Celebration of Harry potter special special food or merchandise?

MDH

The Dude
Hi everyone. We'll be going on a huge disney/universal trip this january and as luck would have it, our 3 days at Universal are the Saturday, sunday, monday of the celebration of Harry Potter festival :) We've never been to Universal before, so everything will be new to us, but saying that, do they offer unique items, either food or merchandise, that can only be found during this special time of year? I have 3 kids all of whom are absolute harry potter nuts and they have been saving for a year and a half so that in there words "we can be loaded for harry potter world!" and unique items would really be cool for them. Thanks!

The only thing I know of is that a few years ago they debuted the hot butterbeer during Celebration.

That's supposed to be available as part of the new HP Holiday offerings.

Yes. But it debuted at 2014 Celebration.

And then came back and has continued, at least seasonally. We had it last December.

And that, the debut, is the only special thing I know of.

Thanks for the responses. That's kind of dissapointing tbh. I'm sure I'll get over it:)

The celebration will have special merch available. This year will be my first time going but in my research I've seen that they do have special items available for purchase. However, these will be back in the back stage areas, I think, and not in the regular WWoHP sections of the park. You'll be able to access the Celebration areas, but there will be lines.

I'm not sure about food. I haven't seen anything special in the past.

Hope this helps!

They do sell special merchandise at a couple of the larger stores and inside the two event buildings. Every year they have a special HP weekend logo and sell shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, phone cases, blankets, keychains, all kinds of things. Last year they came out with specially marked boxes of chocolate frogs with Guilderoy Lockhart cards inside. They also had a special HP weekend limited edition wand that you could preorder and then they would mail it to you in a couple of months. Minalima also creates a special print/artwork to commemorate the event. Make sure you stop by the scholastic table, they usually give out free bookmarks and posters. I didn't necessarily see any special food in the restaurants. Hot butterbeer is usually offered in the winter now. One thing I will say from experience, clothing sizes sell out early so we buy all of our merchandise on Friday morning and haul it back to the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter