Celebrating 15 years happily ever after trip report

Templemom

Mouseketeer
04/22/22
Today is the day!
E said that his vacation started yesterday when he clocked out of work. Lucky ducky, I always feel vacation starts at the hotel.
Plus I still have work šŸ™ƒ
We got Eden and Joshua ready for school, dropped off at the bus and headed to work. I am a home health care provider for my mom. Plus the kids will be at "Mimi's" while we are cruising. Finished setting up the kids with all the beds and electronics they need for a week and getting Temple and mom ready for the day. E picked up the kids at 1130 and brought them up. Then he went to the bank and picked up cash for me. We headed back home to load the suitcases in and we were off!

20220422_130721.jpg
We drove down to Logan Airport and got our baggage checked in. The plane was scheduled to take off at 4:10 and because of some technical issues and then waiting for a spot on the runway we took off at 5:15
20220422_164153.jpg
Tried to crochet but didn't save the pattern correctly. 20220422_173819.jpg

Arriving in Orlando
20220422_194732.jpg

I was so happy to have decided to stay at the Hyatt. Not have to travel any more this night.
We checked in and headed up to the 7th floor and we have a balcony!!

20220422_204805.jpg
What a wonderful way to start the vacationā¤
We checked in with everyone back home
Enjoyed Chinese and Mexican for dinner and then I was so tired, hit the wall so to speak and it was lights out.

Attachments

• 20220422_204805.jpg
    20220422_204805.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 15
Update
People always say when you come back from vacation you come back to reality. Well, reality sucks
About two weeks before the cruise, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. With doctors orders we set the surgery date for after the cruise and was told to enjoy. The Monday after we got home,, my mom went into the hospital with pneumonia. She got out on Friday and came home with oxygen and needing more care. The airport/airline lost one of our luggage, left it in Orlando, we got that on Wednesday.
And to top it all off, my father in law was diagnosed with Lymphoma this week.
As you can imagine, it's been a bit busy around here with all this plus just the normal busy-ness being a mom to three and I haven't had the chance to re-live and share my trip report. Things are settling down to atleast a routine so I plan on getting on here and sharing.
Thank you for all your patience
Can't wait to share and remember my amazing trip with all of you.

That is a he!! of a post cruise return! Keep well, take time for yourself (as I'm sure you're acting as caregiver to as many or more people than usual!) and come back when you can.

Wow! Talk about jumping, leaping back to reality. Please take care of yourself. Caregivers tend to worry more about others and put themselves last. It's in our nature.

I am heartbroken to hear of your struggles - although it sounds like the cruise itself was a successful getaway. Take care of yourself - we will be here when you are ready to share your adventures. Prayers that all is right with your world again very soon!

So sorry you are going through all that. I hope that everything works out as well as it can soon.

April 23, 2022.

Its Embarkation Day!
20220423_064304 c.jpg

I can't remember what time we woke up, but I was awake before 8 and headed down to the hotel lobby to get out luggage tags and stickers for the bus to the port. very long line, but a happy one as we were all heading to the ship. We got our luggage tagged and ready to go and had breakfast (MacDonalds breakfast sandwiches) on the balcony.
20220423_093049.jpgbye luggage, see you on the ship!
boarded the bus
20220423_101533.jpgwe kept those masks on, we were paranoid
testing was quick, they had moved over to rapid antigen tests. we watched the screen; it didn't even feel like 15 minutes and we. are. clear. to. board.

I cried (crying will continue)
SOOO very excited.
20220423_110940.jpghello Disney Fantasy!
Thru the ears
20220423_121128.jpgI cried
and we are being announced as we boarded the ship
20220423_121603 c.jpgI cried
nothing prepared me for how beautiful the atrium is.

Captain Mickey welcomed us by posing for a picture
20220423_121636~2.jpgyou guessed it, I cried
first up, safety drill.
very easy and streamlined. we were station A and had to pass lots of cast members at different stations to get to A. so fun already interacting with the cast members as the found out we weren't "their" guests. some of them seemed really sad. :rotfl2:
then we headed to Cabanas. I flipflopped a lot on Cabanas or the sit-down restaurant heading into the cruise, but we felt we made the right decision.
such yummy food
20220423_123917.jpg20220423_124440.jpgour plates aren't pretty but delicious. and yes, the three plate spread was mine :banana:
after eating we toured the ship, E was so interested and I was glad for all those hours looking over the ship deck plans. we even toured the kids club areas and happened to "meet" a new friend we had been chatting with on Facebook. we were signed up for the same excursion in Jamaica and had struck up a friendship.
20220423_130529.jpgthe view!

Next up.... staterooms are open

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel youā€™ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter