Character breakfast to see Donald Duck - Tusker or Cape May

jen42002

DIS Veteran
For those of you that have eaten at both, which one is the best in terms of character interaction, ease of getting to/from the buffet, and food quality?

Thanks!

Looks like Donald is the one we missed also!!

Been trying to book Tusker house to no avail........

So I booked CMC as I keep reading about them here on the DIS.......

I went to AllEars and BOTH have high ratings.....

Tusker House Breakfast = 8.1 with 89% recomending

Cape May Breakfast = 8.7 with 95% recomending

So I think it is a wash..........

We really enjoyed the food at Tusker, but they characters were a little rushed. They are also dressed in safari gear to go with the AK themeing...Now, at Cape May, the characters are dressed in their beach gear and the interaction was good when we went...But I like the food at Tusker better!

Like the PP mentioned, it's probably a wash. LOL! I think that you'll be happy with whichever option you choose, really.

Have fun! :goodvibes

I agree with Neesie. Food is better at Tusker but the character interaction is better at Cape May. The food at Cape May is good but it's just the standard breakfast items whereas Tusker has a larger variety, including some non-traditional items so it feels more like a brunch.

Cape May servers were more friendly, the restaurant was a lot quieter and both Donald and Goofy really spent a lot of time at each table. Minnie was moving through quicker but still not as quick as the characters at Tusker did.

We just did Cape May in May and enjoyed the food. Character interaction was also good. We were there first thing in the morning, so the food was real fresh.

We've done Tusker house 2 times, both between 8:30 & 9:00. The character interaction was fabulous, Mickey, Daisy, Goofy and "The Donald" stayed a good amount of time at each table, dancing and taking pictures. It's the best character breakfast at WDW, we've done them all. It's also very close to the Kilemanjaro Safari, easy to get Fast Pass while having breakfast. We did Kahli Rapids right after that, big mistake!

The buffet is wonderfully fresh, with typical breakfast foods along with some African ones as well. We've enjoyed it both times. P.S. The kids loved it too!

We love breakfast at Cape May. It doesn't feel busy and it seems as though we get as much time with the characters as we need; it doesn't feel rushed. The atmosphere is very bright. The food is VERY traditional N. American breakfast food but there are plenty of options. I love my lox. Note that after breakfast you still need to head over to a park.

Tusker House felt much darker. The characters felt much more rushed and the tables felt much closer together with more difficulty getting between the tables to go back to the buffet. The parade through the restaurant was fun, but it gets VERY loud. In general the place feels pretty noisy and busy. The juice is delicious (some kind of papaya blend?). The food is wonderful with many options that you won't find elsewhere. There are traditional breakfast foods but not nearly as many options of these (GREAT variety overall though). If you get an ADR before the park opens then you can be one of the first into the parks and head straight over to the Safari before the lines start. You can also get some pictures without a whole bunch of strangers walking in the background.

It really does depend on your personal preferences as to which you'll prefer. We prefer a nice relaxing meal with great character interactions without too much noise so Cape May is our preference. We're not fans of any of the DHS restaurants so we tend to go to Cape May on a day that we plan to be at DHS.

We went to Cape May Cafe for breakfast in March 2008. We saw Minnie, Goofy and Chip. If other characters were there, we didn't see them.

I know this was more than a year ago, and things change. But if seeing Donald is important to you, then you probably want to make sure that he's normally at the restaurant you are choosing.

(You may already have thought of that.)

Think we'll go with Tusker House. Thanks everyone for all the comments. It really helped me decide between the two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter