CDC Notifies States, Large Cities To Prepare For Vaccine Distribution As Soon As Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. My mom and aunt just went to Javits Center in NYC for shots and it was assisted by National Guard. They said it was a great experience and very easy. In and out in 30 minutes. Made the follow-up appt and no complaints. Not even pain in the arm. We joked saying did you really get it?!
How were the crowds? Is that one of the locations that’s 24/7?

How were the crowds? Is that one of the locations that’s 24/7?
Yes it is 24/7 but it’s still an appointment only location. Appointments are still hard to come by for it. I’ve tried to get family members appointments there and its limited for the next 14 weeks.

We have a lot of that here in my southern state. People being harassed for wearing masks in stores, unmasked people purposefully crowding masked shoppers, people purposefully coughing on people. The county health department was vandalized and the mayors home was vandalized this week...part of our citizens here are very vocal with their interesting views 🙄
I've only been harassed by avid Maskers. I wore one when I couldn't distance before they were required. Now some will still rant at you across the parking lot. They feel we must coverup outdoors no matter if you are 10 or 50 feet away.

I've only been harassed by avid Maskers. I wore one when I couldn't distance before they were required. Now some will still rant at you across the parking lot. They feel we must coverup outdoors no matter if you are 10 or 50 feet away.
Guy I know in California was walking his dog alone in the woods. Not another person in site. He came out of the woods at a road and a car drove by. The driver rolled down the window and said “put your mask on!”

Yes it is 24/7 but it’s still an appointment only location. Appointments are still hard to come by for it. I’ve tried to get family members appointments there and its limited for the next 14 weeks.
I was in the same situation trying to get them appointments and I randomly got through on the phone this past Monday night. Up to that point the phone line actually didn't work. Maybe the man I had was extra helpful, but he was able to get those quick appointments! I was shocked! I expected April or something out in the future.

My suggestion is to keep trying and call - there was nothing showing online but the guy clearly was able to get me 2 appointments that I was unable to see on my end.

I was in the same situation trying to get them appointments and I randomly got through on the phone this past Monday night. Up to that point the phone line actually didn't work. Maybe the man I had was extra helpful, but he was able to get those quick appointments! I was shocked! I expected April or something out in the future.

My suggestion is to keep trying and call - there was nothing showing online but the guy clearly was able to get me 2 appointments that I was unable to see on my end.
You have to approach it exactly like Disney Dining! :)

I mean, we were made for this! We are all crazy planners. I was a lunatic checking all the sites, local health depts, but it paid off eventually!
My mom just kept hitting refresh on her pharmacy's website until an appointment. It was for a location 30 miles away and it was weeks out. So she accepted the appointment and kept hitting refresh. She finally landed on one a mile from her house TOMORROW.

I managed to get appointments for both my in-laws tomorrow. It was far more difficult than the ones I got for my parents. Spots opened up at exactly 10 am yesterday so of course the server crashed. They fixed it at 1:13 pm and sent out a tweet that it would accept appointments at 1:15. Luckily I had Twitter notifications on, watched the second hand on my watch, logged in, and exactly at 1:15 scored.

I feel for any elderly person who isn’t computer savvy. Without assistance I feel that they are at a big disadvantage.

Guy I know in California was walking his dog alone in the woods. Not another person in site. He came out of the woods at a road and a car drove by. The driver rolled down the window and said “put your mask on!”

I've encountered a few of those too. I wear my mask anywhere indoors, and in outdoor settings where I'm likely to end up in relatively close proximity to others. But I've had a few people yell from passing cars as I was walking down an empty sidewalk or sitting at our (deserted, because it is winter in Michigan) beach. There seems to be a subset on both ends of the continuum that is losing their minds lately.

I think the FDA will award the EUA to the J&J vaccine candidate in a much shorter time frame than 2 weeks. That vaccine uses well established delivery system so it doesn't require such scrutiny to review the safety data. Likely, they will be focused on the efficacy data, as safety data for that type of vaccine is already available.

So I tried this weekend to get appointments for my parents on three different phones. Of course, all appointments gone. Got through to find out one day was Moderna vaccines, another day was Pfizer. But, it doesn't tell you on the first page. You have to get all the way to the end. What's the use of that when you have to try in 3-4 weeks to get another appointment for the second dose? Shouldn't it be on the first page before you click to try to set up an appointment?

This is at a county run vaccination clinic so maybe they save doses for people who have already had the first dose? Nothing I've read on their site actually says that though...and the questions it asks inquires about whether this is the first or second dose...so I'm thinking not.

I've already checked the local grocery stores too...cuz some of those pharmacies are also getting them. Im hoping that our HMO will get them too, so we can just make appointments through them...

Ok, rant over.

So I tried this weekend to get appointments for my parents on three different phones. Of course, all appointments gone. Got through to find out one day was Moderna vaccines, another day was Pfizer. But, it doesn't tell you on the first page. You have to get all the way to the end. What's the use of that when you have to try in 3-4 weeks to get another appointment for the second dose? Shouldn't it be on the first page before you click to try to set up an appointment?

This is at a county run vaccination clinic so maybe they save doses for people who have already had the first dose? Nothing I've read on their site actually says that though...and the questions it asks inquires about whether this is the first or second dose...so I'm thinking not.

I've already checked the local grocery stores too...cuz some of those pharmacies are also getting them. Im hoping that our HMO will get them too, so we can just make appointments through them...

Ok, rant over.

So here in NY you schedule your appointment for the second dose while you are waiting the 15 minutes. The second dose is separate from first doses. My aunt and her husband in Arizona were sent an email link to make their second dose appointments. My aunt was her husband's plus one and is scheduled for a different day than him but she is going to go with him again and hopefully get it taken care of when he gets his. I know that a one size fits all approach will not work for all states but I really think the pharmacies should be playing a much larger role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!