Chance if getting pin if I book now????

chefmb

DIS Veteran
We're planning a trip next June. Pretty sure of the dates, unless something changes with too many snow days to extend my school year (I teach), or something with kids college schedules (internships???). My question is this...If I book now, using just the AAA rate (which I'm pretty sure I can get now), will my chances of getting a PIN code for next June be affected? I'm hoping to get some kind of better discount than AAA, but I'm afraid if I'm already booked, I'll get booted out of the system for PIN codes. Any thoughts on this???

It's truly a gamble. On the other hand booking a room only may trigger a promo offer being sent to upgrade to a package. Who knows what triggers what for the PIN Code Gods to send to whom. :lmao:

We're planning a trip next June. Pretty sure of the dates, unless something changes with too many snow days to extend my school year (I teach), or something with kids college schedules (internships???). My question is this...If I book now, using just the AAA rate (which I'm pretty sure I can get now), will my chances of getting a PIN code for next June be affected? I'm hoping to get some kind of better discount than AAA, but I'm afraid if I'm already booked, I'll get booted out of the system for PIN codes. Any thoughts on this???

I booked with AAA for my last trip. What a nightmare. I got the regular 10% or whatever it was and then Disney came out with promos for the time period I was going. I called Disney to see if I could get the promo applied to my existing reservation and they would not even talk to me..only my AAA agent. It was difficult to get in touch with the agent..always with another client, away for lunch, her day off etc...

Once I did get in touch with the agent, the promo code for my resort was no longer available. I had to change resorts. Since I was now using a Disney promo code, my AAA discount did not apply, and I might as well have booked directly with Disney.

One last thing to mention, I was going with 11 people, 3 rooms. One of the people in my party got a pincode from Disney about 4 months before our trip (which was booked about a year in advance). I dont think it will lower your chances to book early..its apparently luck of the draw!

Thanks for your thoughts. FYI, I would book directly with Disney. I guess I like being in control! I have found that I do better if I piece together the components myself. I already have our tickets--got those from Undercover Tourist before the price increase. In the past, I always have done better just buying the tickets and booking the room separately.

I'll probably book in late fall, and hope for a good discount to come out later!!

I booked room only AAA last trip, and still received an email pin. Unfortunately, it would have saved me $1.63 :lmao: over AAA.

I have a AAA now for my Jan/Feb trip. I booked that in Oct. 2008, then applied the AAA when they came out the beginning of this month. My main reason for booking so early was we are doing a blow out graduation trip / last time we'll get to travel so long trip before college & "real life", so I wanted to make sure I could get a two week stretch in one place. Right now we homeschool & I'm self employed at home, so 2 weeks off is doable, we'll just have to do double duty the week before and the week after to compensate time off.

I'm hoping a nice 40% will come my way, but if not, I'm happy with what I have now....I'm going to disney for two whole weeks :banana:

I also book my AAA directly with Disney over the phone...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter