celebrating birthdays on the magic ~ help

goofycruise

Earning My Ears
Birthdays on the Magic

It will be on 33rd birthday on our first cruise ~ a 7 day western. I'm wondering if anyone has ever had their birthday on board? is their any kind of special things you can get like birthday cake and do you have any picture of your special day on board . we will have my 8 yr niece with us and she will disappointed if we can't celebrate with cake etc. thanks!!!:wizard:

Birthdays on the Magic

It will be on 33rd birthday on our first cruise ~ a 7 day western. I'm wondering if anyone has ever had their birthday on board? is their any kind of special things you can get like birthday cake and do you have any picture of your special day on board . we will have my 8 yr niece with us and she will disappointed if we can't celebrate with cake etc. thanks!!!:wizard:

Tell your head server what birthday you wish to celebrate and they will organise a cake and also sing happy birthday.

You can get shutters staff to take a photo, but its not automatic.

Birthdays on the Magic

I was wondering the same thing. My sons want me to celebrate my birthday on board but besides a cake I don't know what else they would do. I know I listed a birthday on our DCL reservation.

I was wondering the same thing. My sons want me to celebrate my birthday on board but besides a cake I don't know what else they would do. I know I listed a birthday on our DCL reservation.

First thing is ti list on reservation next tell head server on arrival, in the dinner restaurant and they will organise. The actual birthday package you buy is not worth it, and you get the same cake,

my parents have gone on many cruises and have given me an It's my birthday button however i donn't know if you are give "special things" when wearing this button or if its more just to let people aware and wish you happy b-day also i've heard of being able to have your stateroom decorated for you i'm wondering cost and if people have pics so i can see what things look like

Call DCL or your TA now to have it added to your reservation. The "standard" birthday is a free cake, the serving team will sing HB, and sometimes you get a button. As above, there is a birthday package you can buy, but IMHO, it's not worth the expense.

After boarding (usually first night at dinner) the head server will confirm the date that you want the celebration. They take care of it from there!

my parents have gone on many cruises and have given me an It's my birthday button however i donn't know if you are give "special things" when wearing this button or if its more just to let people aware and wish you happy b-day also i've heard of being able to have your stateroom decorated for you i'm wondering cost and if people have pics so i can see what things look like

We got these buttons pre cruise at WDW, didnt get them on ship, but the servers did give us something cant recall what though, maybe a PIN.

We've celebrated several birthdays on board. Usually, the dining staff will do the cake/singing thing if they are reminded that you are celebrating (don't count on the note in your reservation being enough). They do give you an "I'm celebrating" button. It does not automatically entitle you to anything free on board. Usually if you have something on to indicate to the crew that it's your birthday, they will do little things for you. We've had the whole line of crew on the buffet sing happy birthday in their own language, we've also had our door decorated by our cabin host and a towel "birthday cake" among other little things. They do try to make the day special for you.

The package you can buy includes the same cake and some decorations for your stateroom (a cascade in the stateroom and a magnet for the door I believe). As others have said, not worth the money.

Im considering adding a three night cruise to our WDW trip, with the cruise departing port canaveral ON my sons birthday.... is it possible to have them sing, bring out a cake, etc if our cruise starts on the same day as his birthday? Is this enough time?

They can do birthday's the first night. Make sure it is noted in your reservation. When you arrive at the restaurant that evening, make sure you speak to your server right away or one of the head servers on your way in. If you really want to make sure, you can go to Wavebands and speak with the head servers there. They will make sure the message gets to the appropriate head server. (The long line at Wavebands will probably be for Palo, there usually isn't a long line for the regular dining assignments.)

Note it or have it noted on the reservation. Even though they have all of your birthdays. You can even tell them which day you want it celebrated. Guess what...... Birthday & anniversary celebrations are VERY VERY VERY common on the ship. I want to say I bet you at least 25% (just an estimate) have one person in the traveling party; celebrating one of those on the ship. Last cruise, it almost got old... (Even though we had two at our table; mine included). EACH night at dinner we had at least 5 celebrations. The staff brings you a cake, if you did not get your button and certificate from your SRH, they will also bring that to you at dinner. Most of the dinner staff including the HS comes, claps and sings "Happy Birthday." The cakes are all made standard in the back. They are not made to order. They are cute and VERY VERY yummy. I have to say, the cakes changed in 2008 for the better and are nice now. It also serves your entire table.

EVERY cruise of ours we have celebrated one of those. Believe it or not it has never been planned either with the exception of our 10th anniversary where we renewed our vows on the ship. Just by chance my birthday falls during Spring Break a lot, my DH's & DS's are near holidays & our Anniversary is near a holiday. So we are off of work and this is when we cruise; so we have celebrated many times on the ship. Will for our next one as well.

Happy Birthday and Happy cruising.... :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter