Celebrating Christmas in the Sunshine State-A Dec 2018 PTR-New TR Link 12/11

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by Raeven, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Raeven

Raeven DIS Veteran

Introductions:

For those of you who haven't read one of our trip reports before
    :welcome:

My name is Raeven! :wave2:

[​IMG]

I'm 26, work as an administrator at a furniture store, and I'm the planner, photographer, and TR writer for our trips. I love celebrating holidays at theme parks, delicious food, Guardians of the Galaxy, & everything Halloween.

My trip partner is my boyfriend of 4.5 years, Josh.

[​IMG]

He's 32, works for the town, and enjoys the destination much more than the planning process. He also loves thrill rides, gluten free food, his Indiana Jones hat, everything Halloween, and as you can tell from the above picture the hand scrubs at Basin :rotfl:

A little background: We took our first trip in September 2015 because we love everything Halloween, but my job doesn't permit us to take time off in Oct. After that trip we were hooked, and agreed we definitely wanted to go back to HHN every year. A year later we returned, but decided to buy annual passes so we could do a year of Universal/Disney trips. We managed to get in 3/4 planned trips in before the hurricane canceled our trip last September. We ended up going to a long weekend (our shortest trip to date), and decided to try a long weekend again the following year so we could plan our longer vacation for Christmastime again.

[​IMG]

Currently: We have two trips coming up later in the year. One is a 4 day trip in September for Halloween Horror Nights & Food & Wine. The other is a 9 day trip in December to celebrate Josh's birthday early, & take in all the Christmas stuff.

[​IMG]

Usually when I start a PTR it's pretty far in advance, and I haven't decided on everything yet so I make a lot of changes. I'm starting this one closer to the trip, but there's still the possibility for some changes.

[​IMG]

Since 2017 we've also been vlogging our trips as well. We didn't get as much footage on our last trip, but we're doing so many activities the next 2 trips that I know we'll have a ton of videos to go along with the posts this time.

Up Next

Plans for Sep/Dec Trips including ADR's

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  2. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

Following! Can't wait to read about your plans.

Raeven likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Raeven

Raeven DIS Veteran

Thanks for following along! :wave2:

5. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

I'm here!!

So cute!!

Amazing! So much awesome crammed into a few months!

I'd expect nothing less from you! :laughing: Bring on ALL the changes! In all seriousness though, I'm looking forward to hearing about your plans. :goodvibes

Raeven likes this.
  6. Raeven

Raeven DIS Veteran

Yay! :cheer2:

Aw thanks! It was from our first MNSSHP back in 2015. I think that's the only time I bothered to do a "costume", but Josh didn't like his ears so he only wore them for that picture :rotfl:

I'm so excited! I love having the later half of the year to look forward to vacation-wise. Especially when they're holiday centric. So many people I work with use theirs all up early on, but I like saving some of mine for the end of the year.

:rotfl: well there can't be too many changes with certain things this time because I booked some non-refundable hotel rates... I was a little nervous too, but I told myself there's no changing it now :laughing: But as always I'm sure ADR's will change.

MeghanEmily likes this.
  7. Lesley Wake

Lesley Wake May the force be with you!

I’m here too!

I can’t wait to hang out with you guys! I hope Josh won’t get too annoyed when I pull you away!

Raeven likes this.
  8. suse66

suse66 Mickey Bars should be a daily food group!

Sounds like so much fun! Nothing better than planning two trips at once!

Raeven likes this.
  9. Raeven

Raeven DIS Veteran

:wave2: Hey there!

I can't wait to hang out with you too! Oh don't worry he doesn't mind at all! I think he'll probably enjoy some time to himself, and you're totally saving him from having to go to tea :rotfl: But in all seriousness he enjoys our dismeets, and encourages me to go off and have fun with my friends if they're there at the same time.

I agree :thumbsup2

10. amalone1013

amalone1013 DIS Veteran

Yay!

Raeven likes this.
  11. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

I’m joining in, sounds like some awesome trips on the horizon:thumbsup2

Raeven likes this.
  12. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

Following along, of course!!!!

Raeven likes this.
  13. MinnieWebster

MinnieWebster Mouseketeer

Following along! Great times to visit!

Raeven likes this.
  14. Raeven

Raeven DIS Veteran

:wave2:

Thanks for following along! :wave2:

Thanks for following! Sep and Dec are some of our favorite times to go because of the holidays, and May and Dec are my favorite times for weather.

MinnieWebster and Jenny Sanders like this.
  15. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

I wouldn't miss it...

Raeven likes this.
  16. Nakkira

Nakkira DIS Veteran

Joining in!
    [​IMG]

Raeven likes this.
  17. kclark9830

kclark9830 DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear more!

Raeven likes this.
  18. Raeven

Raeven DIS Veteran

Thanks for following along! :thumbsup2

19. chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey DIS Veteran

Joining! I seriously want to do another weekend solo trip again...maybe when you guys are down there!

Raeven likes this.
  20. DLo

DLo DIS Veteran

Popping over from your latest reports. I really like MNSSHP and who doesn’t love Food and Wine . I hope you have a better MVMCP experience this year . I switched my September trip this year to May to go with my brother but already planning for next September.

Raeven likes this.
  21. Raeven

Raeven DIS Veteran

Yes, do it! :cheer2:

We had a great time at MVMCP last year, and we got almost everything done we wanted to do aside from the parade so things went really well, but I guess they could always go even better!

May is a great time of year to go! It's hot, but not as bad as September weather-wise.