Celebrating 20 years of love with lots of food. Pre DR

kayrosek

DIS Veteran
So I'm starting to get very excited and decided to start this thread now.

DH and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary with a resort only trip from the 1rst to the 6th of July. This trip is all about discovering new things together. We are doing a split stay with 2 nights at POR and 3 at AKL Savanah view. We have never been to either resort even to visit!

We will also be trying all new to us restaurants and I'd love to hear any thoughts you have!

Plans include:

Day One: Arrival
Lunch: Polite Pig
Shopping and maybe a movie at Disney Springs
Dinner: Manginos
A trip to Shades of Green for alcohol and other necessities is a new tradition for us since last trip but we've never tried Manginos.

Day Two:
Breakfast: Riverside Mill
Lunch: The Basket at Wine Bar George
Shopping and then back to the resort for pool time
Dinner: Boatwrights
After Dinner: The Edison for Drinks

Day Three:
Breakfast: Sassgoula Floatworks
Pool time
Lunch: Beaches and Cream
Head over to AKl
Dinner: Sannaa

Day Four:
Breakfast: Sannaa
Resort Exploring
Lunch: Marra
Pool Time
Dinner: Boma

Day Five:
Brunch: Cape May Breakfast
Snacks: Kidani Pool Bar or Marra
Pool time
Dinner: Whispering Canyon

Day Six:
Lunch: Mara
Dinner: Early dinner before departure at Victoria Falls Lounge

Looking at it it this way it looks a little empty but we are looking forward to the downtime, exploring all of our resort pools and spending lots of time on our balcony at AKL. We also want to really explore both resorts. We may change our plans in the morning and afternoon of on Day 5 and add in some mini golf. We shall see. My signature doesn't seem to show but from my last DR you can see were used to Everything Changing!

Last edited:
So taking a cue from our last trip, this trip is already changing. The original plans called for us to be in Disney from July 1rst-6th. With the first two nights at POR and the last three at AKL savanah view. We will now be leaving very early July 2nd. So we are getting one less day and will only have one night at POR. The updated plans are:

Day One: Airport Hotel Stay before 5 am flight
Dinner: Hilton or somewhere local

Day Two:
Breakfast: Airport
Lunch: Polite Pig
Trip to Shades of Green for alcohol and snacks for the room
Dinner: Boatwrights
After Dinner: Skat Kats

Day Three:
Breakfast: Sassagoula Floatworks (Beignets)
Pool time
Lunch: Beaches and Cream
Head over to AKl
Dinner: Sannaa
After Dinner: The Edison

Day Four:
Resort Exploring
Pool Time
Dinner: Boma or Jiko (Have reservations to both trying to decide which with a serious Cinnamon Allergy)

Day Five:
Brunch: Cape May Breakfast
Snacks: Kidani Pool Bar or Marra
Pool time
Dinner: Whispering Canyon

Day Six:
Dinner: Early dinner before departure at Victoria Falls Lounge

I'm a little disappointed but trying to stay positive!

Last edited:
Oh I am sorry you are having to arrive one day later...but you will still have a wonderful time I am sure! 20 Years is Awesome and it will be so fun to do a Resort only trip. POR was our first Resort on our 4 year wedding anniversary ... 27 years ago in 1995!

Your plan looks very wonderful. You will love a Savanna View. Are you doing Kidani? I am assuming. Ask for second floor if you are able... you are so close to the animals. The pool there is wonderful (both resorts) as are all the bars lol.

When you do Polite Pig you could always stop by Wine Bar George Basket and get a froze' drink and that would tick that off your box from your first plan (maybe get a virtual line for Gideons (we have never done it but everyone loves it).

Are you touring resorts as you go to all your different dinners? Like POR to Hollywood Studio via bus then Skyliner to Riviera (see it) and then off to Epcot and lunch at Beaches and Cream?

Bus to MK from AKL and boat to WL...then boat to Contemporary and Monorail lol... Can you tell I like resort hopping?

Truly you will have a great trip.

Oh I am sorry you are having to arrive one day later...but you will still have a wonderful time I am sure! 20 Years is Awesome and it will be so fun to do a Resort only trip. POR was our first Resort on our 4 year wedding anniversary ... 27 years ago in 1995!

Your plan looks very wonderful. You will love a Savanna View. Are you doing Kidani? I am assuming. Ask for second floor if you are able... you are so close to the animals. The pool there is wonderful (both resorts) as are all the bars lol.

When you do Polite Pig you could always stop by Wine Bar George Basket and get a froze' drink and that would tick that off your box from your first plan (maybe get a virtual line for Gideons (we have never done it but everyone loves it).

Are you touring resorts as you go to all your different dinners? Like POR to Hollywood Studio via bus then Skyliner to Riviera (see it) and then off to Epcot and lunch at Beaches and Cream?

Bus to MK from AKL and boat to WL...then boat to Contemporary and Monorail lol... Can you tell I like resort hopping?

Truly you will have a great trip.

Thanks for joining in.
I am definitely excited For Savanah View.
We are in Jambo House but plan on checking out Kidani as a DVC purchase is a possibility in our future.
We may need to get a Frose`. Thats a good idea!
Some Resort touring is planned. We both have mobility issues and aren't renting scooters because we aren't doing parks. So we will play it by ear as to how much walking we can safely and comfortably do. I really like the idea of resort hopping. We've only done a little.

Oh excited for you that you are doing Jambo. Our daughter has stayed there and we are booked in Sept. for Jambo (we are new owners at AKL DVC and have only stayed at Kidani and we very much enjoy it there).

It sounds like you have a great plan. Oh ...you probably know this but there is a shuttle between Kidani and Jambo... make sure you do use it to cut down on all the walking! We used it in January and it was very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter