CDN DISer's ~ Scrapbooking

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! I have been dabbling in scrapbooking for a while. Last week I went to my first Creative Memories Scrapbook Party. I am totally hooked now! There is a great scrapbook store called Cherished Scrapbook. There is one in Mississauga and one in Thornhill. I also found a Buck of Two Store that sells awesome Disney stickers, scrapbook boarders and 12x12 Disney paper. I bought a paper set of Mickey's House and the 100 acres woods!

Any one else into scrapbooking? S

Isn't that a great store! They've got a much bigger selection than Michael's! I use to drive out to Mississauga to buy my supplies (and stop by Krispy Kreme for some donuts) ... but now that they've got a store in Thornhill, its much closer! That store's also quite close to the Krispy Kreme in Thornhill too :p

I've been looking for the Mickey's House paper ... I'll have to check out the Buck or Two near me!

Hi Sandra I also went to a creative memories party and got hooked. A friend gave me some stuff for Christmas but once I went to the Party I was hooked . The Buck or Two is a great place to get stickers and pens. I also found a store in Newmarket called Scrap4Fun on Bayview. Have fun scrapping. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

The Buck or Two Store has 12x12 Disney paper for 75 cents! That's about 25-50% less expensive as Cherished Scrapbook. It's the same paper. I just spent a few hours working on my book. I am starting with Magic Kingdom. I completed Main Street USA (Town Square and Castles), Tomorrowland and I am working on Toontown now. I will be teaching a "Scrapbook for Kids" in the Fall, the age group will be about 9-13 year old kids. I'm good enough to teach kids, but I want to get great enough to teach adults and have crop nights at my house. I am hooked! S

I'm also a scrapper-been hooked for a few years now! I scrap for myself-have done several albums and have recently started selling page kits on ebay! I am also trying to work something out with local scrap store to sell my items there-she likes my work so just need to figure out all the little details! I have just recently started a yahoo group for those of us who sell scrap items on ebay! Here is the link to my current ebay auctions-excuse the jumbo pictures-couldn't make them any small-well I could but didn't have time!!

Grover in Winnipeg
:)

Here is the link to ebay,you click again on each of the three auctions for a better view
http://cgi6.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...=scrappinggrover&sort=2&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1

Beautiful work Grover! How do you tear the paper so it looks so lovely? Thanks, Sandra

No special techinque I just tear it! Some people like to use a wet qtip and draw a line where they want to tear but I don't find that is necessary. You will also get to know which papers tear better than others! I like to use heavy cardstock for tearing.
Grover in Winnipeg
:)

I am enjoying all the new techniques I've been learning! Chalking and embossing interests me too! I'll have to attend more workshops. I would love to learn as much as possible and have crop nights at my house three times a month, one morning, one afternoon and one night. Right now I like using designed scissors, frames, stickers and different backgrounds. I notice I am getting better with each page. I enjoy journalling. I thought about becoming a CMC but I think that would be too limiting for me. Right now I use stencils and a good pair of scissors instead of expensive CM cutting system. What cutting system do you use? Thanks! S

After seeing Timon's web page with her scrapping last week, I've been so interested in it. Believe it or not, I'd heard about "these" scrapbooks, seen paper, etc. but never really seen one. So off I went to Michaels & then to a local scrapping store (it's 5000 sf & has tons of stuff) and signed up for a beginner class (which I took last Tuesday). I've started buying stuff (it's really expensive though isn't it?...I figure a 70 page WDW album at ~$3-$5/page is a pretty expensive souvenir). Anyway, I'm going to start with a family reunion album, then do DS's graduation album from last June & then hopefully our trip to WDW for DD's 16th Bday. It;s really exciting and looks so fun but to be honest with you, I'm still not sure how to start. I've been putting it off (even though I've bought some supplies & tools) so I'm thinking of heading over to the local store this afternoon to buy the rest of what I need and actually get started on an album tonight. :eek:

I love how creative I can be with scrapbooking. I take the picture, crop the picture, pick the accessories, captions, journalling. It's all up to me! I love it!

After the kids and I finished our March Break adventure day, we went to a different Buck or Two store and they had Disney 12x12 paper and giant scrapbook stickers. The paper at the Scrapbook Store is at least $1.00. At the Buck or Two store I usually go to, it's 75 cents. The new store I tried today, it was 50 cents. I bought 22 sheets. I bought new Minnie and Daisy big stickers too. See www.sandylion.com and go to their scrapbook section, that's the paper and stickers I have. Sandylion has a warehouse in Markham, but I called and they don't carry the scrapbook lines DRATS! I'm glad I called, I would have been really freaked to drive 45 minutes for NO scrapbook stuff.

I have one class tonight, then I think I'm off to Cherished Scrapbook.

We should have a DISNEY CROP SESSION! What do you think? S

I've been to the Sandylion sticker warehouse ... its a little expensive only because they want you to buy stuff in bulk. They do have a lot of 2 for $1 sticker sheets. They do have a couple of scrapbook items the last time I was there... but in my opinion if you have to drive a long distance to get there, its not really worth it.

Got a question scrapping question I'll ask here first ... what's the best way to attach the 12x12 paper to the scrapbook? I bought some patterned 12x12 paper and I stuck all my photos to it. Should I glue to the pages in my scrapbook or use eyelets? I usually just glue photos onto the scrapbook pages itself... I hope that makes sense :p If not, I'll just post it to the scrapbook board...

A crop sounds like fun! I'd love to see some of the other pages everyone is working on.

Thanks for the heads up on the Sandylion warehouse. I can get 2 of $1 stickers at any Dollar Store. I have two methods of placing 12x12 paper in my scrapbook. If I am using another patterned paper on the next page, I just put the white side of both patterned pages back to back. Since I use clear plastic protectors on every page, the back to back patterned pages are strong enough to support each other. If I can get away with not using a plain white sheet on the back I try to do that. It saves $$$$$. Sometimes I can't because there is writing on the back of the patterned sheet and I can't cover it up. The plastic protector sheets are great. I don't use glue anymore, instead I use scrapbook tape, in the one-handed dispenser. I use just a little tape. It sticks well, but I can move around the pictures easliy too if I want. Again, the plastic protectors help a lot. I like the 12x12 books, but I think I'll try the smaller books after finish with the two scrapbooks I have going now.

We need to recruit a lot of scrappers and have a DISmeet/Scrapbook Crop ~ Cherished Scrapbook has parties! I can also book the Art Centre I go to for a crop night, it's in Milton.

S

Being a teacher, I love Sandylion. But FYI, they do not sell the licensed stickers at their warehouse. Sandra did you get your papers in the "craft" area of Buck or Two?

I got the Disney paper and other 12x12 paper in the sticker area. There was a huge display of Disney scrapbook stickers on the top half of the display and the bottom half of the display was the paper. I just got back from Cherished Scrapbook shop and they have the same stickers for $2.99, I paid $2.00. I bought 50 cent Disney paper (12x12) today at the Buck or Two store, the same paper is $1.00 at Cherished Scrapbook. I can't believe how $$$$$$ this stuff is, but I love doing it! S

Thanks for the tip Sandra! I use the scrapbook protectors too. They're easy to wipe off in case someone gets some stuff on them... :p I'm going over to another Buck or Two store later this week to see what they have. I've been to the store near my house and I grabbed a bunch of stickers and papers... I think the paper is a great deal!! If I had known how much money I would be spending on supplies, I never would have started ... *lol*

Hi ~ I know what you mean about $$$$. After buying 120+ Disney pins recently, I can't believe I am spending more money on a hobby. However, I think this hobby will turn into a business op for me. It's a natural progression. I teach children's art classes three mornings a week and my background is in the arts. I will be teaching a "Scrapbooking for Children/Teens" workshop this Fall. I love the idea of crop nights in my house. When I talk to women who attend crop nights they tell me that they enjoy the friendships they build. I think crop nights are more than scrapbooking, it's building the bond of women. And I am all for that! I am learning more and more everyday (and it's costing me more and more!). My next step is to get into embossing and embellishing. Chalking looks interesting too. Once I am confident that I can teach adults and have enough supplies to go around I will start crop nights in my house. Last April I spent $300 on our Disney photos (albums, film, developing). So scrapbooking is only a little more money that just putting photos in albums. I did two more pages last night. We are going away tomorrow until Friday ~ I think I'll miss my scrapbooking LOL! S

OK everyone...how did you get started on your first page? I've spent almost $400 on tools & supplies :eek: but I'm still afraid to get started. I even took a beginner's class at the local scrapping store. I've purchased 2 Creative Keepsakes Scrapbook Magazines (The Big Idea Book of Disney Memories and the 2000 Scrapbook Idea Book) but I'm just so nervous about starting. Is it normal to be so nervous...were you all happy with your first pages or should I expect to re-do them? I'm hoping to get started tonight so I need some encouragement :D . Thanks.

I think the best way is to pick a theme :) ... My first page was an intro/title page for Epcot. Pick a couple of pictures that you'd like to use and then just arrange them in different ways on the page. I find the first pages are always the hardest ... but once you get into it... it will be easier to think of layouts. I'm having problems with my digital camera, otherwise I would show you some of my pages.

These are two sites that let people post their scrapbook layouts... Have a look, maybe you'll get some ideas :p

http://www.dmarie.com
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com

My two daughters received sb kits this past Christmas and are addicted now. They have been doing books about their friends and have recently been working on books about their schools production of Grease a few weeks ago. I have to admit, I'm tempted, but right now have too much on my plate to get involved. Maybe next winter.

Hopefully both Sandra and Grover will have exciting business opportunities from their new found hobby. You know they always say "Find something you love then try to find a way to make money from it"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!