CCI or PPH standard view 1st timers

Magalex

DIS Veteran
We are planning our first visit to DL for July 5th-12th. I am so excited now that Southwest has their flights listed for summer. It is such a big decision with the choice between the smaller motels across the street vs the 3 DL hotels. We have one 12 yr old DS. Any thoughts for the first visit on-site or a good neighbor hotel? It is all about Disney for us. We have one day planned for a OC beach tour.

Your first trip to Dland. How exciting! Well I am a sucker for the full Disney immersion experience and all the little benefits of staying at a Disney hotel (i.e., early entry every day or one year they offered a free extra fastpass), so when we can afford it we stay at on-site. But when funds are tighter, CCI is our go to place as it is a v good motel (quiet, clean, close enough to walk but has a frequent shuttle too, nice staff, breakfast included). You are planning so far in advance at this point it is hard to make a choice as you do not know now what kinds of summer hotel pricing Disney will offer in 2013 or what kind of special perks they are going to offer hotel guests. Without that it's hard to know if the extra cost of staying on-site is worth it to you or even exactly how much more it will cost. You could just wait until spring to book, or if you want to do it now you could make reservations at both and hold onto those dual reservations through the spring until you can find out what the on-site summer hotel promos will be. Then you can just cancel the reservation you don't want at that time. (Of course be aware of the cancellation policies attached to your reservations so that you make a decision in enough time to avoid penalty.) I usually book my on-site vacation through AAA and have found that if I make a reservation for an on-site hotel and the price drops subsequently, I can call and get the lower price applied to our reservations. CCI I have just booked direct. Either way, you will be in good lodgings and will have a great trip.

We've never stayed onsite and always stay at CCI and love it. We would rather stay a week at CCI than several days onsite for the same price. But since you already are staying a week, maybe that's in your budget. You have to decide if the extra hour in the morning is worth it to you. And it might be since this is your first visit and you want to make it extra special. :goodvibes You may also want to compare prices with DLH. You may find that since you are paying that much to stay onsite anyway, the extra to stay at DLH may be worth it. They have just done a lot of work on the DLH and from what I've seen, it is really nice. Probably the most "Disney" of the 3 hotels.

We have stayed at both. I would say Paradise Pier for sure! Your 12 year old will love the water slide, and it is more fully disney, from the goofy statue in the lobby to the shampoo bottles with mickey heads. It is also possible that you will be upgraded at the front desk. If not, the standard rooms are great! Enjoy your first trip!

Thanks for all the replies!!! We are making our airlines reservation first but I will make resort reservations by the beginning of the year. I like to make reservations in the winter for summer vacation because it is easier to budget for the months ahead. :cool1::hourglass

We are planning our first visit to DL for July 5th-12th. I am so excited now that Southwest has their flights listed for summer. It is such a big decision with the choice between the smaller motels across the street vs the 3 DL hotels. We have one 12 yr old DS. Any thoughts for the first visit on-site or a good neighbor hotel? It is all about Disney for us. We have one day planned for a OC beach tour.

PPH for sure. We are also about the Disney experience. When possible we always stay on property. I never have to worry about cleanliness, quality of the room and ammenities. Not to mention the quality of the staff, I have never had a bad expeirnce with a CM when staying at a Disney resort hotel or villa.

We booked a stay for some first-timers at the Candy Cane last year, and they absolutely loved it. They did see the on property hotels, but their experience at the CCI was so great that they still talk about it and plan to return. Super friendly and helpful staff, great shuttle drivers, great customer service. Can't ask for more than that!

We booked a stay for some first-timers at the Candy Cane last year, and they absolutely loved it. They did see the on property hotels, but their experience at the CCI was so great that they still talk about it and plan to return. Super friendly and helpful staff, great shuttle drivers, great customer service. Can't ask for more than that!

Great to know! My DH is a big fan of small businesses with understanding customer service & friendly employees. Plus it is nice to hear if it is not in our budget to go with a more deluxe hotel it won't deter against our first visit to DL to stay at a smaller motel.

We just went for our first time and stayed at PPH and was totally in love! We did get upgraded to a one bedroom theme park view suite. But that wasn't the only reason we loved it, but now we kind of ruined it because we will only stay on-site from now on.

:confused3 Lol not sure. We booked everything through the Disney website and made sure to bring up that it's our families 1st trip ever to DL in every conversation, email, reservation etc. We were super excited for our trip and i wanted to make sure I relayed that feeling onto every CM I had contact with. Of course I have no idea if that did anything, i'm sure it was just pure luck.

We've stayed at CCI many times & at DLH and GCH multiple times thought the years of visiting DLR. We've never stayed at PPH.

When I travel with my DH & kids we typically stay onsite. When I travel with my mom, we've always stayed at CCI - she loves the small motel w/ free breakfast and shuttle.

If I being totally honest, I would have to say that I prefer staying onsite because I love the total immersion of Disney (and the resort guest perks for EMH). But, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at CCI - it's a great choice if you don't want to pay the onsite rates.

Whatever you decide - you will be at DL! Have a great trip!

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter