Change of plans, Disneys Vero Beach It is.

Nickylv

DIS Veteran
We planned a trip to Disney World mid June. This is unusual for us since we know how hot and muggy it is in Orlando in June. We booked at Saratoga Springs Resort but on the waitlist for another property. So as my wife and I spoke about how hot and uncomfortable it was going to be….it hit us…. Why not go to the Disneys Vero Beach Resort, spend our time on the beach and then back up to one of the Disney World resorts for the last day so we can be close to the Airport and enjoy one day at a park before we head back to Las Vegas. You might be saying to yourself Las Vegas is way hotter than Orlando and since we have been in the 100’s since the beginning of May, There is no or very little humidity. You don’t sweat no matter how hot it is. It’s like living in a blow dryer on high heat.
Well back to Vero Beach resort, we changed our plans and now we will be staying on the beach Now it’s time for me to ask those who have been there or live there for some advice for really good and fresh seafood restaurants. We are not a fan of chain restaurants, love a restaurant that gets their catch straight from the fishing boats that day.
I just came back from Point Pleasant, New Jersey last week to visit my mom and brother. My wife had to work so I went by myself. For two weeks I ate at seafood restaurants where the boats pulled right up to the dock and delivered their catch. Sending picture after picture of my seafood dishes, boardwalk and ocean views back to my jealous wife.
I am, (and my wife only because I do the cooking)are pescatarian’s and only eat wild caught fish, no meat, beef, chicken or pork ever. So when I go to a beach town it’s so great to open a menu and say “I can eat almost everything on this”. Versus opening a menu and are limited to one or two choices. One always being Salmon which is probably my least favorite fish.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. When we get back I will let you know how the trip went.

Last edited:

We planned a trip to Disney World mid June. This is not usual for us since we know how hot and muggy it is in Orlando in June. We booked at Saratoga Springs Resort but on the waitlist for another property. So as my wife and I spoke about how hot and uncomfortable it was going to be….it hit us…. Why not go to the Disneys Vero Beach Resort, spend our time on the beach and then back up to one of the Disney World resorts for the last day so we can be close to the Airport and enjoy one day at a park before we head back to Las Vegas. You might be saying to yourself Las Vegas is way hotter than Orlando and since we have been in the 100’s since the beginning of May, There is no or very little humidity. You don’t sweat no matter how hot it is. It’s like living in a blow dryer on high heat.
Well back to Vero Beach resort, we changed our plans and now we will be staying on the beach Now it’s time for me to ask those who have been there or live there for some advice for really good and fresh seafood restaurants. We are not a fan of chain restaurants, love a restaurant that gets their catch straight from the fishing boats that day.
I just came back from Point Pleasant, New Jersey last week to visit my mom and brother. My wife had to work so I went by myself. For two weeks I ate at seafood restaurants where the boats pulled right up to the dock and delivered their catch. Sending picture after picture of my seafood dishes, boardwalk and ocean views back to my jealous wife.
I am, (and my wife only because I do the cooking)are pescatarian’s and only eat wild caught fish, no meat, beef, chicken or pork ever. So when I go to a beach town it’s so great to open a menu and say “I can eat almost everything on this”. Versus opening a menu and are limited to one or two choices. One always being Salmon which is probably my least favorite fish.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. When we get back I will let you know how the trip went.
Squid lips in Sebastian has fresh off the boat seafood. About 10 miles away.

Our wait list for an ocean view at the Disney Vero Beach resort just came through and my wife is dancing all around the house. The other day we changed our reservation for the last few days of our trip from Saratoga Springs Resort to lagoon view at VGF so we are ready to have a blast, leaving in 8 days…. Plus we saved over $100 on our car rental by checking every day between the Costco site and the Southwest Airline site. So far the Southwest has the best price.

Last edited:

Nice!!!!

Enjoy the view!!! Did not want to leave the room. Felt like we were on one of our cruises :).

Have a great time and safe travels!

Our wait list for an ocean view at the Disney Vero Beach resort just came through and my wife is dancing all around the house. The other day we changed our reservation for the last few days of our trip from Saratoga Springs Resort to lagoon view at VGF so we are ready to have a blast, leaving in 8 days…. Plus we saved over $100 on our car rental by checking every day between the Costco site and the Southwest Airline site. So far the Southwest has the best price.
Keep on eye on your flights ... Southwest as others, are struggling a bit on the Summer schedule.
Excited for you and hope you enjoy the stay!

just got back from NJ last week visiting family and when I arrived at Phillidelphia Airport my flight was on time. I went to go eat and when I got back to the gate it was canceled. They rebooked my flight 2 hours later with stop overs that weren’t even on the way to Las Vegas making this trip 24 hours long. My wife was not with me so when I called her to tell her what happened she immediately went to work to rebook my flight and put me on a different flight alltogether and I ended up getting home about 1 hour later than my original flight. The attendant at the desk was able to get my luggage on my new flight and believe it or not, (first time ever) my luggage came out first. The airlines are making these delays and cancellations so commonplace that you almost expect it every time you fly. Somethings gotta give.

Glad it all worked out for you.

We have not flown in a few years. Flying in October - hopefully with no issues.

We planned a trip to Disney World mid June. This is unusual for us since we know how hot and muggy it is in Orlando in June. We booked at Saratoga Springs Resort but on the waitlist for another property. So as my wife and I spoke about how hot and uncomfortable it was going to be….it hit us…. Why not go to the Disneys Vero Beach Resort, spend our time on the beach and then back up to one of the Disney World resorts for the last day so we can be close to the Airport and enjoy one day at a park before we head back to Las Vegas. You might be saying to yourself Las Vegas is way hotter than Orlando and since we have been in the 100’s since the beginning of May, There is no or very little humidity. You don’t sweat no matter how hot it is. It’s like living in a blow dryer on high heat.

I just got back from VB and just did a quick trip report. Check it out.

My sister lives in Point Pleasant and I grew up over the bridge in Belmar & Manasquan. Sounds like you had a great visit to the Jersey Shore.
I live in northern Monmouth County in Colts Neck. Point Pleasant is such a fun town and love the Boardwalk.

Have a great time at VB.😎👍🏻✨💫

Thank you. I am originally from Jackson and my wife is from Somerspoint and Ocean City. We have lived in Henderson for the past 25 years, which is a town within Las Vegas NV. No snow or cold weather. We frequent the Ocean either the east or west coast. Its in our blood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts