Changes to "Pirate & Pal"?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by tinkerhon, Jul 14, 2018.

1. tinkerhon

tinkerhon DIS Veteran

Loved this dessert party for a few years now, ever since we read the KTP review - went tonight, and for the first time, there was only 1 boat (and one "Captain Patch") - missed the banter between the two - on a slightly smaller note (and change)

Looks like the cakes have been replaced by chocolate chip cookies and mini-cupcakes ( and a key lime cheesecake mini tart) - they all tasted like they came from straight out of the box - no flavor at all -

Does anyone know if the single boat is now a permanent thing ? We still enjoyed it - my ds7 got to be the flag bearer - but not sure if I would book again if this change is permanent ?

Thanks all !

2. ArielSRL

ArielSRL DIS Veteran

I don’t know the answer but I’ll be interested to follow because we are considering this one or the Ferrytale Fireworks cruise for next June.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. lorilclevelandrn

lorilclevelandrn Mouseketeer

We had 2 boats in November.

5. kpd6901

kpd6901 Mouseketeer

Perhaps based on bookings for that day? If there's not enough for two boats, then there's not enough. I have no clue, just a thought. My parents are taking my DS9 on Thanksgiving night.

6. mmouse50

mmouse50 DIS Veteran

We had 2 boats at the end of June - I don’t recall any banner though but the other boat left the party area first and I was sort of at the back of my group

7. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

That's a bummer. When we did it, the eats were pretty decent.

tinkerhon likes this.
  8. tinkerhon

tinkerhon DIS Veteran

Yea, and no cotton candy lol

9. stsomewhere

stsomewhere DIS Veteran

i was thinking about booking this. Could you see the projections on the castle for HEA?

10. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

No

11. Disneyland_emily

Disneyland_emily DIS Veteran

It depends on how popular that night is is what determines 1 or 2 boat nights..

tinkerhon likes this.