CBR Worst Case Scenario For Distance From Food Court

JMHO, we have stayed at CBR four times and I would NEVER want to stay in Trinidad South.

As it seems with previous posts....I think it is how you feel about walking...distance from food court, etc.

Our family likes to walk, but after a day at the park, walking that far to the foodcourt would have been an issue. In addition, I can't tell you the amount of times someone forgot something in the room and while we were in the foodcourt having breakfast...had to "run" back and get it.

We did take "strolls" around the property, but that was during our relaxing times.

Another thing to consider is that the Port Royale is like the "lobby"....gift shop is there, hair braiders, etc. There is no gift shop in the individual villages.

It would be ok to take the internal bus....but we found that those busses (took notice while waiting for theme park busses) came around about every 5-10 minutes. I would not want to wait that long to get to the food court.

We never had a car with us...so driving our car and parking it... was not an option.

I saw no advantage to staying at Trinidad South.

Hope this helps.

I did what many others said - when I stayed at CBR, I was placed in Trinidad South, which is somewhat disconnected from the rest of the resort. After walking the parks all day, sometimes those extra 10 plus minutes just to get to the food court, then 10 plus minutes back start to add up! I quit walking by day 3 of my trip, and drove to the food court the rest of the trip. I am in no hurry to stay at moderates anymore because of this - I resent being so removed from everything, where even getting a drink for my mug becomes a half hour event! :(

And when you see that everyone else has closer rooms than you, it's hard not to feel resentment! I would only stay in a perferred room at CBR, if I were to return.

That was our experience with Trinidad South. It soured me on moderates for several years.

Location can really make a difference though. We went to POR last fall and really enjoyed our second stay at a moderate. Our room was just a couple minutes from the main pool and the food court. We could get off the bus at the food court stop, grab a bite and take a short walk to our room. Similarily, if we were in our room for the evening and I wanted to step out to get a magazine or something ... it was just a quick trip to the gift shop.:thumbsup2

My daughter recently saw a picture of a CBR resort room and is begging to stay there! I would consider it again, but only with a preferred location.

We stay at the CBR every year, including our upcoming trip in March. We always get a preferred location, and try to request Martinque. This year I wasnt so lucky, I got a waterview room, and I keep calling to see if a preferred room opens up. I did request Jamaica or Aruba if I couldnt get the preferred room. I love the layout of this resort. :goodvibes

Are you able to find out prior to checking in what Section you will be in?

Well, the promenade around the entire lake is just 1.4 miles (or maybe it's 1.3 miles). Old Port Royale is in the middle of the promenade on the Martinique side.

We have stayed in Jamaica and in Martinique. It never took us long to get to Old Port Royale. In all honestly, even if I were walking slow and looking at the fish you see in the shallows of the lake, it would have only taken us 10 minutes to reach Old Port Royale.

We never took the internal bus because the walk was so pleasant.

I would definitely go with any advise that Safetymom posts. She is the CBR guru!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter