Changing Hotel Plans?

Princess Nancy 5

Earning My Ears
Hello! We are going to be staying at the Saratoga Springs in October - we already have it booked. I read some place else, that sometimes rooms at DVC sites "open up" as it gets closer to a date. Is it possible to change our reservations? We have the insurance - will it effect that?

Any tips for saratoga springs - we will have 5 adults and 2 kids (5 & 4) should we rent a car?

thanks!

Are you booked cash or points?

Rooms for DVC only become available for cash later within 60 days of check-in, via breakage for the timeshare. For October, this is unlikely. October tends to run 100% for DVC.

The rooms Disney owns to book for cash (or have via point exchange) are already out there to book. More won't come through.

On points, it is all about waitlists. If you're an owner at Saratoga, you will want to learn wboutnwaitlisting. If you are on rented points, waitlist isn't an option.

I wouldn't expect anything to open up at DVC resorts for points stays in October - because of the Food & Wine festival, it's one of the most popular months for members to visit. Pretty much everything in the Epcot area will be gone once the 7 month window opens next month.

I am a DVC owner (SSR is one of my home resorts) so I don't know everything about packages but I think if something else comes available you can change resorts - there might be a cutoff time for this but it would be closer to Oct. As others have stated Oct is a high occupancy time for the DVC resorts so I don't know if anything will come available but there is always the chance. So my advice is keep checking if you want to change resorts - for what it's worth - we love SSR, it's our 2nd favorite resort behind the Boardwalk Villas.

As far as renting a car - you don't need one, but this is a personal preference and you will get many different thoughts on this one. I live in Florida so drive to Disney but I park my car at the resort and it stays there for the trip while I use Disney transportation. The only time we don't use Disney transportation is traveling from resort to resort for dinner - we usually take a cab since we will be drinking. You can take Disney transportation for this but it takes longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter