Chances of getting King and Double Connecting Rooms at Pop?

Autumnslight

DIS Veteran
I might want to change my reservation at POR to two rooms at Pop Century, but we'd really need a King (for DH & I) connecting to a double (for DS & DD). I know it can't be guaranteed, as it would only be a "request". But does anyone know how many of these rooms are at Pop, and what the chances are of being able to get them? Would my chances be better if I booked a standard or a preferred room? Any other tips for getting the request fulfilled? Thanks!

When are you going? I'd think that would make a difference. If you leave the rest of your options open in terms of location, view, and floor you'll have a better chance!

touring plans is in the process of doing a room map/view pics of each resort and it looks like POP will be done by the end of next week. I was able to see the location and # of all the king room for ASsport so its likely you will get to see the same for POP. good luck!

If you "need" that set up, then I would not risk switching. What would you do if you can't get it? I would book exactly what would fit your needs and not chance it.

I think you need to decide which you NEED more: the king room or the connecting rooms. You may only be able to get one or the other. Have your order of preference on your reservation so if you can't get both, at least you can get one. The more requests you make, the more unlikely it is that you will get them all.

I actually called in, and the cast member was able to check the available rooms for my dates. There were NO king/double connecting rooms available! That could change between now and then, but good thing I didn't chance it.

All's well that ends well though! I called back again a little later, and this time I was able to get a bunk bed room at Animal Kingdom Lodge (they were all previously unavailable!), for virtually the same price. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!