Change in annual Christmas bonuses at Disneyland Paris

drwadadli

T-I-double "guh"-errrr
I know there isn't a board for discussions about other Disney parks around the world (except for Disneyland Resort) so I didn't know where else to ask this question.

I heard that Disney cut the annual Christmas bonus for cast members at Disneyland Paris from 500 Euros to 250 Euros. I didn't see a reason why so I was wondering if anyone here may know why that happened. I understand that Disneyland Paris is finally making a profile after Disney bought it a year or two ago so why the decrease in bonus?

Thank you in advance for the answer.

Actually there is a specific Disneyland Paris board here (https://www.disboards.com/forums/disneyland-paris-trip-planning-community-board.77/) but I don't think there are any current cast members posting on there, just park visitors, with a large proportion from the UK, so you might not get anyone who can shed any light on this change.
I did see that board but like you mentioned, I figured it was more for park visitors from the U.K. since it was located under the U.K. area.

I did see that board but like you mentioned, I figured it was more for park visitors from the U.K. since it was located under the U.K. area.
That's the thing (and I have mentioned this before to the admins on here, but nothing was done), quite a lot of people do call that part of the boards "the UK section", even though it's not, because of all the British flag avatars.

It didn't used to be like that - there used to be either a French flag or an Eiffel Tower (can't remember which) icon for the DLP board, a maple leaf Mickey head for the Canadian board and a globe icon for the other World parks. But when we went to the new boards, all those icons got replaced by UK ones. I think that if the people in charge put it back that way, then it would encourage more non-Brits to contribute to those parts of the forums.

But that's a whole different conversation for another time!

15.000 employees x 250 euro is 3.75 million euro. Though I am sure there will be plenty of higher managers who will get their full bonus and more at Christmas, but it will still be a good sum of money.

There is a major extension happening in the Studios, the money has to come from somewhere. And 1 good year doesn't make up yet for all the bad years.

The majority of the cast member is French, they have their own boards in their language. You could try ED92s website and Social channels. With Google translate you might find some things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!