change 2 day PH to three 1 park per day, release tickets from package, best strategy?

DisneyRunner2009

DIS Veteran
Here is the scenario. Thinking of changing the tickets, assigned to a package, from two day PH to three one day tickets. We have a room only one day prior to our FD package. The day the package starts, we plan to go to EPCOT. Would it be possible to use the PH ticket to get into EPCOT then go to guests services, inside the park, and change it to the three day ticket? No hopping would have occurred. Or is it possible to get the tickets released on the room only day and change the tickets then. My concern is loosing the FD, because I'm not within the parameters of the package promotion, if I pick up the tickets a day early. It's an upgrade in ticket price, so I think Disney should be OK with that. Anybody have experience with this? I don't want to screw anything up or waste time at guest services outside the park on the first park day. I have experience with upgrading to AP, but not this, going from PH to one park per day.

Here is the scenario. Thinking of changing the tickets, assigned to a package, from two day PH to three one day tickets. We have a room only one day prior to our FD package. The day the package starts, we plan to go to EPCOT. Would it be possible to use the PH ticket to get into EPCOT then go to guests services, inside the park, and change it to the three day ticket? No hopping would have occurred. Or is it possible to get the tickets released on the room only day and change the tickets then. My concern is loosing the FD, because I'm not within the parameters of the package promotion, if I pick up the tickets a day early. It's an upgrade in ticket price, so I think Disney should be OK with that. Anybody have experience with this? I don't want to screw anything up or waste time at guest services outside the park on the first park day. I have experience with upgrading to AP, but not this, going from PH to one park per day.

I know you can get your tickets activated early, so why not do that and then go to guest services either at Disney Springs or outside one of the parks, and just ask? If they say you'll have to wait until you use it, you won't have lost anything. I'm 98% sure you WILL be able to upgrade it after you enter EP on your first day.

This is from @Robo’s Ticket Sticky:
The basic rule for the cost of upgrading a ticket is to
subtract the cost of the ticket that you HAVE from the cost of the ticket that you WANT.
That difference in cost is how much the upgrade will cost (plus 6.5% tax on that difference amount.)
There aren’t any restrictions applied to upgrading unused multi-day tickets to a higher-priced multi-day ticket.

I had 6 day hopper and changed it into 7 day base ticket, as I wanted an extra day. I did this about 90 days before trip, if that matters, and had a 15% off Package room plus tickets deal. Don't know if that helps, hope so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter