Celebrating 20 years at WDW - Bonus features, A few posts from May, Updated 9/11

Whew - I was like a month behind! (Since we lost the ability to see pictures at work - TR reading was my lunch break activity - I just don't have the time for it at home. I decided to spend some time today as I had the time.

Anyways, I'm all caught up now, and it looks like you guys had a really wonderful time on your trip, even if it's starting to wind down.

I do have to tell you I used to be one of *those* people that would get annoyed at the ECVs. Especially on the way to the park in the morning, it was just the idea of it taking so much TIME. But at some point reading posts on the DIS (this was before I knew you and Fran) I realized that (a) people with ECVs just want to have a nice vacation too, (b) ECV / Wheelchair people aren't doing it on purpose to mess with my vacation, (c) ECV/Wheelchair folks would probably be much happier to NOT have to use an ECV to get around, (d) why make them feel bad with glares and whispers and (d) they have to wait for US to get off the bus when we get to the destination. So now I take a different attitude and try to be as helpful and friendly as possible - because I know that those with the ECVs are dealing with a lot more than we do. (Just don't run over my foot! :teeth: )

Your food and wine pictures make me so much want to go back. I don't know why we like that so much! I enjoy those little bites possibly more than the sitdown restaurants. You also went to one of our favorites at Yachtsman's! Would love to go there again. Beaches and Cream is also yummy too. Man, whenever the next trip back is...its too far away! (Well - it's 9 months...) At least we are only a week from our Universal trip!

And the drink that angers the Tiki Goddess is the Uh-OA (Uh-OA! Uh-OA! Uh-OA OA OA!)

Anyways, I'll catch up whenever I can!

Paaaaaammmmmm! So fun to see you ladies together. :grouphug:

Hate hate hate when the realization hits that the trip is ending soon. :(

Little wine indeed. That looks like a thimble.

Mmmmmm Mexico, looks delicious!

My grandmother made the BEST stuffed cabbage I have ever had. If it's ever on a menu I will try it but nothing compares to hers. hard to mimic a Hungarian's grandmother's stuffed cabbage.

My grandmother made the BEST stuffed cabbage I have ever had. If it's ever on a menu I will try it but nothing compares to hers. hard to mimic a Hungarian's grandmother's stuffed cabbage.

My Hungarian father actually prefers my Irish/English mother's stuffed cabbage. Her secret is to puree extra cooked cabbage leaves into the sauce. YUMMMM!

Well due to my own stupidity, I did. I forgot to witness them signing the application and Fran refused to process it, and now one of the gals has put her application on hold. So back to the drawing board.

I am so sorry that this has gone wrong. I hope that this will still work out or that you will find other suitable applicants soon.

On our way to Epcot I got a text from Pam that she was going through security and I texted back, “So are we.”

That sounds like perfect timing.

It was a cute ride, don't get me wrong, but after having been on it once, I don't feel the need to do it again.

What a shame that this was nothing to write home about.

We had also ordered the drink Apple Pie which was very tasty and quite unique.

That looks amazing.

Corinna

Trader Sams looks like so much fun!

It's a fun place with whacky stuff that goes on!

How nice that you were able to meet up with Pam.

She's kind of like me at Disneyland now. Except it takes her a little longer to get there and visit folks.

Trader Sam's looks really cool.

It is! Good drinks and fun stuff happens

My favorite!!!

Mine too! I make it a lot on WDW vacations. It's been a while since I've made it at home.

Oh no! When is your next TR?

Well the next trip starts two weeks from yesterday, so the TR will be shortly thereafter.

I want to try that.

I don't really care for it, a little too eggy for my taste.

What was in it?

Well the sign said that the alcohol was Vodka. It also had frozen chunks of apple and crust, though it was billed as a drink, it definitely had the pie aspect to it. It was chewy and not sippy.

I was wondering when our day together was. I forgot it was near the end of your trip. What a fun day, I enjoyed that very much! :) and more fun to come!

Yup! We had a lot of fun that day. I hope we can work out some time to get together, maybe I should try and up my reservations to three or four on some of our days. And yes more fun to come!

Sorry about the Rivers of Light FP. I have no idea if they're using the big amphitheater for that or is it going to be somewhere else. If they're using the theater there's lots of seats but it can be confusing where to go when there's tons of people. When I saw the Jungle Book show it was a bit crazy.

I need to talk to her about this. It sounds like it is similar to WoC and she doesn't like that show, but then again she wants to see things at least once to make a decision. I'm going to keep looking, but then again we will have to have accessible seating. We might just be better off to go there and try and get seating.

Looks like your day started well in Canada. I have always admired their food menu at F & W . That Farm Fresh was good for sure.

I love your photos of Traders Sams! So funny we did not figure how to get in. Jo kept telling me the terrace was 'it' I was driving her gaga saying no there is an inside with effects!

I love the way they change the scene with what you order waking up the godess cool what do you have to order for that! Nice they do food offering too. Looks like a fun day.

I shall enjoy telling Jo there is an inside to Traders Sam and I have photo evidence lol..

It has been quite a while since I have been on the boards and it is nice to read your trip report again. I have missed a lot of updates. It is interesting to read your adventures at 1900 Park Fare which is one of your favorite places to eat at WDW. Breakfast looks good as well as the pictures with the Disney characters.

Nice day at the Magic Kingdom where it looks very nice. There were times when I went in October that it was clear and times when it was raining (mostly) during Hurricane Matthew. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is a nice ride at the MK where it does get long wait times then compare to DL version which is a walk-on. Maybe it has to do with the location where at DL is at the back of Critter Country. Your photos are getting better and better every time I see them.

The park did seem crowded but not like Christmas crowds which can be crazy. That is great that you were able to ride 7DMT twice that day. I enjoyed riding it but I will not wait for 90 minutes to ride it which was close to the average wait time to get in the stand-by queue.

Can never get tired of the Canada kiosk with the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup and the filet mignon. I enjoyed the Mac and Cheese from Farm Fresh which was amazing.

Glad that you went to Trader’s Sam that night. I really wanted to go to Trader’s Sam but with everything that went during that trip, I was glad to do my other things during the trip. Maybe I will go to Trader’s Sam when I go back to Florida one day.

Can never get tired of Spaceship Earth which is my favorite ride at Epcot. Glad that you were able to ride Frozen Ever After at Epcot. The effects on the ride is great with the AA characters. But just like you, I would ride it once a trip. Like the 7DMT stand-by queue, I would not wait 90 minutes to go on that ride. But it was hard to get FP+ for that ride which I was lucky to get.

That is a very nice picture of you and Pam that day.

It was a cute ride, don't get me wrong, but after having been on it once, I don't feel the need to do it again.

Same here. Meh. I like the queue area but the ride .... lacks something. Maelstrom was so great; I'm sad they destroyed it.

Both were good but nothing spectacular.

Again, same opinion. Meh. Maybe because the Mexican I get up here is so amazing.

I had a little glass of wine to wash down the food.

Emphasis being on little.

Next up, will there be horseradish on a sharkskin paddle?

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

this one sure is making the rounds.

And yes, I do believe there will be some.

And then who should come walking up? She had stopped at Club Cool and another spot before making her way back to Norway, so we did actually get a picture!

Love this photos of two of my favourite ladies!!!

And again, work kept me off the boards and when I return I had to catch up about 4 pages! But I did make a lot of notes of what not to miss (including another visit to Trader Sam) when we return in the summer. ;)

We got the Mac and Cheese with Neuske’s bacon, I thought this was just fabulous!

I really wanted to ttry this but my friend said that it was very heavy on the pepper flavor. :(

And some more storms happened.

I'm a sucker for drinks & entertainment.

And when we came back from our journey, they didn’t even have our faces in the little movie at the end. I was so disappointed!

We didn't either!! I thought it was just us but I guess maybe they were having issues with the cameras.

Right about this time our FP+ for Frozen opened up so we headed over there. I decided not to take the camera so that I could just live in the moment.

I think we ran into you all on your way to Frozen. It was so nice to chat again, since Fran was under the weather during our first meet.

We also got the perogie and kielbasa

This was another one I regret not getting a chance to try. It looks delicious.

We had also ordered the drink Apple Pie which was very tasty and quite unique.

The Apple Pie drink is soooo good, although it looks a lot smaller than I remember it.

Whew - I was like a month behind! (Since we lost the ability to see pictures at work - TR reading was my lunch break activity - I just don't have the time for it at home. I decided to spend some time today as I had the time.

I understand why companies do that, I had an employees who was visiting questionable sites during work hours, but for folks who do the stuff on their lunch hour and aren't visiting those "other" site, it bites!

Anyways, I'm all caught up now, and it looks like you guys had a really wonderful time on your trip, even if it's starting to wind down.

It was really good and a total adjustment when we got home. I didn't go hungry for 10 days. I had to get used to hunger being my friend again.

I do have to tell you I used to be one of *those* people that would get annoyed at the ECVs. Especially on the way to the park in the morning, it was just the idea of it taking so much TIME.

I do agree that the procedure has become much more streamlined.

But at some point reading posts on the DIS (this was before I knew you and Fran) I realized that (a) people with ECVs just want to have a nice vacation too,

Well there is that point. After one day of walking, I would be confined to bed or limping the rest of the trip.

(b) ECV / Wheelchair people aren't doing it on purpose to mess with my vacation,

this is absolutely true!

(c) ECV/Wheelchair folks would probably be much happier to NOT have to use an ECV to get around,

Everyonce in a while someone who thinks they are being cute will say to Fran, "I envy you." or "that's they way to travel." And she'll say to them, "I'll gladly give you my arthritis to go along with the scooter!" I'm not sure if she got out of the scooter at all when we spent time together, but when people see her walk for the first time, they are often a bit shocked.

(d) why make them feel bad with glares and whispers and

Thank you!

(d) they have to wait for US to get off the bus when we get to the destination.

Yeah, and then after everyone is off then they start the process, so no matter how much we slow up the bus in going there, it takes twice as long for us to get off and sometimes the bus drivers are condescending based on past experiences with ECV riders.

So now I take a different attitude and try to be as helpful and friendly as possible - because I know that those with the ECVs are dealing with a lot more than we do.

Thank you I'm sure they appreciate someone friendly!

Your food and wine pictures make me so much want to go back. I don't know why we like that so much! I enjoy those little bites possibly more than the sitdown restaurants.

And I'm so glad that CA festival is back. We have quite a few days out there this year and even some overnights booked!

You also went to one of our favorites at Yachtsman's! Would love to go there again. Beaches and Cream is also yummy too. Man, whenever the next trip back is...its too far away! (Well - it's 9 months...) At least we are only a week from our Universal trip!

I'm glad your trip is coming up so soon. So is ours, and may well be the last one

And the drink that angers the Tiki Goddess is the Uh-OA (Uh-OA! Uh-OA! Uh-OA OA OA!)

Anyways, I'll catch up whenever I can!

Yeah now i remember the chant!

Paaaaaammmmmm! So fun to see you ladies together. :grouphug:

It was so great to meet up with her!

Hate hate hate when the realization hits that the trip is ending soon. :(

I totally know what you mean!

Little wine indeed. That looks like a thimble.

Yes it was a tiny thimble

Mmmmmm Mexico, looks delicious!

It was good!

Do you have the recipe?

Everyonce in a while someone who thinks they are being cute will say to Fran, "I envy you." or "that's they way to travel." And she'll say to them, "I'll gladly give you my arthritis to go along with the scooter!" I'm not sure if she got out of the scooter at all when we spent time together, but when people see her walk for the first time, they are often a bit shocked.

I don't remember if she did or not, but I know enough people with similar problems to know...
...I have had pretty severe foot pain in the past. I have bad planar fascisis in both feet, and wear orthotics in both shoes. Luckily getting the orthotics really made them 98% better, and I can make it through a week in the parks now without being hobbled. I'm very happy to be able to get around the parks without any problem, and don't envy those that do. (Though after a long day through the parks I WILL with all sincerity think "That's the way to travel!")

On our way to the Polynesian, we decided it would be a good idea to have some food in our bellies before we started drinking rum.

You chose...wisely.

zyZ8iIw15qJvb_yiBq3AQPAl_M2AQ8OKniNosK9csk17qGziW88xYyMQXDiZ7ZMpTVm019T4uPdx1uZqSNHu0Jd3pD_w5n5XfyIprnpY7qMzFdknIbj8cNwWog7szFm4aPp38h1J-bNh2hxjpsYIQMZ7acnge1R0F4hTBPPU6Vr30DVYjixZanVB7ZqI1J5hBSfTev9Ezm5zFCnupq_Sa57X5Gf9WeDqtOMqecNIAFv1aCWewJkkTmheKm_mtSGf44kNqba5c5zVH6qqHPIuXL4SrLIkUpXDEbW-3VTTTFoaE8O6_xtoXwcTscAVrABnS-5714u0Pjwo_EheO1_-1nXRsPUudlZYxjx_seGVEzZpyeD23KiBrO6LK-48FjdVIe5jB87bl4gT5H_TuzdRcItKtIMjQ-UiNIkNdGd4iWv38FVMIsRy2lgkQ0C8HwztD4dPPDA0aq36JlfyCnqSPhSg-q9H8Ytyzesvmtojx_5rwmArA1-klFNOqjhDT9kmvQpiNluIcUSnPmx1Eu4tV2kjzN3MWTf8wC4Sv-xFkFUTgxgqMUCgd6d3eoEmKBEl4jHZg0NynuhHGecQu5abdsy_hjcVyThteXtzcBLOfq92neowO6O5=w279-h320-no

Fran stopped in the gift shop while I went to get a pager. There was no wait! :eek:

For Trader Sam's? Really?? Wow, you hit the jackpot!

Then the server swims to your table to deliver your drink.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: That's hilarious!

This morning I woke up with that impending feeling that the trip is slowly coming to an end.

Me no likey.

On our way to Epcot I got a text from Pam that she was going through security and I texted back, “So are we.”

Perfect timing!

And when we came back from our journey, they didn’t even have our faces in the little movie at the end. I was so disappointed!

What?? I demand a refund!

After riding, I was really glad that I didn't wait much longer than 15 minutes. It was a cute ride, don't get me wrong, but after having been on it once, I don't feel the need to do it again.

Good to know. From what I've seen I can't see myself really wanting to go back and do it again and again. Of course, I was never a huge fan of Maelstrom to begin with.

Since we finished up the Remy game we stopped in at Disney Traders to show our completed sheets and they gave us a choice of one of six pins for each sheet.

Nice work!

We tried to head up to the DVC Lounge for a free beverage, but the line was out the door.

That's where the Trader Sams crowds went.

As we got to the topiary I also realized we had once again forgotten to take a picture with Pam. And then who should come walking up? She had stopped at Club Cool and another spot before making her way back to Norway, so we did actually get a picture!

Wow! You guys have this whole meet-up thing down to a science!

Next up, will there be horseradish on a sharkskin paddle?

:rotfl2::rotfl2: We're getting so much mileage out of that one!

It has been quite a while since I have been on the boards and it is nice to read your trip report again. I have missed a lot of updates.

I've missed you around here Bret. I guess you've been busy!

It is interesting to read your adventures at 1900 Park Fare which is one of your favorite places to eat at WDW. Breakfast looks good as well as the pictures with the Disney characters.

Breakfast is always good there and soon I'll be back again!

Nice day at the Magic Kingdom where it looks very nice. There were times when I went in October that it was clear and times when it was raining (mostly) during Hurricane Matthew. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is a nice ride at the MK where it does get long wait times then compare to DL version which is a walk-on. Maybe it has to do with the location where at DL is at the back of Critter Country. Your photos are getting better and better every time I see them.

It was a nice relaxing day at MK. I'll have to go on the WTP ride at DL again for some photos. It's been years since I've been on it and the motion of those cars always makes it so difficult.

The park did seem crowded but not like Christmas crowds which can be crazy. That is great that you were able to ride 7DMT twice that day. I enjoyed riding it but I will not wait for 90 minutes to ride it which was close to the average

No, I would not wait that long either! We're skipping most of the rides this next trip and just going for the food and atmosphere.

Can never get tired of the Canada kiosk with the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup and the filet mignon. I enjoyed the Mac and Cheese from Farm Fresh which was amazing.

Maybe I'll put that cheese soup on the menu for this weekend. With the rain coming it will be soup weather!

Glad that you went to Trader’s Sam that night. I really wanted to go to Trader’s Sam but with everything that went during that trip, I was glad to do my other things during the trip. Maybe I will go to Trader’s Sam when I go back to Florida one day.

It's hard to find time for everything at WDW, but at least we were able to pick up your Nautilus.

Can never get tired of Spaceship Earth which is my favorite ride at Epcot. Glad that you were able to ride Frozen Ever After at Epcot. The effects on the ride is great with the AA characters. But just like you, I would ride it once a trip. Like the 7DMT stand-by queue, I would not wait 90 minutes to go on that ride. But it was hard to get FP+ for that ride which I was lucky to get.

I didn't try to get a FP for it this trip. In fact I didn't make any FP for this trip.

That is a very nice picture of you and Pam that day.

Thank you.

I am so sorry that this has gone wrong. I hope that this will still work out or that you will find other suitable applicants soon.

Actually I believe things happen for a reason. Hopefully I can post the next update soon with the resolution of this dilemma.

That sounds like perfect timing.

It was! :teeth:

What a shame that this was nothing to write home about.

Yeah. It happens.

That looks amazing.

It was quite astounding the way that they gave a drink the texture and taste of a pie!

Looks like your day started well in Canada. I have always admired their food menu at F & W . That Farm Fresh was good for sure.

Well it was the start to the end of our day, but it was a good one.

I love your photos of Traders Sams! So funny we did not figure how to get in. Jo kept telling me the terrace was 'it' I was driving her gaga saying no there is an inside with effects!

It's a very non descript door for the entrance. Very easy to miss.

I love the way they change the scene with what you order waking up the godess cool what do you have to order for that! Nice they do food offering too. Looks like a fun day.

The Uh Oah, wakes the goddess and everyone in the bar chants, "Uh-Oah, Uh-Oah, Uh Oah Oah Oah.

I shall enjoy telling Jo there is an inside to Traders Sam and I have photo evidence lol..

:rotfl2: How did she take it?

Same here. Meh. I like the queue area but the ride .... lacks something. Maelstrom was so great; I'm sad they destroyed it.

I liked @pkondz version better.

Again, same opinion. Meh. Maybe because the Mexican I get up here is so amazing.

We have some pretty darned good ones here too.

Emphasis being on little.

::yes::

:rolleyes1

Love this photos of two of my favourite ladies!!!

And again, work kept me off the boards and when I return I had to catch up about 4 pages! But I did make a lot of notes of what not to miss (including another visit to Trader Sam) when we return in the summer. ;)

Thanks! You will have such an amazing time this summer!

I really wanted to ttry this but my friend said that it was very heavy on the pepper flavor. :(

I love pepper so I didn't notice. It was just good.

I'm a sucker for drinks & entertainment.

It's definitely a fun place to hang out!

We didn't either!! I thought it was just us but I guess maybe they were having issues with the cameras.

There were other people whose little head pictures were flying all over the map, so maybe it was just our car. Perhaps you got the same car? :confused3

I think we ran into you all on your way to Frozen. It was so nice to chat again, since Fran was under the weather during our first meet.

Yes! That's right! We ran into you in that stretch between Future World and World Showcase.

This was another one I regret not getting a chance to try. It looks delicious.

It was really good but I had tried it before, so I made a point to fit it in.

The Apple Pie drink is soooo good, although it looks a lot smaller than I remember it.

It was bigger than the wine. In fact I was having a hard time finishing it because it was filling, not like a regular drink.

I don't remember if she did or not, but I know enough people with similar problems to know...
...I have had pretty severe foot pain in the past. I have bad planar fascisis in both feet, and wear orthotics in both shoes. Luckily getting the orthotics really made them 98% better, and I can make it through a week in the parks now without being hobbled. I'm very happy to be able to get around the parks without any problem, and don't envy those that do. (Though after a long day through the parks I WILL with all sincerity think "That's the way to travel!")

I was diagnosed with the same but it never was as severe as the broken bone. I have orthodics, but now I wear SAS shoes almost exclusively and they seem to do the trick. Today we went to the park for an exclusive pin, lunch and some other AP opportunities. I learned that just to walk from the GCH to City Hall is half a mile. So not sure how far I walked (we spent four hours from door to door) but my feet are throbbing right now. I'm going to go take some ibuprofen and almost considered ordering out for dinner.

You chose...wisely.

Thank you.

I'm glad I got your Homer seal of approval!

For Trader Sam's? Really?? Wow, you hit the jackpot!

I know. Huh?

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: That's hilarious!

Isn't it? And he did a very good underwater swim move while a beacon sound played on the loudspeaker.

Me no likey.

Yeah, but eventually it has to happen.

Perfect timing

::yes::

What?? I demand a refund!

:lmao:

Good to know. From what I've seen I can't see myself really wanting to go back and do it again and again. Of course, I was never a huge fan of Maelstrom to begin with.

It just wasn't all that exciting, I think the other rode might have been better.

Nice work!

Thanks! :thumbsup2

That's where the Trader Sams crowds went.

You're probably right!

Wow! You guys have this whole meet-up thing down to a science!

:rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: We're getting so much mileage out of that one!

I know. Isn't it great?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter