Celebrating 20 years at WDW - Bonus features, A few posts from May, Updated 9/11

I know that I'm updating at lightning speed, but I need to wrap this thing up because at the end of the week, I'm off on another adventure. Our last one until the place is cleaned out. So bear with me. The final update is already written and I may post it while we're on the trip along with a link to the next trip report.

Day 9

Thank goodness our vacation was starting to slow down at this point. I'm not even sure what time I woke up, but I certainly didn't bounce out of bed. When I started “mentally packing” the day before, I had already decided to pack up two of our suitcases on this day so that we were almost halfway done and wouldn't have to do it all on the last day.

I knew that I could pack up our formal outfits, and really we only needed two days worth of clothes to wear.

There was a load of laundry in the machine and it had finished it's wash cycle, but I had to take out the items we wanted to hang dry and start it on the drying cycle. I did that first thing even before getting dressed, when I went out into the Living Room/Kitchen, I saw this sad sight.

Laundry underway, I started coffee. Armed with my coffee, and having eventually gotten dressed, I pulled out the first suitcase. I filled it up pretty quickly and started on the second one.

We had a ton of leftovers and the night before we decided that the best option would be to put them in baggies and freeze them. Then we would pick up one of the insulated Disney totes that they were offering for a “deal” with a purchase of $X. Since we were actually leaving the room the night before we had to check out, we had the room all the way up until we would leave. That way we could toss everything in the tote as we went to catch the Tragic Express and it might stay cold for the trip home. So I began to pack up the leftovers in baggies. I ate a little bit of the chicken leftovers from France and it was still really good. It was about this time that I started to hassle Fran to get up out of bed.

We had received another message on our voicemail (besides the one from the server) the night before. It was from the BCV staff notifying us that there would be a power shutdown between 11:30AM and 2PM. It was 10:30 and about time for her to get going. Besides we had a lunch reservation at 1PM.

When she was dressed and came out to the living room she noticed there was a message on the machine. It was telling us that the Villas would be unaffected by the power outage, so we could relax.

The dryer finished up and I checked it, most everything was dry so I took out everything that was done and started the last couple items back up again. About half an hour later I realized that I had started them washing again as opposed to drying. :faint:

I had wanted to leave at 12:15 so we could check into lunch in plenty of time. But due to an urgent need to purchase tickets for Game of Thrones In Concert for next March, we didn't end up leaving until 20 to one. Ah! So it was this day, not the one previously mentioned.

Upon check in we were sent to the bar to claim our welcome glass of Cava and then we were to wait for everyone to arrive. In hindsight it was good we weren't early as we had to stand the entire time until we were seated for the lunch. You can see how pleased Fran is with that.

We stood in the bar and waited while they set up the room.

The wines were pre poured and they were placed on a menu so that we could see each course and the wine that would accompany it.

Our first dish was Rock Shrimp with garlic, corn, and tomatoes. It was fantastic! I ate every little piece of shrimp and it was so tasty!

I was a little concerned about the next dish.

I’ve had bad reactions to Eggplant, but I’ve also learned that when you have an allergy to something in the dishes, they completely swap it out with something else, or even worse, just omit the entire thing from your plate. I was hoping that I could just pick around the Eggplant and still enjoy the tuna. I noticed that for people who didn’t get this dish, they were given something off the regular menu that didn’t look nearly as good as the tuna.

I was right, I couldn’t even find any Eggplant on the plate.

Next was our lamb course paired with the red wine.

The lamb itself was fantastic, but I loved the saffron risotto as well. This meal was turning out to be quite a good value. Portions were large and again I was starting to get full. I believe that I took one of these chops home.

For dessert we were served a Moscatel Wine and Chocolate Baklava. I’m sure that it’s not at all traditional, but it was great!

We still had some little coupons to use up and I decided to have another Kahluatini.

Fran got a couple donuts to have in the room.

She wanted to check out some shops and could tell I was sort of fading so she suggested I go back to the room and she would catch up to me there. This was around 3:30PM or so and I crawled right into bed. She texted me that she was going to go to Mouse Gears and I said that was fine. After that, I'm pretty sure that I went out like a light. She came back around 5PM and laid down for a nap as well.

We had a 7:20 reservation at the Brown Derby that I had made the night before. We were going to eat quickly and then go out and try to catch the fireworks. Pam was going to join us after she finished some personal business. Originally our plan was to leave at 6PM and try to get into the restaurant early, but Pam didn't finish until later and said she would just barely make it by 7:20. So we decided to take our time and didn't leave the room until maybe 6:30 or so. When we got to the dock for the Friendship boat we had just missed one, so we waited. The next one that came could only take one ECV, so we decided to wait for the next one. It was still before 7PM, so we had a little time. When the next boat arrived, they had two ECVs and said we could wait for the next boat. By this time it was after 7PM, and we realized that we would never make it to the reservation on time.

Pam and I were texting alternate plans and she was fine to come to the resort so I opened the app and found an ADR at the Trattoria, but since I had a conflicting reservation the only thing I could do was call the dining number to see about changing it. They were able to get us in at 8:35, but couldn't stop the no show charge on my credit card. However they assured me that if I called back the next day they would be happy to put a reversal on it because of transportation difficulties.

We met Pam in the lobby and headed to the Boardwalk.

We.had wanted to check out the Abracadabar and since we still had some time before our reservation this would be perfect. There were three seats in the back and I snagged them. The menu isn’t all that easy to read, but I gave it a shot.

The bar was cool, but I know that I won’t wait a ton to have a drink there, Trader Sam’s is much more fun!

Fran and I each got the Conjurita. When the waitress brought the drink it was purple.

Then she poured it into the shaker cup and poured it back in the glass. It was pink.

Pam got the Magic Mirror.

We checked in at the Trattoria and they told us that they were running right on time, meaning our table wouldn't be ready for another 10-15 minutes. We worked on our drinks and were seated at 8:35.

Pam was happy to find out that they had an extensive menu for dietary requirements. There were plenty of choices available, plus we had arrived on the first day that they unveiled a new menu.

We split the Calamari amongst the three of us. Fran and I split the Caprese salad, this time they made it with yellow tomatoes, but it was still just as delicious! The fresh made mozzarella was just as delicious as before.

Pam ordered the carbonara pasta with gluten free pasta and no bacon or onions. Sorry no pictures.

Fran and I ordered the wild mushroom pizza with bechamel.

Our meal here was just a tasty as the week before! However when it came to dessert we had learned a thing or two. We declined dessert from their menu as we had other plans.

Once we paid the check, we headed next door to the Ample Hills Creamery which gave us much more bag for our bucks.

Fran got two scoops in the cup Sally Sells Seashells which is Fresh and Fluffy Orange Marshmallow Ice Cream with house made Salty Chocolate Sea Shells and ooey gooey buttercake ice cream.

I got the peppermint patty ice cream in an oreo cookie cone.

Pam got a cup of ice cream, but I didn’t get a picture. We ate our ice cream as we walked back around from the Boardwalk to the Beach Club. Once we got back to the BCV we said our goodbyes.

It's hard to find time for everything at WDW, but at least we were able to pick up your Nautilus.

I appreciate you picking up the Nautilus during your trip.

What an amazing meal at Victoria and Albert's. Glad that you and Fran were able to enjoy a great meal with Jill.

Lunch looks really appetizing at the Spice Road Table restaurant. That is neat that you were able to hang out with Pam again during the trip.

So I have good news on the apartment front. Tuesday I rented the vacant place! If you read the chatter last week, I messed up taking an application and the tenants ended up backing out. Well this was actually a stroke of luck. The first tenants were barely qualified, but once they backed out another gentleman who had seen the place earlier in the week, submitted an application. On his own he was well qualified, and a nice guy to boot!

:woohoo:Glad that worked out for you!

Pretty much our only solution (that makes sense) is to install a tankless on the exterior of the house. Cha-ching! there goes another couple grand.

:scared1: That's just painful.

And while all this work will be going on, Fran and I will be going on our last cruise (until we get the old place done).

You keep saying that...:rolleyes1

Once we were on the bus, Jill let us know that the monorail was experiencing delays due to a sick train that needed to be taken off the tracks.

That is happening way too frequently.

DSCN9412.jpg

Gorgeous sunset!

In our old house, I had a drawer where I put all the fancy menus, but I don’t have one of those in the new house, so they’re floating around somewhere, and no I don’t mean like Madame Leota’s head!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I will eat just about anything that someone puts in front of me (with a few exceptions).

Not me, but I never graduated beyond a 4th grade diet anyway.

The bread is always my downfall. Because I am usually starving by the time I arrive, it takes all my restraint not to dig into the bread.

itsatrap.jpg

And here is the butter (which was hidden under the little dome on the table.

I'd be afraid to cut into that and ruin it.

Fran and I had a choice on this one. Octopus with Baby Beets or Rohan Duck with Soba Noodles.

Yeah...I'll have the duck.:crazy2:

I believe it was the Turbot that was served with the horseradish on a sharkskin paddle, but we have no photographic evidence of it!

Well, let's get to work here! We still don't know if it was genuine or faux sharkskin.

On our next course, Fran and I had a choice of Chicken or Rabbit. She had a pet rabbit. Fran does not eat rabbit.

I can't say I'd go out of my way for rabbit, either. Scotty has a stuffed animal bison he carries around and was aghast when I was ordering a bison burger in Wyoming.

Now if you could have deciphered the dessert choices on the menu and and you have been paying even the slightest bit of attention on my cruise trip reports, you should already know what I’m having for dessert.

You'd be proud--I guessed it!

Once I finally got a hold of it, I'm not sure what happened, but somehow we ended up leaving with BOTH copies of the check!

When we arrived at our room about an hour or more later (it was after 1AM) there was a message on the voicemail asking us to call our server's cell phone so that they could settle our check. Ooops!

Wow...you Dined and Dashed V&A's! Bold move!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I need to wrap this thing up because at the end of the week, I'm off on another adventure. Our last one until the place is cleaned out.

Man, I got depressed just looking at that.

When we got to the dock for the Friendship boat we had just missed one, so we waited. The next one that came could only take one ECV, so we decided to wait for the next one. It was still before 7PM, so we had a little time. When the next boat arrived, they had two ECVs and said we could wait for the next boat. By this time it was after 7PM, and we realized that we would never make it to the reservation on time.

Oh brother. It's turning into a comedy of errors.

However they assured me that if I called back the next day they would be happy to put a reversal on it because of transportation difficulties.

That was good of them.

Then she poured it into the shaker cup and poured it back in the glass. It was pink.

No way! That's a neat trick!

I can come see you either the 4th or 5th, I have both days off :cool1:

Last days are no good, but I was so pleased we could get together again! I thought for certain you got pictures of my food. That meal was soooo good! I took mom and other family in December. So yummy. And the icecream :faint: popcorn::

That was the night I had the inspection on house #2.

Did they refund the charge the next day?

I know that I'm updating at lightning speed, but I need to wrap this thing up because at the end of the week, I'm off on another adventure.

That has come around quickly.

We had a ton of leftovers and the night before we decided that the best option would be to put them in baggies and freeze them. Then we would pick up one of the insulated Disney totes that they were offering for a “deal” with a purchase of $X.

That sounds like a great solution.

About half an hour later I realized that I had started them washing again as opposed to drying.

How annoying.

In hindsight it was good we weren't early as we had to stand the entire time until we were seated for the lunch.

How strange that there was nowhere to sit while you were waiting. Lunch looked amazing.

We had a 7:20 reservation at the Brown Derby that I had made the night before. We were going to eat quickly and then go out and try to catch the fireworks. Pam was going to join us after she finished some personal business. Originally our plan was to leave at 6PM and try to get into the restaurant early, but Pam didn't finish until later and said she would just barely make it by 7:20. So we decided to take our time and didn't leave the room until maybe 6:30 or so. When we got to the dock for the Friendship boat we had just missed one, so we waited. The next one that came could only take one ECV, so we decided to wait for the next one. It was still before 7PM, so we had a little time. When the next boat arrived, they had two ECVs and said we could wait for the next boat. By this time it was after 7PM, and we realized that we would never make it to the reservation on time.

That sounds like a complete nightmare.

Pam and I were texting alternate plans and she was fine to come to the resort so I opened the app and found an ADR at the Trattoria

I am glad that you managed to find an alternative.

They were able to get us in at 8:35, but couldn't stop the no show charge on my credit card. However they assured me that if I called back the next day they would be happy to put a reversal on it because of transportation difficulties.

That is what I call great customer service.

We.had wanted to check out the Abracadabar and since we still had some time before our reservation this would be perfect. There were three seats in the back and I snagged them.

What a nice bonus that you got to experience this.

Fran and I each got the Conjurita. When the waitress brought the drink it was purple.

This looks really neat.

Pam was happy to find out that they had an extensive menu for dietary requirements. There were plenty of choices available, plus we had arrived on the first day that they unveiled a new menu.

Sounds like a win win situation. Sometimes things really happen for a reason.

Fran got two scoops in the cup Sally Sells Seashells which is Fresh and Fluffy Orange Marshmallow Ice Cream with house made Salty Chocolate Sea Shells and ooey gooey buttercake ice cream.

I got the peppermint patty ice cream in an oreo cookie cone.

The ice cream looks delicious.

Corinna

Just lovely!

Super fantastic photo of you 3!!

This one was hands down my absolute favorite dish of the evening. I could have easily been very happy with this for dessert.

I sure wish I could have gotten a picture of this too. It was really pretty cool as far as presentation, no?

Wished I hadn't have been so darn full by then. Adore me some cheese!

THE EYELASH DESSERT!!!! :D

And there it is! The thing of beauty! A Grand Marnier Souffle!

Ok, so I'm VERY much having this next time. YUM!!!!!

I appreciate you picking up the Nautilus during your trip.

As Fran always says, she loves spending other people's money!

What an amazing meal at Victoria and Albert's. Glad that you and Fran were able to enjoy a great meal with Jill.

It was so fantastic and even better to spend it with great company!

Lunch looks really appetizing at the Spice Road Table restaurant. That is neat that you were able to hang out with Pam again during the trip.

It was another great meal. I didn't know what to expect and it didn't disappoint!

:woohoo:Glad that worked out for you!

It was a relief!

:scared1: That's just painful.

And now it turns out our jacuzzi has a leak in the skimmer. Yay!

And after this we will not be boarding a ship or a plane until the old place is cleaned out....

That is happening way too frequently.

Maybe they need new trains....

Gorgeous sunset!

Thanks!

Not me, but I never graduated beyond a 4th grade diet anyway.

I didn't always eat like this. But the summer after my freshman year of college, I got bored eating burgers, fries and nachos for every meal, so I made an effort to try new things. My sister on the other hand never graduated beyond a fourth grade diet.

I'd be afraid to cut into that and ruin it.

But if you knew the deliciousness you wouldn't hestate to do it!

Yeah...I'll have the duck.:crazy2:

Actually I really like octopus, it was the beets that were gross.

Well, let's get to work here! We still don't know if it was genuine or faux sharkskin.

For what we paid, I'm gonna guess genuine.

I can't say I'd go out of my way for rabbit, either. Scotty has a stuffed animal bison he carries around and was aghast when I was ordering a bison burger in Wyoming.

:rotfl2:

You'd be proud--I guessed it!

Good for you! Touchdown!

Wow...you Dined and Dashed V&A's! Bold move!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

And to think, I've never ever done that in my life, and of all places to start!

:rolleyes1

Man, I got depressed just looking at that.

I better not keep looking, I'm going to see another one in a little over a week.

Oh brother. It's turning into a comedy of errors.

Yeah, we might have been better off taking the path!

That was good of them.

I was impressed.

No way! That's a neat trick!

It was pretty cool. I wonder if other drinks do similar things.

Armed with my coffee

This cracks me up! Some morning's are just... like that.

We had a ton of leftovers and the night before we decided that the best option would be to put them in baggies and freeze them.

This is GENIUS!!!!!

Holy crap!! I would NOT want to cross her!

but couldn't stop the no show charge on my credit card. However they assured me that if I called back the next day they would be happy to put a reversal on it because of transportation difficulties.

This is twice in a very short time for unreliable transportation. :(

The bar was cool, but I know that I won’t wait a ton to have a drink there, Trader Sam’s is much more fun!

Now THAT is a winning combination!

I can come see you either the 4th or 5th, I have both days off :cool1:

Well I'm glad we have this all worked out! :)

Last days are no good, but I was so pleased we could get together again! I thought for certain you got pictures of my food. That meal was soooo good! I took mom and other family in December. So yummy. And the icecream :faint: popcorn::

I think with all the sending it back and such, we were too busy eating by the time you finally got your pasta.

That was the night I had the inspection on house #2.

:headache: I'm glad you finally got one, sorry it had to be dragged all the way out to #4.

Did they refund the charge the next day?

Not the next day, but they told me it would take a while to go through the system. It came through within 30 days.

That has come around quickly.

I know and now it's less than 48 hours!

That sounds like a great solution.

And I even got to eat the chicken from the French lunch once I got home. It was still delicious!

How annoying.

Yeah, this trip proved to me why I will not purchase an all in one washer / dryer.

How strange that there was nowhere to sit while you were waiting. Lunch looked amazing.

I suppose, we could have gone out to the bar, but we were hovering so that we could get the closest table with a seat on the end, so Fran didn't have a hard time getting in, or someone behind her.

That sounds like a complete nightmare.

More of a minor annoyance. It all worked out in the end.

That is what I call great customer service.

The lady on the phone was very nice and tried to accommodate us as much as possible.

What a nice bonus that you got to experience this.

I was glad to tick it off the list. No need to wait for it if I want to go back, now I know, what it's like. It's nice, but not long wait nice.

This looks really neat.

It was a cool trick, I'm glad I had my camera handy!

Sounds like a win win situation. Sometimes things really happen for a reason.

True. Pam found another great location for her special dining and we got to try more things on the menu there. I really liked that place.

The ice cream looks delicious.

We are definitely going back here in about a week when we are staying at the Boardwalk!

Just lovely!

Thank you!

Super fantastic photo of you 3!!

That was before we drank all the wine!

This one was hands down my absolute favorite dish of the evening. I could have easily been very happy with this for dessert.

Really??? Huh. I'm not sure I could pick one, but the turbot was really good, and I loved the Grand Marnier Souffle!

I sure wish I could have gotten a picture of this too. It was really pretty cool as far as presentation, no?

I thought it was totally cool! I took like five or six pictures of it!

Wished I hadn't have been so darn full by then. Adore me some cheese!

I just realized that a week from last night I'll be back eating cheese like that again!

THE EYELASH DESSERT!!!! :D

It was really cool presentation, but honestly it creeped me out a little. I'm afraid of bugs and the lashes reminded me of spiders!

Ok, so I'm VERY much having this next time. YUM!!!!!

I would highly reccomend it!

This cracks me up! Some morning's are just... like that.

::yes:: And I need to get on packing, but then again I'm trying to get the last chapter of this report up before I go!

This is GENIUS!!!!!

thank you.

Holy crap!! I would NOT want to cross her!

No you really don't.

This is twice in a very short time for unreliable transportation. :(

I know. Total bummer.

Now THAT is a winning combination!

I know! I think I will have it again in about 10ish days, only from a different restaurant. Or then again possibly in a week!

Day 10

Here it was, that final day. We had to go home. For whatever reason I had not hit that missing home part of the trip. Perhaps it was the fact that we met up with so many friends along the way, or that we had been eating up a storm to the extent that I hadn't had the time to think about missing the kitties.

Either way, today was the day that we needed to pack up our suitcases and send them off to the airline check in before noon. I got the last two suitcases out of the closet, set them on the bed and began filling them with the remainIng stuff we had to pack. Fran got out of bed sometime around 10:30 and I told her that she needed to pack up all her little obsessive items she had gathered over the course of the week.

We got everything all packed up by 11:20 and called a bellman to come take the suitcases and owner's locker. Once we had that taken care of, it was time to head off to Epcot for some last minute visits to the kiosks.

First stop was Italy.

I really wanted the Chicken parmigiana with pennete pasta. The sauce was a little bland, but it was still good. I'd prefer a little band to overly spicy.

I also got a limoncello margarita. We still had two of those little coupons and this used up one of them.

We debated stopping in Africa for the butter chicken, but at a glance at the dish looked so much like the Chicken Tikka Masala I ate the other day, I decided to pass.

When we came to South Korea I decided to go for the BBQ Korean Beef with white rice and cucumber Kim chi.

The cucumbers were heavenly! I would have ordered an entire order of these! The beef was really great as well. It was tender and flavorful and even the rice was good by itself.

We passed up Australia and New Zealand, and since we'd hit Farm Fresh earlier in the week, we passed on by that too.

Hawai'i was next on the list.

I wanted the Tuna Poke, which was excellent! I could smell the flavors coming up from the bowl as we found a place to eat. The rice was spicy, but everything was so flavorful.

I also got the Kahlua pork slider. It was really tasty, but I was sad that I put the top bun on the sandwich because that was too much bread. I liked the ratio of sauce, pork and bottom bun as it was. The pineapple salsa on top was great too!

I also got the Mai Tai with the last of our little tickets.

I was really getting full at this point, but I wanted to try Patagonia as I liked it when the same stuff was at Brazil.

We just got the beef skewer, the boniato puree was actually my favorite part, it was just like mashed potatoes. The beef was good, but I think I was getting too full.

After that I decided to use the restroom, but the one in WS had a huge line so we headed over to the one near the Imagination Pavillion and after that I thought we should make another attempt to visit the DVC member lounge.

Who should we run into when we were checking in, but Jill and her “roommate”. We all got drinks, sat down to charge our devices and chatted for a bit in the AC.

They came by and gave us snacks, Fran took the Chips Ahoy, I took the Gummi Bears. After a while it was time to head back to the hotel and collect our carry ons and food out of the freezer.

After we had collected our belongings, Fran went off to the front desk to check us out while I gathered up the last of our stuff and we met outside under the port cochere. It didn't take long for the DME bus to arrive. I thought we were going to have a comfortable trip back to the airport as I had taken the seat behind Fran who was in the front row. We picked up some passengers at the Boardwalk and then went on to CBR. There were so many people boarding there that there was not an empty seat available on the bus, so we squished into a seat together.

When we got off the bus, I found that the bus driver had crammed her scooter underneath the bus without lowering the tiller and her rear view mirror was broken.

We reported it to the powers that be and then headed up to security.

Nothing has happened with this problem. Stupid Magical Express.

Having Precheck was definitely a bonus, there was hardly any line and we didn't have to hassle with the whole removing shoes and stuff or taking the computers out of the carry ons.

We had a short wait at the gate when we went to gate check the scooters. There was only one agent and he was busy with the deplaning of the aircraft at the gate. Once we had our tags, we waited to board.

The flight was packed and it always amazes me what people bring as carry ons, but eventually everyone was settled and we took off.

I tried to watch Finding Dory but the video was corrupted. Once I paused the film, it wouldn't properly restart. I could see the subtitles, and hear the audio, but the screen was black.

Meanwhile they brought us the warmed nuts and eventually dinner. These pursettes were almost exactly like the ones they serve in Animators Palate. I would hate to think that DCL and American Airlines used the same supplier. I can't imagine that Disney makes these from scratch every night. I liked Disney's sauce better.

After dinner they gave us ice cream. We both took the Butterscotch sauce.

I tried to sleep and I think I did doze off for a bit, however it wasn't restful sleep. We landed and everything went fine. We waited forever for our scooters and our luggage was waiting for us in the abandoned section.

I left Fran waiting curbside while I fetched the car. It was the quickest Lot C turnaround we've ever had. I loaded the bags quickly and we were on our way home in no time.

After a stop at the grocery store for bread and milk we were home with our kitties. No one was overjoyed to see us, in fact they were kind of hiding when we came in the door. Eventually they came around and were very lovey dovey for next few days. Until we took off on them again! But you have already heard about the trip to Palm Springs! Next stop The Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean and a whirlwind weekend at WDW!

Well done renting out your apartment I was pleased to read that. That previous tenant how rude. I don't understand how people can cope leaving places like that. I couldn't leave a hotel room untidy even.

Oh my more money to pay out. That tankless solution.

Good progress on old apartment.

How neat re your cruise. Hope you get to do timings with Oscars. Nice dining rotation. AP our least favourite also.

TR

Another non fan of hair dryers. I like it to dry au natural thank you. No poodle parlour look for me.

Transport not playing well tonight but nice sunset shot! Glad you made it to GF in time. Phew. You all look very nice. That is one smart looking bottle of h2o.

Wow the food! What can you say. I suppose it's too much to ask at V & A for those of us not liking to mix food types for a separator plate lol.

Love the duck and scallop. I adore the pretty butter.

Great idea to have the kobe beef. Oh my goodness those desserts!

That is so funny about the checks. Stop thief!

Shame you reached your last day. But nice to get some time at EPCOT and F & W. Looks like you grabbed some good drink and food options.

How nice to see Jill and roomate in the lounge and grab some snacks.

That is a shame you were playing sardines in the ME. How annoying they broke the mirror on the scooter.

That is good short flight. Finding Dory nice movie. Shame about tech problems.

Glad you got home safe. Nice to see kitties. Even with their noses in the air...

For whatever reason I had not hit that missing home part of the trip.

How ever long our vacation is, I very rarely get to that stage.

We got everything all packed up by 11:20 and called a bellman to come take the suitcases and owner's locker.

That sounds like perfect timing.

I really wanted the Chicken parmigiana with pennete pasta. The sauce was a little bland, but it was still good. I'd prefer a little band to overly spicy.

I am with you there and this does look very good.

Who should we run into when we were checking in, but Jill and her “roommate”. We all got drinks, sat down to charge our devices and chatted for a bit in the AC.

That is nice that you got to spend some more time with Jill.

When we got off the bus, I found that the bus driver had crammed her scooter underneath the bus without lowering the tiller and her rear view mirror was broken.

I wonder what he was thinking.

That is disgraceful. They were clearly in the wrong there.

These pursettes were almost exactly like the ones they serve in Animators Palate. I would hate to think that DCL and American Airlines used the same supplier.

They may well come from the same supplier.

Corinna

I didn't know your last day had time for Epcot, how fun!!! Lots of yummy eats and to see Jill again even better!!

What is this DME broke the scooter and still hasn't fixed it??? Will you contact them again?

Glad it was smooth travels home :)

For whatever reason I had not hit that missing home part of the trip.

I don't ever hit that point.

Who should we run into when we were checking in, but Jill and her “roommate”.

Great! You can slide her the bill for V&A's. :rotfl2:

Wonderful.:sad2:

Double wonderful. :sad2::sad2:

I would hate to think that DCL and American Airlines used the same supplier.

:rotfl2::rotfl: That thought really ruins the magic!

Next stop The Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean and a whirlwind weekend at WDW!

:woohoo:

Well I had a LOT to catch up on! Will reply again from laptop but sad to see the end, but look forward to the next!!

I decided to wait on doing the last load of laundry until we got new (read-*free*) detergent.
Smart move!

After riding, I was really glad that I didn't wait much longer than 15 minutes. It was a cute ride, don't get me wrong, but after having been on it once, I don't feel the need to do it again. Even to try and take pictures. I heard people talking about how cool the effects were, but after having seen the stage show at DCA, the effects on the ride were underwhelming.
I can see that. I mean, I look forward to checking it out. And while I like the movie inspired dark rides, most of them are just ok. I mean I'm going to ride them, but I'm usually not just blown away by them.

So I have good news on the apartment front. Tuesday I rented the vacant place!
Awesome!

Planning for this cruise has thrown a bit of a curve at us. I didn't realize that the Oscars are taking place during our cruise.
Hmm... yep, I'm behind.

Jill was already at the restaurant and assured us that we were OK. They knew we were having transportation issues. I did get this shot of the sunset on our way there.
They should be used to monorail induced transportation issues at this point.

They made a serious presentation for the butter for our last bit of bread. They brought out this Toque shaped butter and shaved off pieces for us.
Holy crap... they must bring a total of about 5 pounds of butter to your table with all those "presentations" of butter.

Fran ordered the Caramelized Banana Gateau.

AND a Grand Marnier Souffle!
Nicely done, Fran!!!

When we arrived at our room about an hour or more later (it was after 1AM) there was a message on the voicemail asking us to call our server's cell phone so that they could settle our check. Ooops! Fran handled everything while I continued to bed.
Yikes! I'm glad it was an easy thing to correct. But I'm sure the server was even more relieved to get that call!!!!

Fran got a couple donuts to have in the room.

Did they send someone over to Universal that morning to stock up? :rolleyes1

Pam and I were texting alternate plans and she was fine to come to the resort so I opened the app and found an ADR at the Trattoria, but since I had a conflicting reservation the only thing I could do was call the dining number to see about changing it. They were able to get us in at 8:35, but couldn't stop the no show charge on my credit card. However they assured me that if I called back the next day they would be happy to put a reversal on it because of transportation difficulties.
I'm glad that they were able to work with you. They definitely should when transportation can't reliably get you there.

Sorry to hear that. So frustrating.

Thanks for sharing the trip. And holy crap... all the food in those last few updates is just incredible. I'm amazed you were able to get home without falling into a food coma.

Even more yummy F&W treats, but I think of all you posed on this day, I'd have liked to have tried the lemoncello marg.

Any resolution yet?

The flight was packed and it always amazes me what people bring as carry ons,

IKR?! What is with the ginormous bags they can hardly lift?!

I tried to watch Finding Dory but the video was corrupted.

Oddly, it was corrupted for us too! My kids have still to this day not seen the ending.

Next stop The Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean and a whirlwind weekend at WDW!

Definitely looking forward to that!

Well folks, I'm back home on the ground, another adventure under the bridge, so to speak.

It'll take me a while to get settled and back in the swing of things. Once I do, I'll post a link here and then I'll try to get bat signals out as well.

And don't forget, now we REALLY need to clean out that apartment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter