CDC Notifies States, Large Cities To Prepare For Vaccine Distribution As Soon As Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.
In random news in my county: "all educators who want to receive the COVID-19 vaccine have gotten their first dose. Since the county began vaccinating school staff at the beginning of February, 15,000 educators and child care workers have received the first of two shots."

1 of the 3 big school districts in the county sent middle and high school kids back full time March 1st. The other 2 will do so later this month.

I have a coworker who tested positive today. The week after some of us got first doses of the vaccine, her included. She was fine yesterday, but got a high fever and aches literally overnight. I’m trying not to be paranoid, since I know immunity is not immediate after vaccination, but it’s so frustrating. We’ve made it a year, and are so close to hopefully better days, but now my anxiety is high again. :guilty::guilty:

Good news, my husband got his first Moderna shot Tuesday. Bad news, my 20-something son who lives with us tested positive today. Congested, tired, and lost taste and smell. I am fully vaccinated but hope my husband has enough coverage to prevent severe illness if he catches it. He is 50s and has no health issues but is essential.

Good news, my husband got his first Moderna shot Tuesday. Bad news, my 20-something son who lives with us tested positive today. Congested, tired, and lost taste and smell. I am fully vaccinated but hope my husband has enough coverage to prevent severe illness if he catches it. He is 50s and has no health issues but is essential.

I'm betting your husband has some protection at this point. I hope he's ok and that your son feels better soon! Your story is a good reminder that Covid is still a serious threat.

Go to a clinic in your area that offers both Covid AND antibody tests. Have him take both. ASAP.

The state of Tennessee is open for business! Please come for Spring Break says our horrible, awful, no good, very bad plumber governor.

Go to a clinic in your area that offers both Covid AND antibody tests. Have him take both. ASAP.

What is an antibody test useful for in this situation at this time? That’s not going to do any good. The son just got tested positive. If it spread to the father, an antibody test likely won’t provide any meaningful response yet.

The COViD tests (either PCR or rapid antigen) typically will not be accurate until about 5 days minimum after exposure. People are infectious about 48 hrs prior to symptom onset. having an antibody test 2 days after getting his first vaccine will honestly not be helpful since it takes more time than that to develop antibodies—in Pfizer studies they started seeing more of a split between placebo group incidence and vaccine group about 12 days after the first dose. But fingers crossed he doesn’t get it!

Today's US cases fall to 62,700 from last Thursday's 68,600, the 7 day avg falls to 56,900 from last Thursday's 65,500. Deaths fall from 2,300 last Thursday to 1,600 today.

Cases on Thursdays in 2021:

1/1: 225,000
1/8: 308,000
1/15: 249,000
1/22: 196,000
1/29: 172,000
2/5: 134,000
2/12: 105,000
2/19: 84,000
2/26: 81,000
3/4: 68,000
3/11: 62,000

7 day US vaccination avg hits 2.23M, an all-time high.

Sources:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/

Many colleges in the Northeast have canceled spring break for their students. I know my 2 who go to different schools will not have a spring break this year. Instead they get random Wednesdays off so that they will not go home. So mine will not be Spring Breaking this year.

Many colleges in the Northeast have canceled spring break for their students. I know my 2 who go to different schools will not have a spring break this year. Instead they get random Wednesdays off so that they will not go home. So mine will not be Spring Breaking this year.

This makes sense. It's been a long year (+) for all of us. The next few months are critical....the more people we can vaccinate before everyone tries to jump back into their pre-2020 type lives, the more likely we'll have less potholes in the road going forward. And right now, even if states are saying....we're wide-open.....it makes me feel a bit better than certain cities, counties, school, industries and businesses are putting speed bumps in place now, so we can hopefully avoid issues down that road.

Probably the final piece of the puzzle to fall into place will be the cruise line industry. They are probably the most optimistic board on this site .....and Chapek threw some cold water on those plans earlier this week when he said that DCL may begin limited cruising by the fall of 2021..."with some luck". I don't think Disney has officially cancelled cruises for the summer of 2021....except they just did.

So I'm all for speed bumps now to avoid crater-sized pot holes in the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter