CG Brunch vs Boma Dinner Buffet

disneydreamer781

Just a little bit of pixie dust...
I want to do at least one of these and I was wondering which one is preferred? From what I've seen of the menus, with the exception of sushi, they both look really good but I can only do one. We have a Sunday free from FP so I'm looking to do either a CG Brunch or an early dinner at Boma. I just wanted to get some feedback on the meals themselves. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I haven't done either yet but have both booked for my upcoming trip. To me it isn't really a fair comparison. If I had to choose it would be CG brunch easily. The sushi and appetizer buffet look amazing and then nice unlimited entrees and mimosas. Boma breakfast looks amazing as well but just not in the same class IMO.

If I were going for breakfast/brunch, I'd definitely go with Boma. For one thing, I don't like sushi or mimosas. But the real reason is that for less money, I LOVE Boma's breakfast.

If I were going for breakfast/brunch, I'd definitely go with Boma. For one thing, I don't like sushi or mimosas. But the real reason is that for less money, I LOVE Boma's breakfast.

Yeah it would depend on the person and their needs of course. I love Boma and this coming trip will be my first time having breakfast there. I am doing the CG as a special meal for the trip. We were looking at going there for sushi and dinner one night anyway so for someone that was going to spend $25 trying there sushi anyway, it adds more value to the experience.

We did both of them on our last trip if you want to read my reviews:

May 2017 Dining Trip Report

I would say they're hard to compare though because they're so different. It would depend if you want something for a special occasion or just a really good breakfast before a park day. We loved both, but CG brunch isn't something I'd compare to the other breakfast buffets on property.

We did CG Brunch for a special occasion, it's definitely a lot of money for meal, but it's an interesting restaurant, you can come back for the fireworks later (though I think that vantage point made more sense for Wishes than HEA because of the projections), you can order multiple entrees (which made me feel a bit better about the price), and theres an appetizer buffet/dessert plate. We also don't like sushi and I still feel like there was enough other food that we got value out of it, if you like sushi though it might feel even more worth it. I would also do this when you don't have anything planned for the early day (and I think it's only available on Sunday) because you'll want to take your time.

Boma is my favorite breakfast buffet on property but it isn't anything fancy or "extra", and it is a bit out of the way if you aren't staying at AKL. However they do have amazing bread pudding, make your own omelets, and tons of other great food, along with a much lower price tag.

That was another thing I was considering, I don't do sushi and although I like Mimosas I can no longer drink OJ, so am I getting the best value out of the brunch. I was leaning towards the Boma dinner but the breakfast is also something to consider. I can do either a breakfast or a later meal but I can only choose one because I have a day left without a TS meal. I wouldn't do both in a day. :thanks:

I haven't done either yet but have both booked for my upcoming trip. To me it isn't really a fair comparison. If I had to choose it would be CG brunch easily. The sushi and appetizer buffet look amazing and then nice unlimited entrees and mimosas. Boma breakfast looks amazing as well but just not in the same class IMO.

I'm not looking at it as a comparison but more of what people thought of the meals. We have a Sunday free of a TS meal and I was trying to find out what people liked the most. I've never done either and would like to do at least one of them this trip. It's an all Epcot day with evening EMH and with no FP I can always flip my plans around so I can do an earlier CG brunch or an early dinner at Boma so I was just trying to get some feedback on each restaurant. I don't do sushi so that's a con for me.

We did both of them on our last trip if you want to read my reviews:

May 2017 Dining Trip Report

I would say they're hard to compare though because they're so different. It would depend if you want something for a special occasion or just a really good breakfast before a park day. We loved both, but CG brunch isn't something I'd compare to the other breakfast buffets on property.

We did CG Brunch for a special occasion, it's definitely a lot of money for meal, but it's an interesting restaurant, you can come back for the fireworks later (though I think that vantage point made more sense for Wishes than HEA because of the projections), you can order multiple entrees (which made me feel a bit better about the price), and theres an appetizer buffet/dessert plate. We also don't like sushi and I still feel like there was enough other food that we got value out of it, if you like sushi though it might feel even more worth it. I would also do this when you don't anything planned for the early day (and I think it's only available on Sunday) because you'll want to take your time.

Boma is my favorite breakfast buffet on property but it isn't anything fancy or "extra", and it is a bit out of the way if you aren't staying at AKL. However they do have amazing bread pudding, make your own omelets, and tons of other great food, along with a much lower price tag.

I've done both several times and completely agree with this post. They are both good meals, so it's hard to go wrong. You say this is an EP day so why not just eat there? There's a ton of great places. AKL is pretty far out of the way if you are going to EP unless you are staying there. Otherwise, I don't think I would make the trek. Don't let the fact that you don't eat sushi steer you away from CG. There's still a ton of other things to eat, you won't leave hungry, I can assure you that!

We tried CA Grill brunch in January 2017. It was fabulous!! So very relaxing with the view and live music. Our server, Mo, was the best! We are not sushi fans, but there was plenty to choose from on the buffet. Entrees were delicious! Eggs benedict with lobster was my fav and we shared the blueberry pancakes which were also wonderful. We are planning to do the brunch again on our next trip.

Been to Boma twice, first time really enjoyed it, last time was a letdown. Seems that the quality has decreased, everything was super salty, and there was hair in our soup - twice. That really grossed me out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter