Character Dining

siestakeys04

DIS Veteran
This will be our first adult only trip. I was looking at menus of places where we would like to eat. Do you still do character meals?

Certainly do! What stops us from doing more is the cost, not anything else. We go for the food primarily, and a nice breakfast at Boma costs far less than a character meal. But I've done and enjoyed Character Meals even as a solo adult.

We did! My husband and I loved our Garden Grill breakfast with the kids, so we decided to do one just the two of us when we took an adults only trip and it was a ton of fun.

We did our very first character meal last year and loved it... 1900 Park Fare Dinner. Can't say enough great things about this.. So hilarious

Thanks guys I was looking at BOG but thinking awe maybe I shouldn't go since it's just us. I enjoy meeting characters just wasn't sure about dining.

Not so relevant at BOG anyway. The Beast meets only at dinner, and he doesn't go to your table. You would have to go to a separate room to meet him, or you can easily skip that.

My wife and I are in our 60's and we travel to WDW every year. We always dine at Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park Fare, Tusker House and Crystal Palace. It's not the food that keeps us going back but the chance to act like a kid again. Is there any other reason for people our age to go to WDW if not to recapture our youth?

We go to 2-3 character breakfasts every year and there are always tables with just adults on. The characters still stop for a photo. 1900 Park Fare would be a great one without children as the Mad Hatter is crazy and Mary Poppins a joy, not to mention the wonderful buffet. 10 months and counting until our next breakfast there.

Character meals are fun with or without children. a Our personal favorite is at the Hilton in Disney Springs. On Sundays they do really great breakfast buffet, usually have 3-5 of the Fab Five present, food is better than the "onsite" character meals, & cost is $25 per adult.

I love character dining! Cape May Cafe's character breakfast is one of my favorites!

I've found that Cape May is a great choice especially for adults only, or even solo adults. That's because, with the conventions nearby, I've noticed more adults than usual and even several solo adults. But, of course, the vast majority of guests are still families.

My boyfriend and I love character meals! Our favorites are breakfast at Tusker House and dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

I love character dining! I absolutely do it if I have the chance. :) Tusker House is probably my favorite of the ones I've tried (at least in the last 9 years or so since they quit doing LTT character dining).

We're going to Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare for dinner in May. I was wondering if they'll still stop at the table if there's no kids. Good to know they do!
I think character dining is always fun, regardless of your age. It's a little more personable.

Are tweedle dee and tweedle dum at 1900 park fare??:scared: They scare me at 45 LOL never liked them as a kid either.

I did BOG and got to dance with the Beast...so...yeah...that was awesome...

Always do one character meal per trip: last two times it's been at Garden Grille because Chip and I have a thing going. I rarely do meet-and-greets, Talking Mickey (freaked me out) and Tink are the only ones I can remember doing since I went with my Nephew about 6 years ago, but love to hang out and watch Gaston.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter