Chapek's Pay Doubles

This is a bit if a sensationalist title the LA times "Disney CEO Bob Chapek’s pay doubles to $32.5 million as cash bonuses return to the Mouse House" is more accurate. He got a bonus which executive did not get during the previous year, granted its a $14 million bonus. His salary did increase from $1.8 to $2.5 million. He also received about $4 million more in stock this year then he did last year.

But they are hurting for kitchen workers. They could offer them $100k per year to grill steaks and get 140 for that money. Plus if you honestly think any one person who doesn’t act or play a sport is worth $14 million in value added over average replacement, you need to meet more people.

It’s ridiculous. He charged for things that used to be free, increased prices and cut services. Any MBA with half a brain could do that but he’s not some genius who deserves 32 mil for it. If he had accomplished some brilliant merger, launched a popular new product, or some other innovation I could maybe see it. Instead he put the squeeze on middle class guests in the middle of a pandemic while not offering attractive enough pay to keep the parks adequately staffed, and all to line his own pockets. Bob Cheapek indeed.

It’s ridiculous. He charged for things that used to be free, increased prices and cut services. Any MBA with half a brain could do that but he’s not some genius who deserves 32 mil for it. If he had accomplished some brilliant merger, launched a popular new product, or some other innovation I could maybe see it. Instead he put the squeeze on middle class guests in the middle of a pandemic while not offering attractive enough pay to keep the parks adequately staffed, and all to line his own pockets. Bob Cheapek indeed.

There is such a simple way to solve this issue also... stop walking through the gates. There are so many people upset (and vocal) yet still have trips booked.

Definitely a crappy CEO.

Trying to increase revenue and shrink expense.

It shows you how incompetent the board is. But in reality most boards are just a get rich quick scheme and have nothing to do with company success.

Pride in corporate America these days generally comes from making money, not Innovation

You vote against Chapek, but not against the sitting board? You know they are almost certainly allied with him, and if they wanted him out, a sitting CEO who oversaw a 20 percent reduction in stock price could be ousted by a board easily enough.

Word on the street is that Chapek has aligned heavily with Susan Arnold and is acting as his hatchet man (hence the approved bonuses and pay increases).

There is such a simple way to solve this issue also... stop walking through the gates. There are so many people upset (and vocal) yet still have trips booked.

I am. We have a one-week trip to Universal booked this year instead. When customers flee to the nearest competitor the board might sit up and take notice. I do have Galactic Starcruiser booked for later this Summer, but I'll likely cancel. It's so much money and it looks like they went the cheap route on it too from the few promo videos that were shown and then quickly yanked from YT. I want it to succeed because it would be an actual innovation in leisure travel if it could prove that there is a market for something of a Star Wars/Westworld type of experience. But I don't think it will, and sadly the lesson Disney will take from it is that the concept is a failure, and not that giving it a low budget for execution sabotaged the possibility of success.

Last edited:
Well, for those that do not Chapek, vote him out. All it will take is purchasing just 1 share of Disney stock and your voice will be heard. I made mine heard today.

View attachment 642013
It is one vote per share owned. Also please note that all who do not vote, it is automatically counted as a vote in line with the Board recommendation. Most people are passive with their voting responsibilities, so it will be highly unlikely that he is ousted from this vote, but it could certainly put him or anyone on notice for this year, and hopefully yield results.

It is one vote per share owned. Also please note that all who do not vote, it is automatically counted as a vote in line with the Board recommendation. Most people are passive with their voting responsibilities, so it will be highly unlikely that he is ousted from this vote, but it could certainly put him or anyone on notice for this year, and hopefully yield results.
I wish it was one vote per share lol. It's one vote per owner of the stock.

You vote against Chapek, but not against the sitting board? You know they are almost certainly allied with him, and if they wanted him out, a sitting CEO who oversaw a 20 percent reduction in stock price could be ousted by a board easily enough.

Word on the street is that Chapek has aligned heavily with Susan Arnold and is acting as his hatchet man (hence the approved bonuses and pay increases).
I really do not know what each board member has done or not done so I just left them as what was recommended.

I am. We have a one-week trip to Universal booked this year instead. When customers flee to the nearest competitor the board might sit up and take notice. I do have Galactic Starcruiser booked for later this Summer, but I'll likely cancel. It's so much money and it looks like they went the cheap route on it too from the few promo videos that were shown and then quickly yanked from YT. I want it to succeed because it would be an actual innovation in leisure travel if it could prove that there is a market for something of a Star Wars/Westworld type of experience. But I don't think it will, and sadly the lesson Disney will take from it is that the concept is a failure, and not that giving it a low budget for execution sabotaged the possibility of success.
Westworld! Now that's something I could really get into!

I wish it was one vote per share lol. It's one vote per owner of the stock.
Well then I have good news for you as your wish came true. One vote per share is the normal procedure in America. That is why you have to disclose if you own a high percentage of a company. The good news is that you do not need to vote multiple times, it will show on the top of your ProxyVote, how many shares and thus how many votes you will be registering. This is not like a government election where we are all equal because we all have but one life. In stocks, some people will have more invested, and thus get a vote per share. One thing I will say is that for this current vote, you cannot buy more shares, because you needed to have these shares on record as on January 10th, 2022. I hope that helps.

Ya my wife and I have looked into Universal. We have never been before. The HP stuff looks really neat. I think in the past we always thought "oh look WDW!!! It's SO CLOSE!!!" so we skipped it. And ya I pretty much noped out of the GS idea when I saw the drywall ceiling with canned lighting in the video.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter