chances of booking a trip over Thanksgiving or would be have better luck for March

alirwalsh4

Mouseketeer
We just purchased 160 points at AKV and I am tyring to plan our first vacation!!! Do you think there will be any chance of getting a booking over the Thanksgiving week or are we better to wait until March? Could March be booked too by now? Just looking for some thoughts. Thanks

Last week I was able to book a SSR 1 Bdr for Nov 23 - 28. Of course that is the day after Thanksgiving, but why not?

Call your guide and see if they can get you Thanksgiving week. Otherwise, go with March.

I'd go with March either way. Crowds are lighter.

Actually, starting the day after Thanksgiving, DVC told me the crouds are very light & it was easy to book. The plus is that all the Christmas stuff is in full swing then includung MVMCP & the Osborne Family Light show. If your choices are November or March I would go for the late November because of the neat things going on for the holiday season. March may be spring break kids.

Oh yeah, you may not be able to get AKV, but what the heck you probably will get another resort. I would go for it now. AKV will be built up in the future & easier to get at at a later date. After all the most important thing here is the Disney stuff, not the resort!!!

Actually, starting the day after Thanksgiving, DVC told me the crouds are very light & it was easy to book. The plus is that all the Christmas stuff is in full swing then includung MVMCP & the Osborne Family Light show. If your choices are November or March I would go for the late November because of the neat things going on for the holiday season. March may be spring break kids.
I don't think your guide has recently tried to book that time at 7 months - it's not all that easy to book. Lots of DVC members have discovered the wonderful bargain that the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas represents.

It's true that the crowds are relatively light and that there are many holiday decorations, activities and events to enjoy, but IMHO, it is a lot easier to book spring break at 7 months than it is late November or December.

I think the person you spoke with about crowds being light the day after Thanksgiving was not well informed. I don't know about the ease of booking, but I can tell you that having been to WDW many times over Thanksgiving it is crowded.

I forgot to mention that I did book last week in SSR in a 1 BDR at SSR & There was plenty of invetory available beginning the day after Thanksgiving, Nov 23. I am going Nov 23-28. I was also able to get all my ADR in the restaurants we wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter