character breakfast

earpiemom

Mouseketeer
How do you find out which day you are to have the character breakfast. I am just assuming that somehow they assign everyone different days. Thanks!

Your CB will be the first sea day after you have dinner in AP. (Some say the first sea day you have dinner in PC but that is the same thing really.) ;) On the Western Key West is considered a sea day since you don't dock until after noon. The only cruises in question now are the DDs since they have a full day at CC planned on Sunday. We will find out that info later this month when the first DDers cruise. :)

Thank you so much for the information. Do they just give you a ticket or something telling when and where to go. Thanks!

They have the date and the time on your tickets. Your tickets are in your room. You don't have to take your tickets with you but the tickets have your table number on them which makes it easier for the staff to seat you at the right table.

Which cruises do a character breakfast? Is it all of them? I didn't know about this last fall when we went, hope I didn't miss out!

Kenika

They are not done on the 3 or 4 day cruises. There needs to be 3 sea days to schedule everyone for one.

Make sure you do not miss your assigned day, they will not let you reschedule .....or at least they would not let me.

What has been your recent experience with the character breakfast?
Two years ago we found it very rushed and they only took pictures of my youngest sone with the characters-no one else and no group shot. Now I know time is limited, but when the only interaction is a 2 second picture, what is the point.

BethA said:
Two years ago we found it very rushed and they only took pictures of my youngest sone with the characters-no one else and no group shot. Now I know time is limited, but when the only interaction is a 2 second picture, what is the point.

It was still the same way when we cruised in April. In fact we had a hard time getting separate pics of my DD and our tablemates DD during the breakfast. I also thought it was very rude the way they came around an positioned peole at the table - the kids must sit here etc. Lucily we liked our tablemates a lot.

It seems the whole thing is set up to sell pictures in my opinion--sorry to hear it hasn't improved.

lbgraves said:
They are not done on the 3 or 4 day cruises. There needs to be 3 sea days to schedule everyone for one.

We had a Character b'fast our first morning on the ship on our 3 day. It was in Parrott Cay. Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale and Capt. Hook were all there. DD then 4 had a ball and the dining room was not the crowded...it wasn't "advertised" but CM said it was a regular event.

There use to be photographers with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, & Pluto. In December they were only with Mickey & Minnie. We were disappointed.

BethA said:

That's too bad. We never felt rushed, actually, this, and the final morning were the only breakfasts we ate in the dining room. Actually, I was more interested in breakfast than the characters, as were my teenaged kids. It was kind of annoying having a parade of characters coming by as your eggs got cold. We got a ton of photos that we HAD to have though, so Shutters made a lot on us off that breakfast.

MB MinnieGirl said:
We had a Character b'fast our first morning on the ship on our 3 day. It was in Parrott Cay. Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale and Capt. Hook were all there. DD then 4 had a ball and the dining room was not the crowded...it wasn't "advertised" but CM said it was a regular event.

We had similar (not the same "guest" list) on our four day. Its listed as a character meet and greet in Parrot Cay, but it just so happens to be over the breakfast hour. Not crowded at all - but we were docked at Nassau and I'm sure a lot of people were off seeing sites and not paying attention to Chip and Dale being in Parrot Cay. Also, being the first morning of the cruise, I don't think people had quite caught on to how to find things....

And I Thought The Food Was Not Good At All.
Cold

Before we sailed I worried about getting the CB on our Palo brunch day. Next time I my plan it that way -- get dressed one morning instead of 2 :rotfl2:

Sounds like a let down. We did a character breakfast in Disney Land last summer and it was great. Tons of characters (like in the 12-15 range) and Goofy got all the kids doing a dance number by the buffet.

DD 6 was totally into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter