CBR vs CSR - Rethinking my booking based on new information, thoughts?

Orion Nebula

DIS Veteran
My wife and I have gone back and forth between these two resorts for awhile now and actually moved our reservation from Coronado to Carribean then back to Coronado. We based this off a few things, one we have stayed at Coronado and enjoyed it. Two CBR has some negative reviews in regards to the rooms (I can't even remember what exactly, lol). Anyways two new things today I found out have raised some concerns. One the NBA situation which the Coronado will be hosting some of the players, and secondly I am learning that the buses are skipping some of the stops which Includes one section that is now being booked again.

Anyhow the Skyliner was a CBR perk and one of the reasons we considered the resort. However I have recently learned that it isn't all that it's cracked up to be, although people are talking about Pop and not the CBR station. So I am not sure if the wait times are massive there also or not.

Does anyone have any thoughts on one versus the other? I know questions like this get asked all of the time but nothing that included these particular worries.

I am learning that the buses are skipping some of the stops which Includes one section that is now being booked again.

I suspect that once the Cabanas section opens and the Casitas is housing overpaid ball bouncers the busses will stop stopping at Casitas and start stopping at Cabanas.

Frankly given the current state of things I wouldn't choose either. I was pricing out a CBR vacation and I can stay at the Dolphin in an upgraded room for less even when you factor in the resort fee. The Dolphin is a much nicer hotel than the CBR (which I found totally adequate) and you can walk or Friendship boat to EP or HS and easily catch the Skyliner at the EP International Gateway.

If I let other people's experiences/opinions of Disney transportation deter me from staying at any particular resort, I would never stay at any of them. Our last stay at Jambo was the best transportation experience we've ever had, despite the common complaint that it's "so far away" from everything (it's really only far from MK, and even that isn't bad).

I would bet on the CSR bus stop issue getting sorted out soon. For bus-only transportation, it's really hard to beat CSR due to how centrally located it is. It doesn't take long at all to get to any of the parks.

As far as CBR and the Skyliner go, CBR has a nice advantage (especially in the morning) by being the hub station. Except for the first few groups coming from Pop/AoA, everyone else goes to the end of the line when they get to CBR. And while the lines may look intimidatingly long at park closing, they move quickly as long as it isn't experiencing any technical difficulties. Also, you're guaranteed your own gondola right now, which is a nice perk for all the obvious reasons and certainly won't last forever. And as someone who has ridden a few times but hasn't stayed at a Skyliner resort yet, it really is an attraction in its own right, IMO.

I just wouldn't worry about individual negative experiences too much unless you hear a lot of people complain about the same thing for an extended period of time. Anybody that's gone to Disney long enough has had to deal with the frustrating 45 minute wait for a bus back to their resort in the afternoon, the 20 minute monorail stoppage, etc. But even with all the COVID cost-cutting going on right now, Disney is still doing an overall extraordinary job at shuffling all those guests around.

Frankly given the current state of things I wouldn't choose either. I was pricing out a CBR vacation and I can stay at the Dolphin in an upgraded room for less even when you factor in the resort fee. The Dolphin is a much nicer hotel than the CBR (which I found totally adequate) and you can walk or Friendship boat to EP or HS and easily catch the Skyliner at the EP International Gateway.

I have stayed there before and it was very nice but we have a massive pile of giftcards we are using to pay for the resort. I don't think the Dolphin or Swan will accept them, unless I am wrong.

I suspect that once the Cabanas section opens and the Casitas is housing overpaid ball bouncers the busses will stop stopping at Casitas and start stopping at Cabanas.

I arrive on Feb 27th, I really hope that gets sorted out by then. And I am honestly kind of annoyed by WDW hosting a professional sports league. Even though it MAY not cause many issues it just seems a bit weird to bring in all of that to a family resort. BUT I also don't watch sports... lol

The Skyliner lines move really fast plus with the ROTR boarding group procedure now not needing for you to be in the park for first boarding group distribution. You don’t have to pre rope drop HS if you don’t want to.

I arrive on Feb 27th, I really hope that gets sorted out by then. And I am honestly kind of annoyed by WDW hosting a professional sports league. Even though it MAY not cause many issues it just seems a bit weird to bring in all of that to a family resort. BUT I also don't watch sports... lol
It’s not weird because Coronado isn’t really a “family resort”, which is one of the reasons it’s my favorite :rotfl2: it’s really a convention and business hotel, that’s why it makes sense they’re hosted there.

Has it been confirmed by Disney or the NBA G League that they are in fact staying at CSR? I can't seem to find any hard evidence. :confused3 Much appreciated!!

We stayed at CBR over thanksgiving. We were pleased with the room and the proximity to the skyline as well as the Riviera resort. We would get breakfast at Primo Piatto, which was lovely. Then we would hit the skyline to the parks.

Ok, I am so confused over this? Can you explain a bit more?

Ok, I am so confused over this? Can you explain a bit more?

Pretty easy, actually. Reportedly the Casitas section will become the "home" for the NBA *G* League. If that is the case, no "actual" guests (meaning not people getting paid to bounce a ball) will be put in Casitas (because heaven forbid a "pro" athelete come in contact with a mere mortal). The report seems to be that actual guests who do not reserve in GDT will be put in the Cabanas section of CSR.

If there are no actual guests in Casitas, there is no need for the busses to stop there. So theoretically the stops would become those at the Cabanas section and at GDT.

I would prefer Coronado Springs over CB. You can't base your stay on how long it takes to get to the parks because by the time you go things will probably change. Coronado has better food choices in my opinion and rooms.

Pretty easy, actually. Reportedly the Casitas section will become the "home" for the NBA *G* League. If that is the case, no "actual" guests (meaning not people getting paid to bounce a ball) will be put in Casitas (because heaven forbid a "pro" athelete come in contact with a mere mortal). The report seems to be that actual guests who do not reserve in GDT will be put in the Cabanas section of CSR.

If there are no actual guests in Casitas, there is no need for the busses to stop there. So theoretically the stops would become those at the Cabanas section and at GDT.
Oh, ok. I wasn't in the loop with CSR even though I love that resort. I am kinda surprised that the NBA put their players up there though. I would figure it wouldn't be up to their standards. I would pick CSR over CBR every day of the week.

Oh, ok. I wasn't in the loop with CSR even though I love that resort. I am kinda surprised that the NBA put their players up there though. I would figure it wouldn't be up to their standards. I would pick CSR over CBR every day of the week.

I just found out over on the Coronado thread that the NBA situation might actually worse than first thought. A person over there got some information from their TA friend. "supposedly" they will be building a barrier around the area they are staying. And there will be enhanced security (whatever that means) around the resort. It was even mentioned to make sure to keep your magic bands on due to being scanned at random. And on a side note guests may lose access to one quite pool (which makes sense), laundry and the SPA.... My wife is going to contact CS and try to get more information. If this is all true Disney decided it would be best not to share it with people when they book.

FYI, there are laundry facilities in each cluster of buildings, including Cabanas.

There are two fitness centers at CSR, one in Casitas and one in the tower - so the tower one will be available. I don’t think the ‘spa’ services at the La Vida fitness center in Casitas are available at the moment anyway (not totally sure about that, but I don’t think they are).

While a little different in physical setup, both BCV/YC and GF/VGF co-existed with NBA and guests for several months over the summer. Other than the much mocked ugly blue security fences, it didn’t seem to be much of an inconvenience.

Obviously TBD what exactly it will be like at CSR.

Thanks for the peace of mind. Even if it sounds ridiculous the entire ugly blue fence thing does seem crappy. But it's good to hear that all of the other services won't really be an issue.

If this is all true Disney decided it would be best not to share it with people when they book.
Unless you literally just booked in the last week, they didn't have the information to share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter