Changing at Lille does not exist if you are on the Direct Train!!

Janetlow

Mouseketeer
Just thought I would re-iterate this point after travelling last week and after hearing from cap 'n' jack who also travelled 'indirect' but was told to stay on the train and informed me before we travelled - Thanks. If you have purchased or been given an indirect route which requires a change at Lille and you have boarded the direct 9.28 or 10.28 train from London or Ashford, you do not have to change at Lille. We were informed by the eurostar check-in desk to remain on the train and in our seats for the entire journey. Apparently these seats should not be sold as the train in a direct service:confused3.

I just thought i would raise the point again as I remember some other travellers who were getting worried about the impending change at lille with children, luggage etc.:scared1:

Although I am not complaining, but it would appear something is not right with the booking system as we would were also allocated seats on the tgv train from lille to marne le vallee and these have gone unused, seems a waste of seats:confused3

Glad they told you the same as me :goodvibes I was dreading you coming back having been kicked off the train or something :lmao:

The guy at check in even told me that Travel Agents aren't allowed to sell them anymore despite the fact I bought them direct from Eurostar :confused3

I guess it's a good way of saving a few pennies though as the direct train was an extra £60 when I travelled.

Glad they told you the same as me :goodvibes I was dreading you coming back having been kicked off the train or something :lmao:

The guy at check in even told me that Travel Agents aren't allowed to sell them anymore despite the fact I bought them direct from Eurostar :confused3

I guess it's a good way of saving a few pennies though as the direct train was an extra £60 when I travelled.

That's a thought :rolleyes1 I will definately book indirect for our next trip via eurostar direct if the savings are that much. Mind you they may change the policy by then and I will get kicked off the train :lmao:

Yes. I too have just come back and booked the indirect Eurostar,which for me was a good bit cheaper than the direct service :yay:. The man told us to stay on the train when he checked the ticket :cheer2:- the train did briefly stop at Lille, but nobody got on.

We also had the indirect service coming back, and obviously as the Eurostar was the 2nd leg of the journey, we had to get a train at Marne La Valle and change, but it was really straightforward, even with children and luggage - so if anyone is concerned - don't be!! :)

Also I would say you don't need to be at Marne La Vallee until 20 mins or so before your train (they don't put platform number up on board until 10-15 mins before) as the passport control is done at Lille (and again this is really straightforward).

Yes. I too have just come back and booked the indirect Eurostar,which for me was a good bit cheaper than the direct service :yay:. The man told us to stay on the train when he checked the ticket :cheer2:- the train did briefly stop at Lille, but nobody got on.

We also had the indirect service coming back, and obviously as the Eurostar was the 2nd leg of the journey, we had to get a train at Marne La Valle and change, but it was really straightforward, even with children and luggage - so if anyone is concerned - don't be!! :)

Also I would say you don't need to be at Marne La Vallee until 20 mins or so before your train (they don't put platform number up on board until 10-15 mins before) as the passport control is done at Lille (and again this is really straightforward).

Thanks for that, it good too know it is straightforward to change with children, think I will definately book outbound via indirect as the savings will pay for a meal at dlrp:rotfl:

booked my tickets directly with eurostar last week and they gave me indirect trains in both directions. Relieved to hear the change over doesn't cause too much hassle! Hoping that on the journey over we'll be told to stay on the train but our train is around midday, 12:57 i think...so is that just wishful thinking on my part? is it just the earlier trains that actually do go direct?

was a whole lot cheaper booking indirect though, saved nearly 80 pound so can't complain too much!!!:)

Even Disney are calling the direct train indirect, as I said in an earlier thread. I was told it was a Disney computer glitch and they assured me we were booked on the direct train. But it looks like Eurostar are doing it as well.

vivienne

Hoping that on the journey over we'll be told to stay on the train but our train is around midday, 12:57 i think...so is that just wishful thinking on my part? is it just the earlier trains that actually do go direct?

I think there is only 1 direct train a day which leaves St Pancras at 9.53am and Ashford at 10.28am.

Oh ok, thanks for the info.

and I suppose the change of trains might be a bit of excitement or at least break up the journey a bit, and I think our second train is a double decker!so that should be a bit of fun!

and I suppose the change of trains might be a bit of excitement or at least break up the journey a bit, and I think our second train is a double decker!so that should be a bit of fun!

We are going from Ebbsfleet and change at Lille. I think our train is a double decker as well as my ticket says lower deck.

booked my tickets directly with eurostar last week and they gave me indirect trains in both directions. Relieved to hear the change over doesn't cause too much hassle! Hoping that on the journey over we'll be told to stay on the train but our train is around midday, 12:57 i think...so is that just wishful thinking on my part? is it just the earlier trains that actually do go direct?

was a whole lot cheaper booking indirect though, saved nearly 80 pound so can't complain too much!!!:)

I got that train in March and its indirect. You do have to change and get off at Lille but its simple enough and we only had 30 minute wait so wasnt to bad. Our train from Lille was only half double decker and our seats werent on that part of the train. It is weird sitting in a double decker as we did this from Nice to Paris and had some amazing views.

Think we're on the upper deck if I remember rightly so hopefully as you mentioned torres fan we'll get some nice views of the french countryside!

at least now I know it's definitely indirect and it's not much hassle!

xoxo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter