Cell Carrier & Reception at DL

Raidermouse

Raising 2 Princesses
I would like to know what cell phone carriers people have and the reception they get at DL and if you notice any trouble spots..If you want to take the time please include model of phone please.Thank you.;)

We had NO problem whenever we used our phones, both inside and outside of a building (stores, no experiences on the rides!)

We use Sprint and have a couple different models of phones...2 motorolas (not sure which models) and a samsung UpStage.

The only part that was bad was hearing your phone ring...I couldn't except when we were inside a store and my phone was turned all the way up.

I have had no problems with Cellphone service at Disneyland.
I have Verizon LG EnV, most of my family has verizon. We had no trouble at all.
My nephew has T-Mobile sidekick slide, he did not have any trouble either.

We have tmobile and I don't remember having any problems on our trip last year.

Hi.

The only place I noticed a problem in service was in Soarin'. No bars at all (0 reception).

We have Verizon, not sure on the exact model of phone but it has "LG" on the front.

I kept my phone in my pocket the whole time on vibrate. I know I wouldn't hear the rings- too noisy!

We used our cell phones frequently while in the parks to keep in touch if we seperated.

We haven't had any problems with reception in the parks either. We have Verizon LG somethings (not sure the exact model). My DH always keeps his on vibrate because hearing them is next to impossible most of the time.

I have AT&T and had no problems, I was even shocked when my phone started ringing in the Haunted Mansion. I have the Cingular 8125.

Verizon, I recently got a new phone (the Juke) and ever since I've had no issues. I keep my phone in my bag or in my pocket and it's on vibrate since there's no way I would ever hear my ringtone. :) I do experience battery drain sometimes but I just charge it up and we are good to go. I've never lost all my charge but I've gone from full battery to 1 bar in one day at DL. No clue why but it happened with my old phone and it's happened to DBF too, we just make sure we have our chargers no matter what.

I *do* have problems. I have ATT and if I'm outside I don't hear my phone when it does work, or it just doesn't have reception.

I'm not sure Ive successfully gotten a call or message at the time that the call or message is made; I just see notification later that there was one. And I'm at no bars almost every time I look at the ding dang phone.

We have Verizon, and the only problem I remember with reception was in the queue for Indiana Jones. Dh and I call or text each other, as we often each take a kid and do what that one wants to do. But no bars=no texts received inside the queue. But, that was a couple of years ago, and we have new phones now, so we'll see next month how the reception is!

We have Nextel/Sprint and have never had a problem. I have even called people on:
HM
IJATTOD
SM
Mr.Toad
And I can receive calls no problem
Hope that helps.

I have Verizon and last December I was talking with my little sister when I had a flume on Splash Mountain all to myself twice in a row without having to even exit the flume.

We have Verizon and had a few problems with reception (only while inside buildings - rides) We had 0 reception while in line for Soarin', Star Tours, and Indiana Jones. Never any problems in the stores though.

I know I used my Treo with Verizon in tomorrow land right near nemo and in line for the matterhorn. I know I used the txt feature all over the park with no problems but I don't remember specific locations.

I have TMobile and the only place I have problems is in the center of New Orleans Square, Near pirates Handicap entrance and Blue Bayau. Once I move over the bridge by Pirates its all ok again.

Verizon has no problem in the park, i know Cingular and Tmobile has a few spots with no service like in Pirates, i recall Tmobile not recieving services...

We use AT&T and we have a treo, iphone, nokia, and razor. We use them to keep in touch in the parks all the time-especially text messaging. There's usually only "no service" inside buildings on certain rides, but if you just text message, it will go thru once they come out of the ride. My kids are trained to check their phones when they're off on their own! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter