Character dining suggestions for boys

Niknak0320

Earning My Ears
We'll be staying at the Grand Floridian at the end of November. Last time we visited my daughter was 5 and we did the whole princess/castle thing...this time it's my son who will be 5 and I have no idea what is even available for boys...so here I am to ask the experts :)

My boys are 6 & 8. We have done Cape May, Ohana's and Chef Mickey. Their favorite was Ohanas. The are also very much looking forward to Si Fi during Star Wars Weekend.

My DS18 will NOT allow us to visit WDW without a visit to Teppan Edo - Japan - Epcot...

He has been to Teppan Edo and WDW 10 times ...

Teppan Edo - Asian, Knives, Fire.... GREAT FOR BOYS !!!!

NUFF Said !

DS has even gone so far as to ENJOY SHOPPING in Japan...and even bought a BOOK ! WOW !

Hugs,
Mary

My son loves Tusker House Donald breakfast, Cape May breakfast, CP, CM and Hollywood and Vine character meal.

My 4yo son's favorite by far was Chef Mickey's. He also enjoyed Ohana and Crystal Palace.

Garden Grill and the Crystal Palace went over well with our son once he was comfortable with characters. He's been asking to go back to the garden grill since we left... Chip & Dale are his favorites and not a princess in sight!

Chef Mickeys!!!

We're from New England and love some good Chowdah from Cape May!

Also trying Sci Fi and T-Rex for the 1st time!

When my boys were about 6 and 8 we did the Lilo and Stitch breakfast at Ohana. It was really great - no princesses in sight! Pluto and Mickey were there too at that time. This year with a 2 yr old, I may do Chef Mickey's since Mickey is really the only one he knows. If I discover that Mickey still goes to Lilo and Stitch, I may do that one again.

We love Donalds Breakfastasoarous in AK. Plus make an early Breakfast ressie and get in early.... The characters are usually Donald,Goofy,Mickey and Daisy.

O'hana's would be a second choice......Stitch.Lilo,Mickey and Pluto.

Enjoy!

Males are the lesser gender in WDW. Princesses everywhere but it is rare to find anything for us boys. The only character meal options really are with the gender neutral characters (the fab 5, Pooh and friends, C&D). The lack characters for the boys is my biggest issue with WDW. Robin Hood, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Villains... THROW US A BONE DISNEY!!!

My son is 9 and his favorites are 50's Prime Time, Sci Fi, 1900 Park Fare, Garden Grill and Chef Mickeys. He also really enjoyed Le Cellier last year.

'Ohana at the Polynesian has Stitch (Lilo, Pluto and Mickey, too). My DS3 loved Stitch's naughty antics. He also liked AK Safari Breakfast with Donald, Goofy etc... and Tigger at the Crystal Palace in MK with Pooh, Piglet and Eeyore. Chef Mickey's was fun, too. We didn't do this one but DS has character dining with the Little Einsteins and JoJo and Goliath.

We are going this year for my DS's 4th birthday. He chose places to eat based on places we have eaten before. His choices are Chef Mickey's, 'Ohana character breakfast, Mickeys Backyard BBQ and T-Rex and DTD.

2 sons here, 7 & 9. Their faves, in no particular order:
Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace
Cape May B-fast
Tusker House B-fast
Boma
1900 Park Fare dinner-Step-sisters are GREAT
Garden Grill

They are not fans of OHana. I know lots of people like the place, but we find that it's overrated with just basic breakfast fare. Not fans of Lilo & Stitch, so no real desire to go there. Looking forward to trying Biergarten this year.

My thoughts would be Garden Grill, Crystal Palace, and Ohana's. DS liked the characters at Chef Mickey's, but none of us (not even ds who will eat anything not nailed down) liked the food there.

At Ohana, we saw Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch), Goofy, and Pluto.

Cape May Cafe...Chip and Dale.

Chef Mickey...Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Chip and Dale (best character meal I think)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter