Tracking Cruising Restart: News and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CDC's cruise restart Operations Manual now says that vaccinated passengers are not required to wear masks outside, except in crowded spaces, while unvaccinated passengers still must, including while sunbathing on lounge chairs spaced six feet apart and between bites and sips during outdoor meals.

The CDC's ban on independent shore exploration for all passengers was changed from being a requirement to a recommendation, whether passengers are vaccinated or not. It now says that cruise lines may advise passengers and crew that if they are fully vaccinated, "they may engage in self-guided or independent exploration during port stops if they wear a mask while indoors."

Info above from Travel Weekly link below:
https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/CDC-cruise-regulations-masks-shore-excursions

https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-a/news/6110/?sr=1&sd=2

Last edited:
Has any of the CDC's guidance specifically mentioned if any regulations they have released apply to children? Or should we all assume they are the same across the board? What was the guidance from the CDC in the UK that led DCL to not require, but recommend masks for children 10 and under?

And how do you know that person not wearing mask is vaccinated? Unless I personally know them, I would have doubts.
I wonder if this is going to lead to, at least when cruises initially resume, to requiring vaccines for people over the age of 18.

The CDC's cruise restart Operations Manual now says that vaccinated passengers are not required to wear masks outside, except in crowded spaces, while unvaccinated passengers still must, including while sunbathing on lounge chairs spaced six feet apart and between bites and sips during outdoor meals.

Most likely due to the language barrier, the structure of this sentence is a little bit confusing to me.

Does that mean that vaccinated passengers do NOT have to wear masks while sunbathing nor between bites and sips during outdoor meals?

I wonder what defines "crowded".

Certainly on the pool deck is what I call crowded, but it's outdoors, so mask required or not?

And how do you know that person not wearing mask is vaccinated? Unless I personally know them, I would have doubts.
If you’re vaccinated it doesn’t matter if they are or not.

Certainly on the pool deck is what I call crowded, but it's outdoors, so mask required or not?

Hypothesis: Anywhere you cannot keep a 6ft distance between you and someone that isn’t from your own travel party.

Unless they create some sort of bracelet to differentiate crowds (which doesn’t sound ethical at all), my guess is that it will be simpler to just mandate vaccines.

Most likely due to the language barrier, the structure of this sentence is a little bit confusing to me.

Does that mean that vaccinated passengers do NOT have to wear masks while sunbathing nor between bites and sips during outdoor meals?

I do enjoy a run on sentence with abundant punctuation, but I agree that the punctuation for this sentence is problematic.

But can't the cruise lines still make their own rules, such as requiring vaccinations of all passengers?

Where does it say this? Last time that phrase was used it turned out to be misinformation from confused people.

I would bet that the cruise lines come up with a way to identify those not vaccinated. While *I* might not know who is not vaccinated, I bet that *they* will know and I am also willing to bet that considering the potential nightmare associated with a COVID outbreak on board, they keep close tabs on the non vaccinated to be sure they are masked etc.

The CDC should also update their guidance for children. Children are already several times less likely to get or spread Covid. It isn't easy to find the data, but I wouldn't be surprised if a child is more protected then a vaccinated adult. A 2 year old should not need a mask outdoors.

In case anyone is wondering why their posts were deleted attacks on LGBTQIA+ will never be tolerated here. Several that quoted the post were also removed in order to get it off the boards - apologies for the collateral damage.

Last edited:
The CDC should also update their guidance for children. Children are already several times less likely to get or spread Covid. It isn't easy to find the data, but I wouldn't be surprised if a child is more protected then a vaccinated adult. A 2 year old should not need a mask outdoors.

Eh. I don't know about that. I mean, just looking at the data released today, blue is 12-15 year olds vaccinated and the red is the placebo group. They are definitely getting infections. Perhaps someone will graph this on top of the 16+ vaccine graph. It would be interesting to see a side-by-side. (This should probably be in the vaccine discussion thread....)

Attachments

• 183121403_298111905144799_6799076082264150267_n.png
    183121403_298111905144799_6799076082264150267_n.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter