Celebs you have seen at DVC resorts?

Not at DVC, but at the Gran Destino club level in October 2022: Josh D'Amaro, Bob Chapek, Christine McCarthy, and other Disney execs.

My wife gave me quite a bit of grief for recognizing them on sight (I didn't even see Josh D'Amaro's face clearly, just the back of his head, as I stepped off the elevator).

It took every ounce of restraint I had not to stand near Christine McCarthy's table and say loudly that I wanted another dessert, but that it would be "good for my waistline" if I reduced my portion sizes.

I will say: the club level staff LOVE Josh D'Amaro. He was friendly, took selfies, shook hands -- one woman said she wouldn't ever wash her hands again, after shaking his.

(Conversely, they were, um, not enthused about Bob Chapek. I mean, they were polite. But nobody was excited to see him, and pretty openly so.)
Wow, just before Christine blew the whole thing up...at least for Bob 2.0!

I saw Paula Abdul in Epcot. It was at type drop and we were all sorta huddled together. I think most people were too focused on the RD to really notice.

Susan Lucci back when they had soap star weekend.
Snooky (not sure if I spelled her name correctly) from Jersey Shore two years in a row at BWV.

We should crowd source the script right here and right now!! It would be spectacular!
I think I could write it.
Imagine when he is asked for an 18% tip on a $500 meal.
One scene would have him getting on a bus at OKW and a scooter either loading or unloading at every stop.
Then there’s a scene when he goes to the counter for some food, only to be told he has to order on a mobile app but the app crashes and he can’t get wifi.
His room not ready until ‘After 4pm?’ A long diatribe and argument with front desk as to how this could mean 1 minute to midnight.
When he finally gets to his room, his magic band won’t open his door.
Queing for rides, and they keep letting Lightning Lane through and he hardly moves.
He went to WDW to ride Splash, and finds it all boarded up, due to a political retheme.
Then we move onto the evening. Just as he is about to watch fireworks, a large person squashes him against railings, a child goes on shoulders, then an umbrella goes up.
Finally the monorail or Skyliner breaks down (he’s moved from OKW in a split stay in this period, and has found out they won’t empty his fridge and move it any more so he’s walked around the park with a cooler all day).
I think I have the show.

I saw Mr. Morrow at Boardwalk! He was filming with all the gear and the lighting you would expect. I felt like a complete dork at that point for recognizing a YouTube celebrity and pretended I did not recognize him. He's the only influencer I've seen in the wild.

I saw Mr. Morrow at Boardwalk! He was filming with all the gear and the lighting you would expect. I felt like a complete dork at that point for recognizing a YouTube celebrity and pretended I did not recognize him. He's the only influencer I've seen in the wild.
I saw Mr. Morrow at the America pavilion in epcot! I couldn’t help but stop him to say hi and tell him how much I love his videos. I was sweating like I was talking to a real celebrity LOL. He was such a nice guy, just as friendly as he seems in his video, love him!

I think I could write it.
Imagine when he is asked for an 18% tip on a $500 meal.
One scene would have him getting on a bus at OKW and a scooter either loading or unloading at every stop.
Then there’s a scene when he goes to the counter for some food, only to be told he has to order on a mobile app but the app crashes and he can’t get wifi.
His room not ready until ‘After 4pm?’ A long diatribe and argument with front desk as to how this could mean 1 minute to midnight.
When he finally gets to his room, his magic band won’t open his door.
Queing for rides, and they keep letting Lightning Lane through and he hardly moves.
He went to WDW to ride Splash, and finds it all boarded up, due to a political retheme.
Then we move onto the evening. Just as he is about to watch fireworks, a large person squashes him against railings, a child goes on shoulders, then an umbrella goes up.
Finally the monorail or Skyliner breaks down (he’s moved from OKW in a split stay in this period, and has found out they won’t empty his fridge and move it any more so he’s walked around the park with a cooler all day).
I think I have the show.

Perfect!! I had not thought about him on a Disney bus - him and a Disney bus driver - comedy gold.

Agreed, for years I lived in the same town as Paul Newman and everyone followed the etiquette to leave him alone and let him live his life in peace when he was out and about. Although once I did have to work hard to calm down my mother-in-law’s excitement when he came into a restaurant where we were eating.
It isn't Paul Newman, but living in St. Paul Minnesota I've eaten in the same restaurant with Garrison Keillor probably half a dozen times in my life. I have NEVER seen anyone approach him. And Jessica Lange used to shop at the same grocery store - never saw anyone approach her either. Its funny because you can watch people sort of do the whole "yep, that's who I think it is" glace over and over again, but we are Midwesterners - you wouldn't invade someone's privacy that way.

Billy Ocean - friendly, smiling taking pictures with a guest or two outside in front of BCV lobby (I was coming back from my morning walk) and I also asked if it was okay to take a picture with him, he had his arm around me, hugged and kissed me/if he put on an act, he was great at it. He seemed really genuine. Had the biggest smile the whole time.
on the "musicians at YC/BC" front - kenny G walked into the BC solarium the night of hurricane nicole (where tons of people were hunkering down with whatever resort activities were offered) asking for directions to yachtsman. don't blame him, that place is a maze, especially when you don't want to set foot outside.

i was later told that the acts performing at epcot often stay at the suites in YC so these sightings aren't uncommon.

Not at the resort but Celine Dion and family sat next to us at the Christmas party parade. At Beach Club we rode the elevator with Jane Seymour.

We saw Mick Foley (WWE wrestler) at Saratoga Springs. He was wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt and him and his 2 sons were in the recreation room. I used to be a big WWE fan, but I couldn't get up the courage to ask for a picture. If you didn't know who he was, you would have no idea he was "somewhat" famous.

We saw Mick Foley (WWE wrestler) at Saratoga Springs. He was wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt and him and his 2 sons were in the recreation room. I used to be a big WWE fan, but I couldn't get up the courage to ask for a picture. If you didn't know who he was, you would have no idea he was "somewhat" famous.
You should have done an elbow drop or given one of his sons a DDT.

Talked to Adam Sandler at AKL Jambo gift shop. He was with his family and Jonathan Loughran. He and Jonathan were at the counter and my daughter snapped a picture of them. They must have seen her doing it and made faces. It was such a Sandler thing to do. We didn’t want to draw attention to him though since he was there with his family, so we quietly said hi. He was pretty nice in person though.

Attachments

• 793D52A6-17CD-4F05-BA6F-9117FF279E28.jpeg
    793D52A6-17CD-4F05-BA6F-9117FF279E28.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 44
We were staying at Saratoga Springs many years ago when we saw Nick Lachey checking into the resort and being whisked off by cast members and away from nosey eyes! 🤣👀 I can’t remember the exact year but it was after the divorce from Jessica Simpson. During that trip, I saw him working out at the health club there (but I left him alone). The cast members at the spa were all whispering about him and trying to catch a glimpse, lol!

Don't know that you'd call him an actual celebrity, but Geir Ness, the man that created the Laila fragrance at the Norway pavailion was dining in Oilivia's at OKW when we stayed there several years ago.

Also, not real celebrities, but Weird Al Yankovic's Aunt and Cousin stayed with us at OKW years ago. Al's grandma and my grandma were best friends, so we've known the family for 3 generations. And Herve Villechaize (tattoo from Fantasy Island) was on our Boat to Downtown Disney...back when we had the comfortable boats with padded seats, so also years ago, as he passed away in 1993.

Don't know that you'd call him an actual celebrity, but Geir Ness, the man that created the Laila fragrance at the Norway pavailion
We met him at the Norway pavilion. He was there promoting his fragrances. Seemed like a really nice person.

Saw that Stacey Lady that did the top 10 a few years ago on the BW - she was filming someting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter