Change from hallow to Xmas decorations?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by shooting4life, May 17, 2018 at 4:18 PM.

1. shooting4life

shooting4life Earning My Ears

Roughly when does Disneyland take down Halloween decorations and put up Christmas?
    Thanks

2. pharmama

pharmama DIS Veteran

Quickly. Halloween usually starts coming down right away after the 31st. Christmas season and decorations are usually in full swing by the weekend around Veterans Day.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. shooting4life

Is the only thing closed during the change over HM?

5. pharmama

pharmama DIS Veteran

Actually HM will be open. They change it over to the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay before Halloweentime starts and it stays that way until January since the overlay "works" for both holidays.

IASW, however, will be closed for the holiday overlay during this time. Space Mountain will also have a brief closure (I think just 1 day?) to remove the Ghost Galaxy overlay as well. I don't think they did the Jingle Cruise overlay at DL this past year (though they did at WDW) but if they do it this year it might be down for a couple of days as well.

Those are the usual holiday overlay related closures. I can't speak to other maintenance or refurb related closures during this time...

6. shooting4life

Ok. Thanks for your help. If I do a week long trip the week of 11/5 I should be able to catch everything at some point then sans maintenance closures.

7. Malcon10t

Malcon10t DIS Veteran

Exception is It's a Small World. The overlay for it opens the Friday of the Holiday season (we are guessing Nov 9)

8. shooting4life

Any idea how long guardians of the galaxy and RSR will be down?

9. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

Guardians will have no downtime before or after. The most downtime before will be the loss of one of the three towers for programming. I haven’t heard anything about racers being involved for Halloween at this point. Luigi’s and maters change overnight and will incur no downtime.

10. Malcon10t

Malcon10t DIS Veteran

Actually, Guardians is down from 3p-5p at night during halloween to change it over. So, it will be back as normal on Nov 1.

11. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

That was only at the very beginning. Towards the end the standby for daytime would close at 3:45 and they would start the standby for nighttime at 4pm with the ride reopening around 5. But I think that poster was asking about full day closure.