Celebrity Resorts

happily single

Left foot first!
Has anyone stayed at Celebrity Resorts? The trip reports on Trip Advisor are very fixed. Half of hte people loved it and the other half made it sound absolutely horrible. Anyone here ever go? Photos would also be much appreciated!

i'd like to know also....we'll be staying there mar 22-29 for my nephews' springbreak hopefully its not as bad as the trip advisor says it is...if anyone knows please let me me too

We stayed at Celebrity Resort Orlando on Ponciana off 192. There are 2 properties, one on each side of Ponciana, and we got the older of the 2. The units were not refurbed as the website says- the furniture and decorating were right out of the 80's. We were in a 2 bedroom lockoff- it was OK, but nothing I'd consider great or fancy at all. The master bath was a bit strange- the shower was inside the big Jacuzzi tub, so we had to awkwardly climb up into the tub- and there was no shower curtain or door at all! I felt really weird, just standing there right in the middle of the tub with nothing around me- especially when DH needed to get in the bath to brush his teeth, etc. Very odd, IMO.

There were tiny ants in the kitchen (we called mgmt, and they came to spray, but the ants kept showing up all week whenever we had food out). We didn't try out the pool or any of the amenities- the restaurant looked more like a convenience store, so we didn't try it.

Overall, we think the resort was worth what we paid- nothing (got the week free from the ILs)- but if we had paid rack rates, we would have been very disappointed. The whole place just looked run down, with big contractor Dumpsters in the parking lot, overgrown landscaping, and exteriors that were in need of a new paint job. FWIW, the nicer, more updated units across the street near the mgmt office looked a lot better.

There were a few pros, though- it was a fast and easy commute to the parks each day, the beds were comfortable, and the parking lot was practically empty, so we got a spot right in front of our unit each night.

Have stayed at both the Celebrity LBV (Palm Pkwy) and the Celebrity on the left side of Poinciana. I am one of those middle-of-the-road posters on TA. I knew it was a no frills timeshare places (big rooms, minimal amenities) so I gave it an average review.

My review was average because I knew what to expect, and because we paid less than $80/night for a big place that holds 5-6 people. Sorry I do not have pictures, but it is very much the "clean-n-cheap" motel style (say an old Days Inn, Motel 6) place. Blah beds, 80s "Florida" plastic/bright tacky decor. It is a timeshare so no daily service. For a cheap bed, shower and a locking door it is fine should you be in the parks all day. If you want more I'd look elsewhere. FWIW.

We own at Celebrity Resort LBV (Palm Parkway) and all the units have been refurbished within the last couple of years. Amenities are limited, pool, tennis, hot tub, game room. This is a very small resort (only 60 three bedroom units), that is very convenient to everything. When we stay there , we usually don't spend alot of time on the resort as we are usually quite busy, but the pool is clean and the units are always clean and we never have any maintenance issues.

As far as the other Celebrity Resorts, I cannot say too much as we have never been to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter