang for the buck, having the highest number of characters per hour ratio. Anyone know if this is accurate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter