Change sure does add up!!

lisatx04

Mouseketeer
First, let me say I am always up for a good bargain. I have never posted on this board, although I have read it frquently.
Also, I don't ever have garage sales. Ever. We are leaving for Disney on Friday and are driving. Gas prices being so high had me worried, but now that they are dropping, I feel a lot better. (drive an SUV).

In November, our community planned a community garage sale. We had lots of stuff, so I figured I would participate. I was hoping to make $100 or so. Well, $600 later the sale ended!!!

Today, I went to cash in my change jar and DH change jar. $105.06 in DH; $105.04 for mine!

I am so excited!! This is all "extra" that we did not plan on having when we booked the trip. That will cover gas both ways plus a whole lot more!!

Just wanted to share with someone who knew what I was so excited for!!

Good for you! Doesn't it feel great to have that cash money for gas and extras!!

We usually try to have 1 or 2 garages sales a year and save all of our pocket change. Last year that money alone covered our airfare for the whole family to fly to disney. Garage sales are worth a little work to get that cash for disney! :)

That's great!

I am planning a mega garage sale in the spring, I practically have every outfit my daughter has ever owned.

Then, I found out there is a mom2mom sale coming in our area, so I guess I'm gonna put it off until then.

By the time I have the thing, I hope to make enough money to furnish my "office", which is what I want the room to be, right now it's just a storage area.

Woohoo!
That is wonderful!!
And how funny is it that yours and Dh's change jars were so close in amounts?!
We saved our change for our Disney trip too. It was so nice to have all of our tip money and spending money already saved up:)

It sure does add up! I have started to save all of my change in a jar. Every 6 months I cash it in for extra vacation money. This last time it was over $300. It sure is nice to have a little extra that you were not planning on!

getting ready to count our change jar this weekend i cant wait untill we find out how much we saved for our wdw trip next week

Thats great!! Ive been putting off doing a garage sale, but I think I may really do it now. Thats fantastic:thumbsup2

Good for you! :thumbsup2 We were in Disney over the fourth of July this last summer, and were hoping to go back in 2010. We have already started a change jar. I hope we do as well as you all have!!:goodvibes

Congratulations - and I am glad to hear someone is going to Disney!!! We were there almost a year ago, and hoping to be back sometime at the end of 2009! Last year we cashed out a change jar that had been collecting for 10 years...over $800!! It was so exciting - definitely no need for any more change!!

We have a Mickey Mouse bank tht we call the DISNEY FUND!! DD, DS, DH and I are all really good about putting in all of our change. Each time we fill it up, we get about $100 and we manage to fill it up at least twice a year.
We also save all of our money from recycling, garage sales and bonuses!

Yes I have change jar. It paid for my whole trip WDW. I am sale paper to a place and they give cash money for the paper that I put in my change jar. I sale cans to and put the money I get from that in the change jar to.

I am hope enough to go on vacation this year. So far the vacation plans is Orlando, Florida to US to.

I am trying to put together a free trip from my rewards programs.

So far US tickets from my cokerewards.
Mypoints for the Marriott Check
Saleing paper is pay for gas
Saleing cans is pay for some of the hotel room to.
Mypoints is restaurant gift cards

It certainly does. The coin jar is how I financed all my Christmas shopping this year. DH and I had a big coin jar full of coins, so I went to the coinstar machine with them before Thanksgiving and got Amazon gift cards for the change (so that I wouldn't have to pay the ridiculous coin counting charge) and I had $530!!!!! I did all my shopping on Amazon (with free shipping for all of it).

That's awesome!!:thumbsup2
We have used the coin jar for our spending money for our last couple of trips.

Awesme news! WTG!

My very dear friend (we're 36) always saves change (whatever is left over from a dollar bill usually)...and at the end of the year cashes it in to mostly buy Christmas...she always has at least $500...and one time surprised herself (thank you quarters!) and had just over $900!

You give me hope too..I have been savin' my change!

GOOD FOR YOU and YOUR FAMILY!
Donna in NC :)

I do the change jar too - thanx mostly to these boards. We are planning a 09 summer trip and we cashed in change that we've been saving for about 2 years and purchsed 4 tickets to Universal. We are now saving again and hoping to have some nice spending money!

I've been on this board for about 3 years now and if only i was on it for 10 - how much more $ would i have saved, how many more bargains etc etc etc!

enjoy your trip!

come back and post from time to time.......

Lisa

We have been using our change jar for about 16 mos. we cashed it in last week and had almost $1200 in there - it's fun money for the three boys!!

I love my change jar - we also have a dollar bill box - but that's another story!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!