Change of resort not showing on MDE

GirlDreamer

DIS Veteran
Has anyone here changed resorts? If so, how long did it take to show in MDE? And did you get an email to confirm the change and the new price? I just changed from Caribbean Beach to POFQ over the phone, but MDE hasn't changed yet. I know I might just be impatient, but I'd hate for it to not have gone through and miss out. POFQ wasn't available when we first booked, so I'm not sure if it got available now because they've released more rooms or if it's because someone has cancelled. If it's the latter, I'm worried someone else might get the booking we were supposed to have.

My booking from 10 days ago still isn’t showing up so I don’t think MDE is particularly on the ball at the minute... I did get my confirmation email straight away though.

I'm hoping it's just slow to update. And the emails can sometimes be slow to send. I've made payments towards the holiday several times, and although I usually get the email with new invoice straight away, it's been times when I don't get it until the next day. It's just that it only showed availability for river view rooms, which makes me think that it was only available because someone made a cancellation that made all of our dates available. If that's the case, and something went wrong when the woman I spoke to did the change, then it could quite easily disappear again (it's still showing as available on the website).

Out of interest, how can you change your hotel booking? I'm currently booked into a value resort but thinking of upgrading to a moderate - is it done through the holiday provider or do I need to contact Disney directly? Will there be a huge leap in price? Sorry for all the questions!

I just phoned Disney UK and changed it as I booked directly with them to begin with, but if you've booked through a TA you'll have to change it through them. The price will depend what's available when you're going and what is available then. You only have to pay the difference, and if you booked through a TA it depends if they charge fees to change the booking I think. Disney only charge you if you change to a cheaper hotel.

Thanks for your help - I spoke to Virgin and they quoted me an extortionate amount to upgrade to a moderate resort, so gave it a miss.

I have, however, extended our stay for a couple of nights so we can experience 4th July in the parks, which was surprisingly very cheap!

I always book through an American TA therefore no amendment charges. I changed resort three times for our last Christmas holiday as resort/dates came available!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter