Center Parcs Sherwood Forrest

orlandothebeagle

Gotta love the beagles.
Any body been recently, we used to go years ago,not been for ages, any tips or advice?? Good places to eat,walks,dome times etc,spa treatment/

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup2

We visited Sherwood Forest last November and it's as beautiful as ever.

The villa's have been refurbed and are now very comfy. We stayed in a comfort plus villa and it was spacious enough for 6 adults and 2 dogs for a 5 day break. We all really enjoyed it.

There's new slides within the tropical paradise, including a family raft ride, which was good fun and quite fast. There's plenty of places within the swimming area too relax as there always was too.

We enjoyed the Jadin de Sports and spent quite a few evenings in there playing pool, snooker and in the arcades. It was still quite pricey in here, but if you go expecting things to be a little more expensive than normal, then you'll be fine.

We ate at Hucks (the American-style diner) and was impressed with the food, the portions where HUGE! We also tried Rajinda Pradesh, the Indian, and like this too. The only thing I thought was extortianate was the Lagoon Bar within the swimming area, for simple chips and a burger it was over £5.00 each! I'd avoid that one!

Now, the Aqua Sana...WOW! We loved it! We did the evening 3 hour session spa world (I think it was £26 each) as a group and everyone said they would go again. There's many different saunas/steam rooms, all with different things which appeal to different senses. And the sensory showers (different strenghts/smells) where lovely, the mint one was devine!

Alongside the Aqua Sana, my Mum & I booked some separate treatments. I had the Belgian Chocolate Body Wrap and this was AMAZING! I was body brushed, coated in melted chocolate, wrapped in a large plastic sheet and then sunk into a lovely warm water bed and left to relax for 30 minutes. I then showered and was given a lovely massage & moisturised. Would do this again in an instant! I also had my nails done and they were nice too.

Anything else I can help you with just ask! :thumbsup2

I think the dome times are varied depending on the time of the year. In November I think they were 10am until 10pm.

Thanks so much.

What was the parc market like? we were thinking we would take shopping, now after reading your post, we might eat out a bit rather than taking lots of stuff, it is just the 2 of us and the 2 dogs and you are not meant to leave them in the villa alone, we have crates for them so they and the villa would be safe, ?? what do you think?

Did you order the delivery service for food?
Do you check in now from the car rather than a building after you park the car up.

Thanks so much.

What was the parc market like? we were thinking we would take shopping, now after reading your post, we might eat out a bit rather than taking lots of stuff, it is just the 2 of us and the 2 dogs and you are not meant to leave them in the villa alone, we have crates for them so they and the villa would be safe, ?? what do you think?

Did you order the delivery service for food?
Do you check in now from the car rather than a building after you park the car up.

The parc market was fine, food was a little bit more expensive than at the usual supermarkets, but for the simple items, like bread, milk etc, then it wasn't bad at all.

We took some shopping with us, so we'd be able to have a snack during the day, so that made it a little cheaper, because we only ate out on the evenings really. One thing I will say, take some extra washing up liquid, they only leave a small sachet in the villa, which isn't enough :)

I don't believe house-keeping come to villas with dogs in, so I think your two dogs in their crates would be fine. We have two King Charles and we just took along their blankets and closed the villa curtains when we went out and they never caused any problems. None that we were told about anyway. We only shut the curtains as to distract them from the wildlife.

We didn't order the delivery service, but one of my work colleagues went shortly after us and I think they ordered the chinese to be delivered and they said it was spot-on :thumbsup2 I don't know about prices on this one though.

Check-in now is done through your car window, they have a booth which you drive up too and just give in your details. You can actually pre-check in on-line now before you leave, so this makes it even easier at the booth. They basically just ask for your surname and then hand over your info pack and villa keys and away you go to find a parking space - very efficient!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter