Chance of Galaxy's Edge preview in early August?

Violet Parr

DIS Veteran
We got lucky when New Fantasyland opened years ago. It was a few weeks before the official opening, and we were pulled aside and asked to hop in for a preview. We got to do the whole thing with no waits that morning.

We've made plans to visit Hollywood Studios just a few weeks before GE opens, but our trip is a short one and we wonder if maybe our time would be better spent at diff park.

Any guesses as to whether or not a preview is possible at that time? Or are they only offering previews to VIPs, credit card holders, etc?

Based upon the processes in DL, I doubt they will do any public previews before SWGE opens. In California they focused on castmembers for testing the rides and such along with massive controls to avoid any leaks. The only hope is that because the two locations are so similar, they may be able to allow outside people in, but they would have to get way ahead in construction. There may be activity at that time but it would be the initial stages of operations taking over the land and training the castmembers.

Looking at the CM blockout calendar, surely they are at least leaving open the possibility of previews or soft openings for the last 2 weeks of August. Every form of CM admittance, including self admittance is blocked out every day starting August 18 through the entirety of September. It doesn't make much sense to have it blocked out if nothing is going on those days.

I'll wait and see if I get an invite for this and can successfully book it. Then I'll plan a trip around it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter