character autograph questions

ScrapperKimmyD

I'm all a-twitter!
We met Koda and Kanai last time we were there, but they didn't give autographs. I've heard that they DO at WDW, but these guys didn't. They said their paws were too big or claws too long or something like that.

What other characters are there that can't/don't sign? Can Sully sign?

I've read others indicating that certain characters couldn't sign (including Tinkerbell, Pluto, and even Capt. Jack Sparrow), but we got autographs from all of them (though we did not encounter the ones you mention, and the Tink autograph took a little creative helping from CMs.)

If you have your heart set on a particular autograph, I would ask the CM assistant with the character. I've heard that they may be able to take your book 'backstage' for an autograph if you're willing to wait. I don't know if they can always do this, or for any character that can't sign, but I figure it's worth a shot if it's for a character you really want. Doesn't hurt to ask!

I thought I'd heard also that a non-signing character had a stamp, and I was actually expecting that's how Pluto would sign, would stamp a little pawprint or something, but he actually wrote his name! It would be really nice if non-signing characters were given some way (ie. a stamp) to place a memento in an autograph book.

I haven't experienced any non signing characters at DL. At WDW, King Louie couldn't sign, but he doesn't wander around at DL. I've heard that Sully can't sign, but we have yet to find him out for pictures so I can't confirm.

Sully cannot sign the book - paws are also too large. We really wanted his autograph, but were told that it was impossible. We also had the same trouble with Koda and Kenai at the Brother Bear trail, but both signed the book at Storyteller's breakfast.

The ones you met on the trail must have been the same ones we met at the cafe - that's where we were, but they didn't sign.

The characters that we have found that can't sign autographs are,
Mary Poppins Penquin as well as Cinderella's Mice, and of course Sully.

I was thinking there was a couple more I will have to go through my photos. I know that just after the Incredibles came out none of them would sign but we could get pictures with them. Hopefully that changed.

We were in WDW in January and the characters that didn't sign were King Louie and Goliath (from Jojo's Circus). We did get autographs from Koda and Kenai and Pluto- he even drew a paw. It surprises me that there would be inconsistencies.

Mr. & Mrs. Incredible did sign for us in March. Mr. I had to still his beating heart when he saw he was about to sign next to Mrs. I's autograph!

We got Mr Incredible as well as Mary Poppins. The 1st time we saw Mary Poppins though she REFUSED to sign, forcing my daughter to color and explaining that getting signatures is too stressful. We were starving, and cursed her for the next year. Fortunately she redeemed herself last trip - we saw her by Dumbo and she signed our book, but her penguin did not.

ScrapperKimmyD said:
Mr. & Mrs. Incredible did sign for us in March. Mr. I had to still his beating heart when he saw he was about to sign next to Mrs. I's autograph!
How interesting! We saw Mr. & Mrs. Incredible together, and only she signed on behalf of them both. She wrote "Mr. & Mrs." then drew a cartoon Mr. I! It was cute.

I just returned and we got a stamp from Mr and Mrs Incredible. We also got stamps when we saw Figment and Buzz. Not sure why these guys can't write a name. :confused3
Along with Sully, Mike doesn't sign either. Of course, neither does Mater and Lightning.

ETA: Sorry, this is for WDW.

I wonder why it differs? Sometimes a stamp, sometimes an actual signature, sometimes their assistant/handler says "Sorry, no autographs"? :confused3

heres a funny story i heard about Character signing...

My friend's sister walks up to Beast and wanted a signature... she gets one from Beast but she comes back suprised... Mom asked "whats wrong honey?" the little sister was like "Its scary, Beast was signing the book without even looking at the book when he signed it!"

hahahaha, tis funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter