*Celebrate With Mickey Mouse!*-Update 1/1 Pg3 summary of rest of days and 1 more week

Hi everyone :)

So I hope you are all having a great monday (well, as good of a monday you can possibly have). I have just finished my first day of classes which kind of sucks after 3 months of summer (one of my favorite things about the college lifestyle) but whatever. So my mom and I were looking at menus for each of our places we are eating. Most of the palaces we are eating at are places both my mom and i have eaten at before so no matter what we read it won't impact our opinon of it. while we were reading reviews we saw many wonderful o'hana reviews (along with a couple of bad ones) and we also found mixed reviews for crystal palace. We currently have reservations for crystal palace and I was just wondering what each of you think of the restaraunt. I was also wondering what each of you think of o'hana and whether or not you would reccommend it. In both my mom and I's eyes it's one or the other so I was just wondering if you think that o'hana's is a better place to eat than crystal palace.

Continued in the Next Post

I've been to Crystal Palace, but not Ohana's. I liked Crystal Palace. It wasn't amazing like some other restaurants, but it's very nice and we were lucky enough to have very good characters last time we were there. The buffet is very nice and has some great selection. They also have the self-serve soft-serve ice cream machine, which is probably one of the best things about that buffet. So, I say it's pretty good and it's nice how at night around Wishes you sometimes can go out onto the terrace and watch from there because it's right across from the castle or watch a parade from there. I've heard many good things about Ohana's and some not so good, like I heard you have to wait for a waiter to come around and pass out Mickey Waffles. Not a good thing there :sad2: But I've never eaten there :/

Hope this helps! :-)

I've been to Crystal Palace, but not Ohana's. I liked Crystal Palace. It wasn't amazing like some other restaurants, but it's very nice and we were lucky enough to have very good characters last time we were there. The buffet is very nice and has some great selection. They also have the self-serve soft-serve ice cream machine, which is probably one of the best things about that buffet. So, I say it's pretty good and it's nice how at night around Wishes you sometimes can go out onto the terrace and watch from there because it's right across from the castle or watch a parade from there. I've heard many good things about Ohana's and some not so good, like I heard you have to wait for a waiter to come around and pass out Mickey Waffles. Not a good thing there :sad2: But I've never eaten there :/

Hope this helps! :-)

Thanks :) I was attracted to crystal palace mainly because of the characters and people said it was better than chef mickey. Then again the people who told me that don't like chef mickey's and I happen to enjoy it so i'm not so sure about that one. I do like the sound of the themeing of it (I heard it was friendship day or something like that) I basically wanted to try it so i could have the experience. I really wanted breakfest since i heard it was easily the best time of day to go their but unfortunately we could only get dinner. I still want to try it but if we do end up keeping crystal palace i would want to come back for breakfest. Both places we are considering for dinner this trip. As for ohana's my mom and I both think that looks like the better menu. We love the luau so we think it will be similar to that (I have heard many bad things about the luau as well but I happen to love it.) I want to go once again to see what all the hype is about we have heard similar reviews for both places so we aren't basing it off any official reviews.I appreciate you imput for crystal palace and i also appreciate your imput on opinons of o'hana.

yay and :welcome:, and thanks :) we are thinking about switching the crystal palace one with o'hana but we aren't sure yet. and yeah we have gone to spirit of aloha every year for probably 8 trips now. It is fantastic, I highly reccomend it! I know that the other dinner shows get a better rep but i really do enjoy the food and story here. The one thing i will say about it is that i don't care for the volcano dessert but that's ok because the food is super filling (especially with only 2 people).

I would switch it to Ohana! Of course, my next trip is going to be my first time going there, but I think we're going to like it a lot more than the CP. :goodvibes Ooooooh, you've been to the show a lot! It was great, except for the fact that during the show the lady in front of me had a very big fan that she had to wave throughout the whole show......:rolleyes1 But the food was delicious and surprisingly, I liked the dessert after reading not-so-good reviews about it! I really want to go back - maybe next July. :thumbsup2

I've only been to Crystal Palaca (no Ohana's) but I LOVED it! Every time I decide to go early to MK I ask whoever I'm going with if they want to have breakfast at CP...the food was great, the characters were fantastic, and the service is stupendous! Like I said, I went for breakfast, so I don't know if that changes things, but I think I'd only like to go for breakfast (the dinner food doesn't sound that great.) The characters spend a lot of time with you and the food really was delicious! I'm taking my family in December when we decide to all go and stay on property (we live in FL). So whatever you decide, I'm sure it'll be a great option, but for me, I think I'd def. pick CP over Ohana's.

So I have some good news about our trip :) Today my mom and I decided that we are going to change our crystal palace reservation to the morning of january 16th instead of for dinner on january 14th. We made this change for a number of reasons, the main reason was because of all the positive reviews of crystal palace for breakfast. The other reason was that neither my mom or I were attracted to the dinner menu whereas we both wanted to go there for breakfest. Now you may be wondering, why we didn't just change our reservation to breakfest. The reason for that was we already had a breakfest reservation for grand floridian and since that is one of our favorite breakfests in disney so why change something that is already good. We originally tried to get our reservation for our last day since we already had no reservations that day. However, the only time available was 8:10 in the morning and since we are having a late night the day before and we still wanted to have the last day open to eat and do whatever we decided to check out the morning of the 16th since we are only eating at sci fi for dinner at 6pm that day. So we worked our magic and got a reservation for 9:05 am on the 16th. I believe that alone calls for a happy dance :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: But wait, THERE'S MORE!!!!!! Remember how we were considering switching our crystal palace dinner with o'hana? well, we decided to still do that dinner as well, so yay!!!! We checked our dinner times for that day and found a time for 5:10 in the evening! I'm so excited that we are going to be eating early on when it isn't crazy busy. Plus we will still have time to see wishes :) :) :) :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: I am so excited that it worked to try both places :) Hopefully they will both live up to expectations

Continued in the next post

That's awesome to hear you got a CP breakfast! I can't wait to hear all about it and same with getting the Ohana's dinner in. Hope it was worth it when the trip comes around :thumbsup2

Fun Game Round 2
Hi Everyone! Hope you are all having a great labor day weekend :) ::MinnieMo I just had some time so I thought i would put in another round of things in Disney that make me happy. This week's Disney thing that makes me happy is...

Seeing my first Disney Direction Signs!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

This is something that makes me happy because as all of you have noticed, the road signs in disney have a distinct look. Seeing the seperation of the real world from the disney world is a nice thing because it is one of the first real signs of you vacation begining. Plus purple and red are such a unique combination that it prepares you for all the fun you will be having. They also help you find your way around the world which is nice. I also like that they are so straightforward.

Continued in the Next Post

Day 1- Getting there is half the fun

Hi everyone :) Hope you all have had a great labor day weekend! Mine was nice and relaxing.

ok so on our first day we are going to be leaving later than we normally do (We usually have to leave at around 4 in the morning Luckily this time we don't have to leave for the airport untill about 8-ish. I am excited about actually not having to get up before sunrise. Luckily our airport of choice is not super far from where we live (i'm not going to say which airport we are flying from for obvious reasons.)

Once we get to the airport we will do the standard check-in, get tickets, and go through security. after we get through security we usually go get some magazines for the flight, go find our gate, and then we go one a search for food. My favorite pre-flight food places are starbucks and mcdonalds.

Once we get our food we will either sit in the food court or go back to the gate and eat there. Once we are back at the gate we will prepare for the flight and the just play the waiting game. Last year i had my ipod touch with me so we played some disney world trivia to pass the time.

Hopefully that time will go by fairly quickly (I mean as quickly as it could possibly go when waiting to go to disney!!!!!) Our flight leaves around 11:30 and gets into orlando at around 3.

When we get off the plane we will get our luggage (hopefully it is quick- my most recent trip to disney we saw our luggage coming right as we were walking up to it - SCORE!!!!)

Once we get our luggage we will go and check in for a rental car (which usually is not super quick- hopefully it will be quick) When we get our rental car we will be off 2 disney!!!!!!

Last year i had a epiphany that maybe i should get directions from the airport to disney off the internet before we leave. Best decision ever!!!!!!! Normally on the drive from the airport to disney we get lost and there is usually some arguing. Last year we had none of that. so lesson learned- GET DIRECTIONS!!!!!!

Then once we have been driving for a while and we begin to wonder if we are going to right way we will see them, THE GATES OF MAGIC!!!!!!! Once these are seen we will do our usual countdown untill we get to disney and we will start screaming with joy once we are in DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh, and during the entire ride we will be listening to DISNEY MUSIC!!!!!!!

Once we get in Disney we will get to POP (our resort of choice) pretty quickly :) Once we get there we will more than likely have done online check-in so it should go pretty quickly.

Once we are done checking in we will probably have to wait for the magical text that says where our room is (if our room is ready when we check in i will more than likely be surprised!!!!!

If our room is ready then of course we will go there and put our stuff in the room and hopefully change into shorts or capris as an oppose to pants. If our room is not ready we will change in one of the bathrooms in the lobby and just keep our luggage in the car.

No matter what after checking in and getting settled we plan on either checking out DTD or mini golfing (whichever one we don't do then we will do on another day.)

If our room is ready before 6 then we will probably go back to POP and put our stuff in the room. If our room still isn't ready then we will just go straight to our next destination which is...WILDERNESS LODGE!!!!!!!! This place is my family's top resort in disney. So of course we have to go at least once in our trip. We will hopefully get there with time to look around. This resort is perfect for pictures. We also love just relaxing in here.

Once 6:30 rolls around we will check in and hopefully get seated soon. :rolleyes1 Once we check in hopefully we will have a fun server, last time we had a great server named foxy roxy. She was hillarious!!!!!

Once we have our meal there and get our s'more cupcake for the road, we will be off to the MK for extra magic hours (via boat of course). I think this trip to the MK will be focused on rides that are super fun at night (or as spongebob would say At NIIIIIGHT!!!) like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Jungle Cruise and rides at get super crowded during regular hours. EMH ends at 11pm that night so we will at that point take the boat back to wilderness lodge (where there will more than likely be even more picture taking) and head back to good old pop where are room will more than likely be ready. Once we are in the room we will unpack our bags, watch some stacey/write in trip journal and get ready for bed and then of course fall asleep.

Continued In The Next Post

Looks like you have good plans! I can't wait to see pictures of Wilderness Lodge since that's the next resort I hope to stay in (if I can't persuade my mom to go to the Poly :rolleyes2 LOL)

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I guess pre-recruitment time has eaten up anytime i would have had for a update. Luckily, I have a good chunk of time available right now so i guess I will do a update right now :)

Anyways, So I last left off with our plans for day 1. On day 2 our plan is to go to Disney's Hollywood Studios (which my mom and i STILL call Mgm studios.) I guess that name will never leave my head. Luckily I have gotten use to typing out disney hollywood studios so that shouldn't be a problem. Anyway, back to my day. So since we don't have any place we need to be for breakfest we will probably do one of two things 1) eat breakfest @ POP and then take the 5 minute drive to DHS, or 2) go to the park and have a starring rolls cupcake as our breakfest. Knowing us we will probably do option 2. No matter what we will defintely fill our mugs up with coffee/hot chocolate before leaving for the day. Once we get to disney studios (which will probably nto be @ rope drop because we just simply are not very good abotu getting up and ready on time for rope drop. We have had the occassional time where we have been up and ready for rope drop so we have been before. It just isn't a must-do thing for us. Anyway, we will get there close to opening even if we aren't there for rope drop so we will probably go straight to Toy Story Mania for fastpasses since that one doesn tend to be the most crowded ride in the park. Once we have gotten those fast passes we will probably go to sunset boulevard and check out tower of terror and rockin roller coaster. Tower of Terror has one of our family's favorite disney lines so we will probably ride it stand by at least once (last time we were there in january getting through the line wasn't horribly long except for one our first day when we came into the park around noon and people were there for the marathon. Then we will probably head over to rockin roller coaster and ride that single rider (a beautiful thing i noticed there last year when the line was insanely long. Two out of three times last year when we rode rocking roller coaster single rider it has been efficient (the third and final time the lady managing the lines as you are approaching the loading area was absolutely doing a horrible job with managing the lines). After that we will probably wander around and check out one or two smaller rides before lunch. Our lunch for that day will be at the FABULOUS 50's prime time cafe. We found that place when i was in later grade school and fell in love with it right away. I loved how crazy it was and that my mom would get in trouble for not finishing her veggies. Later on once i got older and could actually get in trouble i wasn't as crazy about that aspect of it but i still very much enjoy that atmosphere. I really want to try out that texting at the table bit i saw in Jess's TR (DisneyFreak508). I want to see what would happen there. I'm also planning on trying it out at whispering canyon since that is another place that will probably have something to say about it. lately at 50's prime time we haven't had the most outgoing severs so i am hoping that by texting We will finally have another out of a bunch of crazy 50's prime time stories. Anyway, after lunch we will probably check out the shows and use our fastpasses for toy story mania. also, for dinner we will probably check out pizza planet (at a reasonably early time because they close early :(. After eating we will probably go and watch the american idol finale from the big screen outside the building. After that we will check out tower of terror @ NIIIIIGHT (spongbob reference) about i would say 3-6 times. after that we will probably go back to our room and get some sleep to prepare for the next day.

Continued In the Next Post

Hi everyone :) Sorry about the lack of updates this past month. I had alot of stuff to do over the past few weeks and eventually forgot I was doing the PTR. Needless to say I remembered now so on with day 3 which is January 10th 2012:)

On this particular day we are going to EPCOT!!!!!! Hopefully we will go in close to park opening. We aren't rope drop people in the sense that we make sure we get up super early to get to rope drop but we do like to get there close to park opening and if we make rope drop that just makes us even happier. The first thing we will do is probably get fastpasses for soarin (which will hopefully not be a long period of time or hopefully the stand by line will be short- hey a girl can dream right?) After visiting Soarin we will probably go right on over to test track and go on the single rider line. This is something we have loved to do for years now. If a attraction has a single rider line 9 times out of 10 that line will move quickly. Test track in particular has a great single rider line. We can usually get 2-3 rides in during the time of the standby line. It really is a great invention. i highly reccomend single rider if you aren't concerned about being split up from the rest of your group. After single rider we will either head towards the imagination pavillion to visit our good friend figment or we will head back to soarin to ride and then probably get another fastpass. which ever one we don't do first we will do next. After that is done we will probably spend the rest of our day exploring world showcase. We have three and a half scheduled epcot days so one day we will probably go around world showcase and try all the food. Not sure if we will do that on this particular day or the last day of the trip. the other two days we have lunch reservations so we probably won't be eating around the world on those days. Which ever day we don't eat around the world we will probably go and try out beaches and cream at the beach club. No matter what we will hit each country and probably do some through exploring of each country. I will talk about our eat around the world challenge here even though i am not sure exactly when we will be doing that.On Disney Food Blog a few months ago one of the writers talked abotu going to each country with her children and they tried each countries different kinds of candy. My mom and i both though doing something like that sounded like fun but we knew we didn't want to eat packaged food when there were better things to eat and drink out their. We also heard alot about the infamous drinking around the world challenge but since i won't be 21 untill a few months after this trip I guess that wouldn't be a good idea to do. We both had this idea in the back of our minds that we could do something with trying different treats from around the world. Hence the idea was born. We still aren't exactly sure what each country has to offer but our guidelines are pretty simple of the qualifacations of each food item. We both decided that it had to be a fresh drink/treat. Sweet or salty is fine. we also decided we each needed to eat something in every country. Sharing is perfectly fine. We are going to be pretty felexible on those rules since each country has their own foods and customs. here were some of our ideas on what to try in each country. Please feel free to comment on my list if you have any other suggestions for any of the other countries. also please feel free to comment in general. I like being able to interact with my readers.

Mexico: Churros
Norway: My mom wants the rice pudding but i really want to try school bread!
China: This is the first country that we are having some difficulty in finding something for. I personally was thinking this is when i would try the red bean ice cream.
Germany: Carmel Shop!
Italy: There are many options here. I was personally thinking of some kind of pastry, expresso drink or gelato
America: I really wanted to skip this country but my mom insisted we had to eat something here. I personally didn't want to eat here for several reasons. the main ones being since we are already american there is no need to eat here because we know what the food is like. also the rest of the food is disney is american. Since my mom says we need to eat here we are probably just going to get a pretzel or something small and insignificant. Japan: Kaki Gori! Japan actually has some great candy options so we might break the fresh rule this one time. Kaki gori will probably win out though.
Morrocco: this one was another tough one. I think we decided that we will probably try baklava if they have it. If they don't have that then i don't know what we will have. Any suggestions here will be greatly appreciated.
France: This one was by far the easiest to think of treats for. We love getting pastries for illuminations from here so that is probably what we will do here. My mom really wants to try the grey goose slushie as well. We both agreed that the crepe stand looked great as well so maybe we will go there and save our pastries for another illuminations. Who knows what we'll do.
England: remember how i said france was the easiest? well, england is the hardest. The only fresh treat like thing we can think of is fish and chips and that is more of a meal. We might end up breaking one of our rules here but if we bend it in our mind it will be ok. If any of you know of any suggestions for england that would be great!
Canada: This one is surprisingly tricky as well. We were thinking of some kind of maple treat if they had any. any suggestions here would be great as well.
No matter how we explore world showcase that day we will end up at via napoli at 6:20 that night. I am very, very ,very, very excited about this meal! I cannot wait to try the food here! It looks like it is amazing. I personally have my eye on one of the individual mini pizzas and the zeppoles! Hopefully we will end up with a cute waiter as well but knowing my luck that probably won't happen :( After via napoli we will probably go immediately to find a spot for illuminations! we are one of those families that grabs a spot super early for the show and then we usually play about 2 games of bunco, talk to surrounding familes, and look through each of our pictures. this year since we now have iphones we will probably check our mail and facebooks as well. oh and one of us usually treks on over to france for pastries although on this particular night we probably won't do that since we will have just eaten. However, we will probably get some disney hot chocolate or coffee to sip on while waiting. After illuminations (which will probably be amazing!) the park will be closed for the night so we will probably head right on out. Like I said earlier we like to drive so hopefully our car trek won't be long. After we get back to the hotel we will probably wash up, get ready for bed, watch TV, write in trip journal and the head off to bed.

Visiting Harry

So since I have a little bit of time and soon will be super busy I will provide all of you with a wonderful update!

First of all I want to apologize for what I am about to say but on this 4th day of our trip (January 11th 2012) we will be heading to universal (aka the place that must not be named). If you understood my reference there you can probably easily figure out why I am going to universal at all. My family for as long as I could remember has been strictly Disney! My mom in particular hated the thought of leaving the disney gates part way through our trip to go to another theme park when we could just go to disney. This drove my oldest brother crazy btw because he really wanted to go to universal (he did not get the disney gene like me and my other brother (who is going to disney on his honeymoon)). point of the story is that we use to be strictly disney. That is untill Universal opened up harry potter land. yes, I am a BIG harry potter fan! I have read all the books multiple times and have seen all the movies on multiple occassions, signed up for early access to pottermore, and have gone to many midnight releases for both the books and movies. obviously i am a little obbsessed. Even though I do like disney better as a whole (obviously), I still had to take a day for my other obbsession in life. Surprisingly my mom was ok with going there! I know, huge surprise! She is also into harry potter a lot but i think in our family I take the lead! We went to Harry Potter land for the first time last january (needless to say i LOVED it!) and now I just had to go back! So anyway on this particular day we will more than likely get up very early (last year we got up around 6am). We will then proceed to get ready for the day, grab some breakfest and a hot chocolate/ coffee! Anyway, once we are all ready we will drive on down to universal! This drive doesn't typically take 2 long and is pretty easy if you have directions like we will. Once we get there we will pay for parking and go into that traffic jam leading into parking at universal. The parking lot names are pretty cute though! anyway, once we have parked the car we will take everthing we need and only everything we need (last year we learned the hard way that you should avoid bringing bags into universal at all costs!). The we will head down the universal city walk (Which I love taking pictures of!). Then eventually we will reach the islands of adventure entrance. Once we pass through the islands of adventure gates we will head straight on down to harry potter land! Once we are there we will defintely check out ollivanders, forbbiden journey, flight of the hippogriff, dragon challenge, three broomsticks, honey dukes, the triwizard show, and the frog choir. We will probably do the majority of those things multiple times. While I am on the harry potter part of my post I want to add that I highly reccomend the cauldron cake and the frozen butterbeer! both are AMAZING!!!! the cake maybe my favorite cake in the orlando area which is saying alot because of all the great cake based treats in Disney. Once we are done in WWOHP we will probably head back to disney since we don't care for the rest of universal. We might check out suess land or the city walk but for the most part i don't think we will. After we hop back into the car after our day at universal we will head back to disney and probably rest up a little bit before our dinner @ CHEF MICKEY'S!!!! I LOVE this place! I thought it would be perfect to get my mom and I back in the disney mood since last year we needed so good disney spirirt after being in the voldemort of the orlando area (I'm just kidding about that btw, it is not THAT bad. we just don't care for the universal staff). anyway, my personal things I am looking forward to most about chef mickey's is the dance party they have! I also like their food alot as well and I enjoy seeing the characters as well (yes i know they are for the kids etc but a grown up can like them right?). after chef mickeys there will definitely be some exploring of the contemporary (one of my favorite disney past times!). I love going on the monorail from there and doing a loop around as well! I also enjoy the shops and the arcade there as well! We also will probably watch wishes from the observing deck at some point as well! After we have spent a sufficent amount of time at the contemporary we will probably either go back to the hotel or visit winter land/ summer land mini golf! (hint: it will probably be option b). If we do option be we will probably choose the winter side because I personally like that theme better and I find myself feeling lucky there!

Hi everyone :) So i know this PTR isn't super popular (I'm not much of a PTR reader myself so i'm surprised i've got as many readers as i do) but i still want 2 finish it for my own sake as well as for my readers :)

so anyway, we are currently 67 days away from disney!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) I'm soooooo excited! I am already starting to think about what i'm going to bring and about each of the little things we will do on our trip like walking around disney, the transportation, the pictures, my trip journal and basically everything you don't already think about while planning :) :) :) :)

I was just wondering if anyone else knew of any place to get room decorations or if anyone had any good suggestions for room window decorations. I have seen a bunch of tr's where the people have decorated their room windows and i am hoping to do the same for a bunch of reasons. The main reason is because it is cute and adds personailty to the room and I am also hoping it makes our room easier to find. also, how do the resort staff members feel about the decorations? are their certain things they don't allow?

also, i have also see a bunch of people with those lime green mickey tags and i was wondering how those work? what do people usually do with them? and where do people usually get them? I know that some people have mentioned home depot but i was wondering if that was the only place you can get them and was also wondering where people find them in the store?

Also, I'm planning on doing a TR for my upcoming trip as well and was wondering where people get their journals from and what exactly people do with them? and my final question for all of you is how do you quote and respond to multiple people at once?

Sorry about all the questions, they all just sort of came to me as i was writing this post. I hope to get Day 5 up soon :)

I don't keep a journal for my TRs-I usually just go from memory and from looking at my pictures. We're usually too busy at the parks to write anything down!

As for responding to multiple people at one time, there's the little icon in the lower right corner of each post with the quotation marks (right next to the one that says quote). You just hit that on all the posts and it will quote all of them. :)

Hi everyone

Sorry about the lack of updates lately! Alot of things have been going on in my life recently so unfortunately i have had next to no time to update. The first thign that has happened is that my grandmother is really sick and has been for quite some time, but this time my parents have been preparing us for her death so that is what took up my time for the first chunk of time i have been gone from here (Luckily she is still alive for now but it has been really hard on all of us especially my dad). However, that alone would not be so time consuming to keep me away from here. The main thing that has kept me away from here has been school. You see, since the begining of november i have been hit by a avalanche of big papers, big tests, big projects and a bunch of stuff for my sorority. I never had enough time in between stuff to actually get anything done. Luckily tomorrow at 1pm I will be DONE WITH FINALS and my winter break can begin and i won't have to worry about that avalanche of school stuff for a while, which will be nice seeing as it is christmas and all. The last thing that has kept me away from here, and perhaps the most exciting thing in my life recently is that MY BROTHER GOT MARRIED!!!!!! Yep, you heard me correctly, after a year and a couple month's worth of family he and his now wife tied the knot a couple of weeks ago!!!! I am seriously so excited about this!!! The ceremony was beautiful and my brother was literally radiating happiness! I was a bridesmaid for this wedding and my other brother was his best man so our whole family was heavily involved in the ceremony.

So that is my "why i haven't been here speech". I apologize and plan on being back on here tomorrow when i hand in my final paper and will celebrate being done with the semester with a huge update! I will cover the rest of the days of the trip and give you a wedding update. I am also super excited because friday my mom and i are going christmas and trip shopping and i have a bunch of dis based knowledge i can't wait to apply to our trip so just because i am going to finish the days of the trip doesn't mean i won't have fun disney stuff to share. My brother and sister in law are actually going to be in disney for their honeymoon in a week and a half as well so maybe i can share some stuff about that as well. PLEASE COMMENT if you have any fun things for either my mom and i or my brother and sister in law to try. I am trying to drum up as many readers as possible for these next few weeks leading up to our trip.

Day 5 plan

I don't keep a journal for my TRs-I usually just go from memory and from looking at my pictures. We're usually too busy at the parks to write anything down!

As for responding to multiple people at one time, there's the little icon in the lower right corner of each post with the quotation marks (right next to the one that says quote). You just hit that on all the posts and it will quote all of them. :)

Thanks for the tips :) I have been wondering about both of those things for a while now

Hi Everyone :) I'mmmmmm baaaaccccckkkkk :)

So when we last left off with this TR we were going on to Day 5. On this particular day we are hoping to go 2 Animal Kingdom :) We will be going to a breakfest ADR at Boma's that morning which is something i am looking forward 2 :) I have only eaten their for breakfest since it fits in nicely with how we tour animal kingdom. The staff their has been pleasent every time we have been their which is nice :) The food is also pretty good. My favorite thing about eating their though is walking about the interior and exterior of the resort. Everything is so amazing! we would probably never stay at AKL because of other deluxe resorts that have higher priority and our preference for value resorts. I am hoping this trip to also be able to make a trek to the Mara and try those coveted ZEBRA DOMES!!!!! after being at AKL we will then travel to animal kingdom. now, animal kingdom is probably our families least favorite of the disney theme parks. maybe it is because we aren't generally fans of wild animals and nature in general but while we do like animal kingdom and always make time to go there one day of our trip, we don't feel the same emotional bond towards it like we do for the other disney theme parks. This pretty much always contributes to us making our animal kingdom day a half day @ animal kingdom, a couple of hours at the pool, and then spending our night at either the poly or the contemporary for dinner and fully enjoying those resorts to a extent. At animal kingdom we always make sure we ride exhibition everest on multiple occassions (thank you for the single rider line EE!!!!), dinosaur (I love this ride despite the fact i get freaked out on it everytime i go on it- only ride at disney that i get freaked out on, no idea why :confused3), prmeival whril (Tilt-a-whril combined with a rollercoaster= :love:), Killimanjaro safari (One of the most amazing rides in AK), and it's tough to be a bug (love the show and the walk through the tree of life!). One a warm day we also like to hit up kali river rapids as well (since we are going in january i doubt we will be on that ride this trip). This year i am also hoping to check out festival of the lion king and my mom and i want to try that new chicken place in i think the africa section? Usually we are done in the park by 3 or 3:30. Since we have a luau reservation for 5:15 we will probably just wash up and change before heading to the poly :). I absolutely LOVE the spirit of aloha dinner show! It has been a staple amongst my mom, brother and i for years! My brother and his wife are actually going to be going there on their first night in disney so i am super duper excted for them. They have a section of the show where honey mooners and other people celebrating anniversaries can go up on the stage for the hula! I am looking forward to hearing about their reactions to everything! anyway, back to the trip at hand, the food at the show is great! I actually like the meal better than the dessert here, which is unusual for anyone who knows me! The service here is AMAZING!!!!! and the show while kind of corny is also great as well! the fire guy for us is ALWAYS named david (like in lilo and stich). actually the guys name isn't really david- we just always call him that! It is just all around a great experience in a great setting. After the show we are hoping to catch wishes from the polynesian beach! once that is done we will probably do one of these three things: head back to the hotel and either swim or go 2 bed, visit winter/summerland mini golf, or head to downtown disney. It really depends on what we have already done on our touring list and what we feel like at the time. No matter wha we do we will defintely spend time looking around the poly and take lots of pictures! I love spending time in this resort! Once we are done for the night we will then head off 2 bed.

Hi everyone,

Yes, i am updating super close together and for that i apologize, i am just trying to make up for lost time so expect many a update these next few days. In this particular update i would like to give you a real life update :) as i mentioned yesterday, a big thing in my families lives has been my brother's wedding. My whole family was involved in the process. I was a bridesmaid, one brother was the groom, my other brother, who is actually the oldest kid in the family, was the best man and my parents were involved in all the activities required of the groom's parents. My brother got married at the begining of the month so i would like to share a some pictures of the happy occassion:

img1984i.jpg

My nails (left) and my mom's nails (right) soon after our pre-wedding manicures

img2012i.jpg

we have this chocolate shop about a half hour from where we live that has some of the MOST AMAZING CHOCOLATE EVER!!!!! Like seriously it is the most amazing chocolate ever! We found out they make wedding favors so we ordered these for the rehearsal dinner.

img2010s.jpg

We ordered this cake from jewel mainly for decoration and to display the cake proudly!
img2009c.jpg

The rehearsal dinner room

img1985h.jpg

the chocolate pop and glass flowers made for the guests

img1987ob.jpg

the happy couple the day before their wedding

p1090240k.jpg

We had the rehearsal dinner @ Hackney's and the restaraunt we were at had a christmas display out for restaraunt patrons to enjoy, guess who made an appearence?

img2023pz.jpg

my hair (back)

img2022v.jpg

My hair (side)

img2027h.jpg

me in my bridesmaid dress

p10902882.jpg

my mom and i before the ceremony

p1090308q.jpg

during the ceremony #1

scan113380011.jpg

during the ceremony #2

img2031rt.jpg

The now officialy married couple

scan113380006.jpg

bridal party pic #1

scan113380027.jpg

our family

scan113380016.jpg

the wedding cake

scan113380023.jpg

the best man speech

scan113380044.jpg

the couple's first dance

p1090331l.jpg

the mother of the groom dance

scan113380018.jpg

me and my brothers

screenshot20111205at710.png

the couple got a photobooth for the guests to enjoy during the reception. my cousins and my godmother are the other three people in this photo

screenshot20111205at711.png

my mom and i in the photobooth

All in all it was a great wedding and a great success! My brother and his wife will actually be in disney in about a week from now for theri honeymoon, so this does pertain to disney as well :)

Hi everyone :)

So a very exciting moment in the pre-disney trip world happened today :) We got our luggage tags, extra vouchers for mini golf, the arcade and various restaraunts around disney and a photopass card that we could use to pre-register for deals on picture packages :) <3 I'm am super psyched! Tomorrow we will be at the 3 weeks till disney mark and i couldn't possibly be more excited and impatient for the trip to just come already!

Since i am here right now i thought i would provide you with another nice update. i believe i am now at day 6 which has us at EPCOT for the day :) We are going to be having lunch at le cellier this day which i am super duper excited 4! we absolutely love this restaraunt and always have a intense early morning booking session as soon as we possibly can book just to make sure we get this meal! We LOVE the fillet! I am also possibly seeing this as a day for some massive world showcase viewing and maybe we can try a KP mission or decorate a duffy stick or visit international gateway or eat around the world or maybe just traditionally view world showcase. this is a extra magic hour night for epcot so i am really looking forward to being in epcot AAAATTT NNNNIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTTT!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Sorry i have been awful about updating this but since my trip is exactly a week from today we are going to BE IN DISNEY @ THE MAGIC KINGDOM :) :) :) :) I am super excited to be going. I will try my hardst to update with info on preparing for our trip everyday between now and when we leave. Today I am going to a quick post on our plans for the rest of the trip. Also before i post the rest of the plans I want to say that i got my lime green mickeys that i hope to use as a carry on tag on my carry on luggage. I'm sooooo psyched!

1/13/12: Le Cellier (lunch), Epcot (all day and Extra Magic Hours)

1/14/12: 1900 park fare (breakfest), Ohana (Dinner), Magic Kingdom ( All day)

1/15/12: Magic Kingdom (all day and extra magic hours), Cinderella castle (lunch)

1/16/12: Crystal Palace (Breakfest), Disney Studios (all day and EMH), Sci Fi (Dinner)

1/17/12: Coral Reef (Lunch), Epcot (all day)

1/18/12: Epcot and heading back home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter